Mike Freeman response to Peters trade

That take is worth $0.02, precisely. But he has a nice smile at least.

I think the point they were trying to make, which Freeman was apparently to think to understand, is that Peter's holdout was a significant distraction all training camp and into the start of the season, and there's no way they were going to risk that happening again.

He used to cover the NFL for The New York Times, and wrote Bloody Sundays.

For what it's worth, I believe he's also the guy who emulated George O'Leary on his resume when he applied for a columnist's gig in Indy, claiming a college degree he didn't have. Bad mistake. Guess he recovered okay if he's writing for CBS, though.

Guest three3

this board is simmering with stupidity. it is the duty of the sane to step up and smack the stupid down and out

Guest three3

yes. you and the guy who wrote that lame arse take. he should be ashamed when his direct deposit hits his account every friday

yes. you and the guy who wrote that lame arse take. he should be ashamed when his direct deposit hits his account every friday

Cool, just wanted to understand the maturity level of the person calling me stupid! Thanks, now I know, fellow Bills fan!

http://mike-freeman.blogs.cbssports.com/mc...264363/14563659

Although I think the Bills are cheap, this response from Freeman touched a nerve. I honestly feel like he is saying something just to add his own worthless 2 cents.

What say you?

Sorry, if the link doesn't work right.

J

The guy does make one good point. The Bills simply would not pay Peters, so they dumped him. And why did they have to dump him? I think the smartest thing the circle-jerks could have done was nothing.

If you made your best offer and it wasn't enough for him to even bother playing football under contract, then fine. Let him sit. If he would have come back a few days before the opening game again this fall, fine. Let him practice, work his big butt off. And bury him on the bench until he absolutely destroyed the guy starting in front of him in practice. Then, make him work that hard week after week and force him to earn his status as best LT in the NFL. And if he became that in everyone's eyes, then just pay the guy and get into the damn playoffs!!

What do you really think Peters is going to do in Philly after he gets the money the Bills refused to pay him. Do you really think he's going to be a huge bust in front of those fans just because you guys out here on this board think that little of his pride and talent??

I doubt it. I loved the kid. Free agent tight end, turns himself into a Pro Bowl left tackle in two years. Sure his ego got the best of him, but like the guy said, aren't we excited to have T.O. on the Bills right now??

I think Mr. Freeman (or the headline writer) has a reading comprehension problem.

The Bills said the Peter contract situation was a distraction, not that Peters was a distraction.

I think Mr. Freeman (or the headline writer) has a reading comprehension problem.

The Bills said the Peter contract situation was a distraction, not that Peters was a distraction.

Since it's a BLOG!!, I assume Freeman wrote his own hed.