Robert Ayers

WordByrd

I just saw Ayers on the SportsCenter draft special. He seemed like a very level headed guy, looks big enough, and fast enough to make a great transition to the NFL. A few other Tennessee lineman (Haynesworth, Reggie White) have translated well in the NFL. Who would you pick at 11 out of the DE's? Kiper says Ayers would translate best in a 4-3.

I just saw Ayers on the SportsCenter draft special. He seemed like a very level headed guy, looks big enough, and fast enough to make a great transition to the NFL. A few other Tennessee lineman (Haynesworth, Reggie White) have translated well in the NFL. Who would you pick at 11 out of the DE's? Kiper says Ayers would translate best in a 4-3.

I like Maybin more....However, we need a pass rusher and he may be the guy...

I really think Ayers is the odds on favorite to the Bills at #11...He's the best fit for The Bills D and depending on who you ask (Mayock...KOKBILLS... :worthy: ) Ayers may have the most upside of any Defender in the 09 Draft...

I've got My fingers crossed...

That never works though... :unsure:

He had only three sacks last year in college. I think we need a pass rusher.

I've got a feeling the Bills will take the most NFL-ready player they can at a position of need. This as opposed to a player who could have more upside in 2-3 years. Everyone at OBD knows they've got to win now, not 2-3 years from now.

Fearing a bust by taking the safe pick is what has Buffalo in their current situation.

I think we need a pass rusher.

Agreed...But it's not like The Bills DE's are great vs. the run either...The Bills need a DE and Ayers may be the best fit for their 4-3...He can rush the passer...He was a monster in The Sr. Bowl and the Practices before...He will get better too...He will learn...But the main thing is some Scouts have Ayers projected as the best long term answer as a 4-3 DE...Not just a Pass rusher or a run stopper...A complete Player at DE...We need one of those too... :worthy:

I dont get all the hype about Ayers. Why didnt he do more in college?

Good question. I'm not at all sold on him, or any of these DEs, for that matter. If I had to pick one of them, at this point, it would probably be Tyson Jackson. No, he's not a great pass rusher, either, but at 295lbs, I don't expect him to be. What he can do is help this team's 22nd ranked run defense, plus, at his size, he offers them some versatility and should easily be able to shift inside on passing downs. Not only that, but should they ever switch back to a 3-4 (and I think this coaching staff's days in Buffalo are numbered), they'd have an ideal DE candidate in place already.