Kelsay on the market

wow, I can't count the number of time Kelsay was pushed down the line of scrimmage by the other team's OT or how he would always chase the QB on play action and lose his outside contain... Denney was infinitely better, and that isn't saying much. A bag of footballs would be a steal for Kelsay

Like a Chris Ellis?

No, when I say mid round I'm talking about a 4th or 5th rounder. Ellis was a 3rd rounder but the Ellis pick illustrates the problems a team gets into when they are fixated solely on someone with pass rush skills.

That's why I like guys like Tyson Jackson, who's an actual football player.

In answer to your question I was thinking along the lines of someone like a Brian Robison or a Ray Edwards. Very productive 4th rounder types.

I'd be shocked if anyone gave us anything for Kelsay and his contract.

Hopefully the Bills will be able to put one over on some team! :)

Maybe Greggg - new DC in N.O.?

He was a second round pick from Greggo's last draft. Please God let Greggo have a big say in trades for N.O. :lol:

FWIW, approx. 20 minutes ago, an announcer on Sirius just said that the Bills will get a 4th for Kelsay. He also said that it would go up to a 3rd if he gets 8 or 9 sacks, but added that it won't happen.

I think a 4th for Kelsay would be a steal for the Bills.

If you heard that right then it sounds like the Bills are close to a done deal with another team. <_< That would be highway robbery! :ph34r:

I don't see why. He's more likely to play better than any fourth rounder we draft, and his salary is immaterial because the Bills are significantly under the cap.

I think the Bills are stockpiling picks in order to do some draft day trading. Teams in the top ten have a lot of holes to fill and will probably want a lot of draft picks to help fill those holes. I'm hoping that Buffalo can package some of these fourth round picks into low third rounders. If that's the plan then I'm all for it! :P

I agree, but why not keep him? He's not that bad if you view him for what he is - a vet of medium ability. The Bills need to win this year, and unloading a bunch of players who started last year isn't going to help them in that regard.

I don't disagree, but if the Bills plan on adding a DE with one of their 1st round picks, they probably believe that someone has to go to make room, both from a salary standpoint and in order to accomodate the 53 man roster limit. As such, it makes sense to get a draft pick for one of them if possible instead of being forced to cut him later this summer.

No, when I say mid round I'm talking about a 4th or 5th rounder. Ellis was a 3rd rounder but the Ellis pick illustrates the problems a team gets into when they are fixated solely on someone with pass rush skills.

That's why I like guys like Tyson Jackson, who's an actual football player.

In answer to your question I was thinking along the lines of someone like a Brian Robison or a Ray Edwards. Very productive 4th rounder types.

I absolutely agree that a 4th or 5th rounder may end up being just as good at a lesser cost. But it's probably even more likely that they'll do nothing. I'm certainly not in love with Kelsay. I just think he's a mediocre/OK player, and that OK players, while not ideal, are better to have than bad players. I guess the guy I'd compare him to is Ron Edwards, a third rounder who isn't as good as Kelsay. Edwards is pretty typical. At least Kelsay starts and can stay on the field for an average defense. I guess my point is that it could be worse.