Michael Oher

Mopreme

I've seen him play. He has a very weak upper body, and gets easily bull rushed. His technique is poor, but can be worked on. IMO he's not the type of lineman that's going to be able to play right away. He's going to need work, but the ability is there. Think of D. Bell at a bigger program. Although, IMO, I think Bell has more raw talent.

If he gets drafted, gets into a camp, and really does some work (wight lifting and technique wise) I think he could come in and play right away, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Lots of upside, but will need time to develop as you suggested.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oher got a 19 on the wonderlic.

Jason Peters scored a 9.

This is very telling. Oher has a learning disability and still managed to do double Peters score on a standardized test. It further explains how Peters allowed himself to become a tool of a slick agent wanting a big payday.

Oher's scouting report says he has a difficult time with complex blocking schemes. How is that different from Peters? According to Peters he was only responsible for one defensive player per play. If you ask him, he thoroughly dominated that player all game with the exeption of a couple (game changing) plays.

Chris Kelsay is still employed on this team pulling in 6 million dollars a year. Their head coach, who has a ridiculous 7 out of 8 years losing record as a head coach, just got a freaking pay raise and a 3 years extension. Not only has he yet to have a winning record for us, he has yet to beat a good team.

But they get pissed that their pro-bowl LT of the future wants the going rate for his services and so they deal him for basically what amounts to a high second round draft pick while creating a gaping whole for which they will patchwork a couple of rookies and scrub offensive lineman, knowing full well their starting QB has the fragility of a china doll.

The Buffalo Bills...where every good to great player leaves, every over-rated "high-motor" player gets a new contract and every average free agent acquired from other teams get boat loads of money. Wash, rinse and repeat. We really do have morons running our team.

Could not agree more with the first paragraph. It sums up how I feel about the Bills for the last couple of years. I disagree in the second paragragh about the going rate (to me the going rate is not the highest contract for that position in the league-top ten money would to me sound more like going rate). Your third paragraph I disagree with because I dont think any of the players that left here very good and all where very overrated( even before John Butler left this team started getting terrible at drafting - and with the exception of one or two draft classes it has been that way far too long). I think losing Pat Williams who we let walk because he was aging but still going strong what has it been five years now and Antoine Winfield are probably the only two I would take back. Fletcher, Spikes, Clements, Sam Adams, McGahee where well past there prime or not nearly as good as many of us think they where.

Chris Kelsay is still employed on this team pulling in 6 million dollars a year. Their head coach, who has a ridiculous 7 out of 8 years losing record as a head coach, just got a freaking pay raise and a 3 years extension. Not only has he yet to have a winning record for us, he has yet to beat a good team.

But they get pissed that their pro-bowl LT of the future wants the going rate for his services and so they deal him for basically what amounts to a high second round draft pick while creating a gaping whole for which they will patchwork a couple of rookies and scrub offensive lineman, knowing full well their starting QB has the fragility of a china doll.

The Buffalo Bills...where every good to great player leaves, every over-rated "high-motor" player gets a new contract and every average free agent acquired from other teams get boat loads of money. Wash, rinse and repeat. We really do have morons running our team.

Could not agree more with the first paragraph. It sums up how I feel about the Bills for the last couple of years. I disagree in the second paragragh about the going rate (to me the going rate is not the highest contract for that position in the league-top ten money would to me sound more like going rate). Your third paragraph I disagree with because I dont think any of the players that left here very good and all where very overrated( even before John Butler left this team started getting terrible at drafting - and with the exception of one or two draft classes it has been that way far too long). I think losing Pat Williams who we let walk because he was aging but still going strong what has it been five years now and Antoine Winfield are probably the only two I would take back. Fletcher, Spikes, Clements, Sam Adams, McGahee where well past there prime or not nearly as good as many of us think they where.

I saw a funny comment from a scout somewhere that said Beatty plays tackle "like a cake-eating, chardonnay drinker".

:rolleyes:

Would that make him the Joey Harrington of OT's? I seem to remember Tony Siragusa calling Harrington more of a "cheese and wine" guy and him not taking it all that well.

Anyone? No Beatty analysis? Bandit27? I'm more than a little concerned over here about how to fill this hole, having serious concerns with Andre Smith and Michael Oher.