Its Almost here!

I love draft weekend because of the hype leading up to it. Not to mention its a great day to get together with buddies, drink beer, eat some good food, and play cards. Anyone else have any draft day plans for the weekend? My guess/prayer for our 11 pick...I hope Orakpo slides to us. I know he's a Texas product, but man that dude is a beast. Saw some of his workouts...scary! Kind of reminds of a young Bruce Smith with his body type and voracity...lets only hope he falls to us and is half the player Bruce was! Everyone have a great draft weekend, I know I will! :lol:

I love draft weekend because of the hype leading up to it. Not to mention its a great day to get together with buddies, drink beer, eat some good food, and play cards. Anyone else have any draft day plans for the weekend? My guess/prayer for our 11 pick...I hope Orakpo slides to us. I know he's a Texas product, but man that dude is a beast. Saw some of his workouts...scary! Kind of reminds of a young Bruce Smith with his body type and voracity...lets only hope he falls to us and is half the player Bruce was! Everyone have a great draft weekend, I know I will! :lol:

I am excited to. Its a fun weekend not to just watch what your team does, but everyone elses as well. I would like to see Orakpo fall also, but if he doesnt then I would be happy with Ayers or Raji, but I dont think Raji slides past 6. Now at 28 I really think its anyones guess, but what if Freeman is sitting there at 28? I know that may be a long shot but just something to ponder.

I used to not watch the draft, but I started in 2004. Since then, I usually end up watching the whole thing for the most part. I might flip channels in the 5th-7th, but I always end up watching to see who is "Mr. Irrelevant". Yep, I was just thinking about how close it all was this morning. Can't wait :lol:

I am excited to. Its a fun weekend not to just watch what your team does, but everyone elses as well. I would like to see Orakpo fall also, but if he doesnt then I would be happy with Ayers or Raji, but I dont think Raji slides past 6. Now at 28 I really think its anyones guess, but what if Freeman is sitting there at 28? I know that may be a long shot but just something to ponder.

Honestly I wouldnt take Freeman here. Way too many holes to fill. Depending on what we do at 11 we need an OT, a TE, and another OLB. I dont think QB is on my short list. The countdown continues....

Yeah it is a fun weekend. When I was a litle younger, me & my friends used to do it up right. We would go golfing in the morning, meet over my house in around 11:30, drink all day, grill burgers in the afternoon & throw some stip steaks & lobster tails on at night, bet some NHL & NBA playoff games & make a day of it. We would usually get a 1/2 Keg for about 8-9 guys & by the end of the night we would have to go on a beer run. Now, we all have families(Im 36) & unfortunately alot of my friends wives are not as understanding as mine & they dont let them come over & drink all day. Oh well. Last few years it has been just me & the little guy(my 5yr old son) down in the basement watching the draft. A friend or 2 will stop over throughout theday. It is just as fun though, we will watch the draft down in the basement, play some mini basketball bet a few games for the playoffs/baseball & make a day of it. If I am not too drunk, I will usually make a fire with the fire pit in the back yard at night, making smores for the little guy. One of the days I really look forward too. I have a real strange feeling they are going to announce the bills aquired Henderson this weekend also.

I asked this in another post but got no response. What time does the draft start (or will the first pick be made)? (Buffalo time)

Need to make certain I get out of yard work and have all the necessary snack foods!

The draft starts at 4 this year. My guess is the bills first pick will be between 5 & 5:30, but that is just a guess.

Yeah it is a fun weekend. When I was a litle younger, me & my friends used to do it up right. We would go golfing in the morning, meet over my house in around 11:30, drink all day, grill burgers in the afternoon & throw some stip steaks & lobster tails on at night, bet some NHL & NBA playoff games & make a day of it. We would usually get a 1/2 Keg for about 8-9 guys & by the end of the night we would have to go on a beer run. Now, we all have families(Im 36) & unfortunately alot of my friends wives are not as understanding as mine & they dont let them come over & drink all day. Oh well. Last few years it has been just me & the little guy(my 5yr old son) down in the basement watching the draft. A friend or 2 will stop over throughout theday. It is just as fun though, we will watch the draft down in the basement, play some mini basketball bet a few games for the playoffs/baseball & make a day of it. If I am not too drunk, I will usually make a fire with the fire pit in the back yard at night, making smores for the little guy. One of the days I really look forward too. I have a real strange feeling they are going to announce the bills aquired Henderson this weekend also.

Acquiring Henderson would be HUGE! But what would we have to give up???? Extra 4th this year?

Good stuff! Now your son is going to be a little Gordio :thumbsup:

If we get Henderson, then i think this will help our defense out tremendously!

Good stuff! Now your son is going to be a little Gordio :thumbsup:

If we get Henderson, then i think this will help our defense out tremendously!

Yeah, my wife is praying for a daughter for our 2nd one in June. LOL

figure I will bring him up in the handicapping business at a nice young age. Being a good handicapper is a recession proof job. It always has been a dream of mine that me & him one day will go into the bookie business together. I will supply the financing & he could supply the muscle. it will be a nice little nest egg fo me in my golden years.

Acquiring Henderson would be HUGE! But what would we have to give up???? Extra 4th this year?

