JETS trying to trade up

In a one-on-one interview ESPN's Sal Paolantonio, general manager Mike Tannenbaum said the New York Jets are looking to move up in the first round from the No. 17 pick.

Tannenbaum said the Jets could be moving for any number of players.

link

The Jets' GM actually confirms it? :thumbsup: Some kind of smokescreen?

Rotoworld's take:

Jets GM Mike Tannenbaum confirmed Friday that he is trying to trade up in in the first round from the No. 17 pick.

Tannenbaum insists he's not "fixated on Mark Sanchez" despite reports that the Jets are the Redskins' prime competition for the USC quarterback. The Jets are also believed to be high on tight end Brandon Pettigrew and several wide receivers.

ok, at first I thought you were trying to say that Buffalo and the Jets are trading picks..But now I see you were questioning it...If the Jets do move up, I don't see it being with the Bills...looks as tho 2 AFCE teams might try to trade with Jax for pick 8 now

They're going to have to trade up a lot higher than 11 to get Sanchez. It's looking like they might have to go to atleast 3 so Seattle doesn't snag him.

I think it will be a 3-way trade between the Jets/Browns and Redskins assuming Seattle does not get Sanchez.

In this scenario, Campbell will go to Cleveland, Brady Quinn will go to the Jets and Redskins will get Sanchez with the #5 pick. Cleveland will get the 1st round picks of both the Jets and Washington and

Cleveland will get the 1st round picks of Washington this year and next year and Campbell for the trade while the Jets will give their 1st to Cleveland for Brady quinn leaving the Browns with 2 1st round picks this year and a 1st rounder next year + campbell brown to compete with Derek Anderson.