I have a Man-crush on Pettigrew

Maddog69

You said this:

How can you like a player at 16, but not like him at 11? He's the same player...

It wasn't a knock on him, and maybe I phrased it wrong. I just really think there are going to be opportunities come next week to move back in the 1st round, add picks, and draft him a bit later. If in fact Pettigrew is their target.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Pettigrew will fall to late first round,if Robert Ayers is there you thank God Almighty and grab him.He reminds me alot of Dwight Freeny.Ayers will be a force.

If Ayers was NEVER a force in college, can you explain how he's going to be a "force" in the NFL?

Why do we NEED to draft a LT at 11?

Why does the bread always fall butter side down? Why is the sky blue? Why are rocks hard?

That's just the way it is. LT is the second or third most important position on any team and we have nobody who is even close to filling it now. Not even close.

I am a big Pettigrew fan and hoped we would find a way to get him. Can't see it happening now. One of our first two picks has to be LT. And Pettigrew won't be there at 28. And we also need a very good DE.

Pettigrew will fall to late first round,if Robert Ayers is there you thank God Almighty and grab him.He reminds me alot of Dwight Freeny.Ayers will be a force.

Well, they're both DEs. However, Freeney in college was already a pass-rushing force. How many sacks did Ayers have? They're totally different kinds of players. Freeney is less physical but much faster.

It wasn't a knock on him, and maybe I phrased it wrong. I just really think there are going to be opportunities come next week to move back in the 1st round, add picks, and draft him a bit later. If in fact Pettigrew is their target.

If Pettigrew is going to be a Bill, we only get him one of two ways IMO. We draft him at 11 or we package our 28 with another pick and move up to 20. He will be gone before we pick again. I'd like to see the Bills grab a linemen with our first pick. Defense or offense, whatever has better value. If we could still get Pettigrew, it would be a nice combo.

Oher/Pettigrew

Ayers/Pettigrew

Brown/Pettigrew

Orakpo/Pettigrew

Smith/Pettigrew

or we stay put and go

Pettigrew/Beatty

Pettigrew/Britton

Pettigrew/Ayers

Pettigrew/Mack

I really want Pettigrew.

If Pettigrew is going to be a Bill, we only get him one of two ways IMO. We draft him at 11 or we package our 28 with another pick and move up to 20. He will be gone before we pick again. I'd like to see the Bills grab a linemen with our first pick. Defense or offense, whatever has better value. If we could still get Pettigrew, it would be a nice combo.

Oher/Pettigrew

Ayers/Pettigrew

Brown/Pettigrew

Orakpo/Pettigrew

Smith/Pettigrew

or we stay put and go

Pettigrew/Beatty

Pettigrew/Britton

Pettigrew/Ayers

Pettigrew/Mack

I really want Pettigrew.

Ding ding ding ding

Then trade back into the first round by trading our 2nd and 3rd for Matthews.

one can dream.

we have a winner!!! :wallbash:

Why does the bread always fall butter side down? Why is the sky blue? Why are rocks hard?

That's just the way it is. LT is the second or third most important position on any team and we have nobody who is even close to filling it now. Not even close.

I am a big Pettigrew fan and hoped we would find a way to get him. Can't see it happening now. One of our first two picks has to be LT. And Pettigrew won't be there at 28. And we also need a very good DE.

What the hell are you talking about? nobody gives a crap about buttered toast or rocks. please leave!

We have NO ONE close to filling it? Really?

Walker played better than Peters at LT last year. Chambers played better than Peters last year. The only way we wouldn't be better this year is if our new LT surrendered 12 sacks or more.

Anything will be better than Peters was last year. Walker played good there, Chambers played good at RT, and Bell seems to be highly rated by the Bills staff. There is no reason we are obligated to take an OT 11th overall.

Oher/Pettigrew

Ayers/Pettigrew

Brown/Pettigrew

Orakpo/Pettigrew

Smith/Pettigrew

or we stay put and go

Pettigrew/Beatty

Pettigrew/Britton

Pettigrew/Ayers

Pettigrew/Mack

I really want Pettigrew.

so a trade down is totally out of the question?

But why do we need to take a LT in the 1st round at all?

When Walker was at LT and Chambers at RT, the line was more than good. The pass protection was excellent. Not to mention we also have Bell, who we hear is progressing really well. Sure, Bell hasn't played a down in this league, but neither has any tackle in the draft.

I think selecting a tackle in the 1st round would be dumb with our other needs.

I have heard that argument over and over and it ignores one thing. Do you remember the teams we played early last season. The league's dregs. We looked OK against horrible competition. That's not a ringing endorsement.

Bell might indeed make an acceptable second-stringer this year. And by 2010 or 2011, who knows. But this year it's not happening. We absolutely need a good LT, and we don't have on right now.

Here is an article with a realistic look at the new situation at LT. It's an interview with a Scouts Inc. analyst. He's got it right. Walker is too stiff to be a good against speed rushers. Bell is inexperienced and it's just too early for him.

We need an LT in the draft. Early.

What the hell are you talking about? nobody gives a crap about buttered toast or rocks. please leave!

Ah, not the brightest bulb in the sign, are we? Maybe next year, in seventh grade, they will cover metaphors and poetic license. Come back then.

Permit me to play devil's advocate- His production was decent but not anything to get excited about.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=158483

C YDS avg lg TD

2005 11 128 11.6 21 1 0 0 0.0 0 0 0 0

2006 24 310 12.9 31 4 0 0 0.0 0 0 0 0

2007 35 540 15.4 54 4 0 0 0.0 0 0 0 0

2008 42 472 11.2 38 0 0 0 0.0 0 0 0 0

What am I missing about Pettigrew?

Wow. I couldn't wait to find one of the losers that thinks this way this year so I could make fun of them. I can't believe people actually say "I wouldn't draft this player at __ slot, but trade down 3-5 picks and I would."

What in the HELL sense does that make, honestly? You draft a player based on how good he is. If he's a good player, you draft him, and if he isn't, then you don't. It aint rocket science.

At pick 11 he's not good, but at 16 he all of a sudden is a good player now? Wtf?

ans

I think you are misunderstanding here.....

It isnt that you dont think he is good enough to be drafted at 11....it is managing the draft to still get the player you want AND have that extra pick later on to either get another player or even package to move up if you see a player you want that is dropping.

For instance....if there was a team at 12 that needed a TE? I wouldn't even be entertaining a trade down.....but I dont think that is the case this year.