I would not have a problem giving jacksonville both 4ths, or maybe a 3rd & fith like we did with stroud.

I would not have a problem giving jacksonville both 4ths, or maybe a 3rd & fith like we did with stroud.

I agree with you. Eben a 3rd and 5th would be ok for Stroud. Wo would have a TOP3 DT-Duo. This also makes automatically our DE better.... The Jaguars can even have Kelsay gratis ,-)

But the Henderson-Trade-Situation is sleeping...... sadly....

But maybe we have a big surprise at this weekend and the trade gets hammered... ,-) --> to not loose our optimism

This has pretty much become like Christmas morning for me. Although this decade the Christmases have featured plenty of shiny new toys that look like they'll complement my other toys perfectly only they end up sabotaging the others, breaking just after warranty expiration and getting chewed by the dog and the lawnmower alike.

The first draft that I watched the entire coverage was the 2002 draft. I thought we did great that year. Could not have been more wrong. It seems like almost every year the Bills do something out of the ordinary to make it great at least for a day. The good years(on draft day) included 2004 and 2007, 2006 just put my entire draft party in a prolonged state of shock and befuddlement. Then there was the dreaded 2005 draft. Watched TV for nearly 7 hours before I could watch the Bills go on the clock and select Roscoe, a pygmy-like individual who also happens to be the only player from that draft still on the roster. We were supposed to unload Travis Henry.... we didn't. We did not even trade up or down with our 2nd round pick.

This year I hope to see a little shakin and movin(although I predict it to occur most likely in round 2-4) and maybe if I'm lucky we'll snatch up a falling prospect in the 3rd round or later. Like Jerry Seinfeld's father, I get excited about the deal.

This year certainly is going to be interesting. Watching it with a slightly new crowd on the island this year. Unfortunately due to my scrambling to finish my master's work I won't be able to begin my draft board construction until tonight when I get home from class because of this back-breaking busywork assignment Canisius has decided to reverse force-feed into my large intestine with it's Shaq-like Timberland's.

Also this year its supposed to be fantastic outside for the weekend, a perfect day to watch the draft, get crunk, toss the football and do all the things that make draft weekend the the most significant non-religious holiday of my post-pubescent life.

I'm sick I tell ya, sick as hell. I've got draft fever and I recommend keeping your distance, cause it's contagious!!!

Now where's that damn Hennigan's?

This has pretty much become like Christmas morning for me. Although this decade the Christmases have featured plenty of shiny new toys that look like they'll complement my other toys perfectly only they end up sabotaging the others, breaking just after warranty expiration and getting chewed by the dog and the lawnmower alike.

The first draft that I watched the entire coverage was the 2002 draft. I thought we did great that year. Could not have been more wrong. It seems like almost every year the Bills do something out of the ordinary to make it great at least for a day. The good years(on draft day) included 2004 and 2007, 2006 just put my entire draft party in a prolonged state of shock and befuddlement. Then there was the dreaded 2005 draft. Watched TV for nearly 7 hours before I could watch the Bills go on the clock and select Roscoe, a pygmy-like individual who also happens to be the only player from that draft still on the roster. We were supposed to unload Travis Henry.... we didn't. We did not even trade up or down with our 2nd round pick.

This year I hope to see a little shakin and movin(although I predict it to occur most likely in round 2-4) and maybe if I'm lucky we'll snatch up a falling prospect in the 3rd round or later. Like Jerry Seinfeld's father, I get excited about the deal.

This year certainly is going to be interesting. Watching it with a slightly new crowd on the island this year. Unfortunately due to my scrambling to finish my master's work I won't be able to begin my draft board construction until tonight when I get home from class because of this back-breaking busywork assignment Canisius has decided to reverse force-feed into my large intestine with it's Shaq-like Timberland's.

Also this year its supposed to be fantastic outside for the weekend, a perfect day to watch the draft, get crunk, toss the football and do all the things that make draft weekend the the most significant non-religious holiday of my post-pubescent life.

I'm sick I tell ya, sick as hell. I've got draft fever and I recommend keeping your distance, cause it's contagious!!!

Now where's that damn Hennigan's?

I have also draft fever. The Draft beginns here in Germany at 10 o´clock in the night..... i will sleep some hours before to watch the complete Draft at ESPN-Europe.

I don't understand why people bring up picking a QB. We have a QB. A QB is one of the last things we need. If I did want a QB, Freeman would not be my choice. He's Leftwich, Caulpepper, Russell ALL OVER AGAIN. No thank you.

Yeah, my wife is praying for a daughter for our 2nd one in June. LOL

figure I will bring him up in the handicapping business at a nice young age. Being a good handicapper is a recession proof job. It always has been a dream of mine that me & him one day will go into the bookie business together. I will supply the financing & he could supply the muscle. it will be a nice little nest egg fo me in my golden years.

:thumbsup: amen. So, when are you going out to buy him the "My Child's First Craps Table"?

:thumbsup: amen. So, when are you going out to buy him the "My Child's First Craps Table"?

LOL, my girlfriend is so conditioned to football talk from being around me that when guys at work are talking football she'll butt-in with some insight, correction or analysis and just blow them out of the water. Im trying to convince her to be in their fantasy football league this year and just mop em all up.