EVERETTE BROWN

He was my number one. Now I prefer Robby Ayers. This guy reminds me of Demarcus Ware. He destroys double teams, best DE against the run, and is BIG. This DL has smaller, fast, high-motor types. It needs another anchor to go with stroud.

I would love to see Ayers at 11, Pettigrew at 28(or trade up a bit), interior OL in rd 2. OLB Freeman in rd 3

He was my number one. Now I prefer Robby Ayers. This guy reminds me of Demarcus Ware. He destroys double teams, best DE against the run, and is BIG. This DL has smaller, fast, high-motor types. It needs another anchor to go with stroud.

I would love to see Ayers at 11, Pettigrew at 28(or trade up a bit), interior OL in rd 2. OLB Freeman in rd 3

How can a guy that had like 8 career sacks in 4 years remind you of the NFL's sack machine?

For whatever reason, Brown's stock seems to be falling. We may be able to snag him at 28.

I don't think 28, but he's sure looking like he'll at least make it to 11.

I think his stock is dropping because of his height at the combine, which I think is absolutely absurd. People watched his games all year and realized he was a dominant force. Now they see he's 2 inches shorter than they thought. I'll never understand how those 2 inches somehow erases the fact that he was dominant. Its not like he played 2 inches taller, and then shrunk after the season. Jesus Christ.

i want an explosive speed rusher to cause 3rd down havoc on the edge.

with aaron back and particularly if we sign henderson, we don't need another slow and steady DE.

it could be brown, but it could be orakpo or maybin IMO. if there is some way to trade down, package picks, whatever and get brown and pettigrew in the first i think we would be like SD when they added gates and merriweather.

I think his stock is dropping because of his height at the combine, which I think is absolutely absurd. People watched his games all year and realized he was a dominant force. Now they see he's 2 inches shorter than they thought. I'll never understand how those 2 inches somehow erases the fact that he was dominant. Its not like he played 2 inches taller, and then shrunk after the season. Jesus Christ.

I dont understand the height thing either. Take a ruler and measure out 2 inches on a piece of paper. Then someone please explain to me why that miniscule difference in how tall someone is means they are going to be significantly worse than someone taller.

I've watched him from the stands the past 2.5 years and the guy is explosive as hell and would be a welcomed addition to our lack of a pass rush.

I dont understand the height thing either. Take a ruler and measure out 2 inches on a piece of paper. Then someone please explain to me why that miniscule difference in how tall someone is means they are going to be significantly worse than someone taller.

I've watched him from the stands the past 2.5 years and the guy is explosive as hell and would be a welcomed addition to our lack of a pass rush.

Maybe you can answer this for me. I know your opinion is probably biased, but still, I think you've seen him play more than most fans and mock scouts.

Some mock scouts are saying that Brown can't take the pounding of an every down DE in the NFL, and that he should only be used as a situational pass rusher. Also, that he's bad against the run.

Personally, I don't think that is true. I don't think he's JUST a situational pass rusher. Surely, on running situations (such as 3rd and 1, or something obvious like that) you'd put Kelsay or Denney in there, but I think Brown is not just an Elvis Dumervil or Robert Mathis of a few years ago. What do you think?

I don't think his stock is dropping as much as other people's stock are rising. I know it's a question of semantics, but either way I don't see it as a reflection of his capabilities.

I personally would be very happy to get E. Brown. If we could somehow land him and Pettigrew in the first round, I would think of it as a total success in my view.

Maybe you can answer this for me. I know your opinion is probably biased, but still, I think you've seen him play more than most fans and mock scouts.

Some mock scouts are saying that Brown can't take the pounding of an every down DE in the NFL, and that he should only be used as a situational pass rusher. Also, that he's bad against the run.

Personally, I don't think that is true. I don't think he's JUST a situational pass rusher. Surely, on running situations (such as 3rd and 1, or something obvious like that) you'd put Kelsay or Denney in there, but I think Brown is not just an Elvis Dumervil or Robert Mathis of a few years ago. What do you think?

Its tough to comment on his ability to play the run, because he wasn't asked to stop the run in a traditional sense here. FSU wants its DEs to get upfield and let the LBs clean up. Brown is a disrupter. His job, and he excelled, was to get into the backfield and create havoc, be it a run or pass play. Stats wise, he registered 21.5 and 11.5 tackles for loss the past 2 seasons, so he can stop the run in the backfield.

The kids got the moves and fluidity to get into the backfield, which i feel translates well at the NFL level. He'll need moves like that to get by the bigger stronger OTs in the NFL. He was an every down player here, so i don't see why "he can't take the pounding." The biggest part of his game he needs to work on is some better body control and doing a better job of wrapping up tackles. There were probably 3-4 times this season he blew into the backfield and let the QB slip from his grasp. But, i think that is something that can be corrected by coaching.

Plenty of other DEs currently in the NFL operate perfectly fine in the 250-265 range, so there's no reason to think Brown can't do the same. I would agree that in obvious running downs, ie- 3rd and short, you bring in a more stout player against the run.