Peters Trade: Board reaction

KD in CA

Peters trade  

243 members have voted

1. 1. Are you happy they traded Peters?

• Yes; he's a malcontent that isn't worth the money he wants
    • No; he was our franchaise LT and this is a major setback
  2. 2. Did they get reasonable value for him?

• Yes; as much as can be expected.
    • No; Pro Bowl LT should bring more/higher picks

Just want to gauge overall reaction.

I am happy to get an unhappy malcontent off this team! The compensation seems fair, but the Bills were in a bind and most teams knew that, so with that considered, good trade!. Now we have picks to work with, draft day trades possibly?....Go Bills!

Guest dog14787

My initial reaction personally is while it makes for an interesting draft, its a bad trade.

On the other hand I would imagine the FO was tired of trying to come to terms with someone demanding top dollar yet unable to dedicate himself to the organization.

Besides, as been previously posted, we are going up against a superior FO, what do you expect. <_<

The compensation is pretty poor. the 28 pick is probably not going to contribute the first year and is a fifty-fifty shot to be above average- Philly's 4th is crap- unless next years is a 1st if Peters make another Pro bowl, we were bent over and raped.

I expected a better package from Philly, but it's not terrible. Just weak. Now can we trade down and get more picks, and can we pick some impact players?

That said I'm glad Peters is gone. Too much bad blood at this point. Even if we paid him I doubt he would have played hard for us.

PTR

I'm sorry to lose him on the field

I'm not sorry to lose him off the field

He wanted out of Buffalo. Grant him his wish and get something in return

Best of luck JP.

Tho I do kind of have a funny feeling he's going to end up like Jonas Jennings

He wasnt worth it for the Bills to make him the highest pay LT and I guess Peters wanted out of Buffalo, which I think was the Bottom line in this case. So Buh Bye :lol:

But what they got in return is like a high 2nd round pick and a low 4th??

Dont think Bill Polian or John Bulter would have went for that deal. :wallbash:

Starting line on Left side is gonna be sub -par unless they get very lucky

Trent Edwards better get some extra Heat Rub and some extra ice packs for the Fall

He gonna need them

Guest dog14787
I expected a better package from Philly, but it's not terrible. Just weak. Now can we trade down and get more picks, and can we pick some impact players?

PTR

No, not horrible, we could also move up with a trade to a team that's in the process of rebuilding that prefers the extra picks.

Only problem is we have more holes to fill now and one of them holes is big, real big.

Even if he was an A- hole :wallbash:

Under the circumstances, the poll is incorrect on both counts, in my opinion. You cannot expect to get rid of a malecontent player and then expect to get great value for him in a trade. That is illogical. I voted that we should not have traded him at all. But since the Bills took the cheap road out yet again, and they decided to go ahead and trade him and his salary demands away, I then voted that we did get about as good a deal as can be expected.

Bottom line: Peters wanted out. He just had enough of the team, the town, the lot. No matter what we would pay him he was going to go. He hurt the team by doing a no-show last year. We didn;t get the value I would of liked out of him - but frankly, his attitude was horrible and I think we should feel OK about seeing him go. Not sure he will set the world on fire in Philly.

I don't have much of an issue with the trade....I just wish it never came to this.

To me, the blame should be spread equally between Peters and the FO. If he had gotten his arse into camp on time, he would have been rewarded. I wish the FO would've held out for more, instead they settled on a couple of picks.