Has GWB severly damaged Liberalism??

One of the big questions that I have coming out of this election is what impact this overwhelming win will have on the liberal left. Lets consider these points:

1) The hollywood elites and entertainemt industry went ALL out to effect the election, and apparantly people ignored them. messages such as "Vote or Die" did not have the impact they expected.

2) The 527's such as move on .org etc. backed by the likes of george soros took it n the chin big time. They spent millions, and essentially got nothing for it.

3) The fear tactics of topics such as the draft, and social security did not resinate with the American people. These were long standing winners for the liberal left.

4) Raiseing taxes on the "rich" has seemed to lose its luster. Has the class warfare attempts finally come to an end?

These are just a few of the tactics that did not seem to have the effect that the liberal left had hoped. These are staples of their party...what message did the resounding and crushing victory send them? My guess is they will have to seriously re-examine their approach for the next election. There is no doubt that they cannot continue to lose senate and house seats at this rate.

having said that, can the liberal wing of the democratic party continue to set the agenda for them? hasn't the pattern that started over 10 yeras ago taught them anything, or will they still be singing the same tune 10 years from now when they have only one or two advoctaes in either house?

Interested to hear everyones views on this.

Personally, I hope the Lib Left is defeated once and for all. The Left Wingers have everything to do with the division of this country and have showed absolutely nothing to enhance or benefit the people. I hope that the people of this great country wake up and finally realize that Liberalism is dead and will never raise its ugly head again.

I would like to know if any other country in its history was so divided by two completely different mindsets that when they were at war, they wouldn't stand together as one?

I pray to god that Liberalism and the Far Left is dead and will never come back to try to ruin this country again!!!!!!!!

Guest BackInDaDay
One of the big questions that I have coming out of this election is what impact this overwhelming win will have on the liberal left. Lets consider these points:

1) The hollywood elites and entertainemt industry went ALL out to effect the election, and apparantly people ignored them. messages such as "Vote or Die" did not have the impact they expected.

2) The 527's such as move on .org etc. backed by the likes of george soros took it n the chin big time. They spent millions, and essentially got nothing for it.

3) The fear tactics of topics such as the draft, and social security did not resinate with the American people. These were long standing winners for the liberal left.

4) Raiseing taxes on the "rich" has seemed to lose its luster. Has the class warfare attempts finally come to an end?

These are just a few of the tactics that did not seem to have the effect that the liberal left had hoped. These are staples of their party...what message did the resounding and crushing victory send them? My guess is they will have to seriously re-examine their approach for the next election. There is no doubt that they cannot continue to lose senate and house seats at this rate.

having said that, can the liberal wing of the democratic party continue to set the agenda for them? hasn't the pattern that started over 10 yeras ago taught them anything, or will they still be singing the same tune 10 years from now when they have only one or two advoctaes in either house?

99633[/snapback]

Excellent post Rich.

I woder how many moderate Democrats felt it necessary to cast their votes for Republican candidates?

No.  NYS, Mass, and California showed that.  NYS once again elected 95% of incumbents.

Liberalism is far from dead.  It'll be back in 2 years, with the same stupid arguments.

99649[/snapback]

well AD if you are right, I guess that we can expect another couple of republican seats added to the senate, and 10 or so more seats added to the house. I kind of like that trend.

No.  NYS, Mass, and California showed that.  NYS once again elected 95% of incumbents.

Liberalism is far from dead.  It'll be back in 2 years, with the same stupid arguments.

99649[/snapback]

Well, I have very little respect for anyone that resides in NYS, MA or CAL. Though I was born and raised in Buffalo, it took a move out of there to realize that things aren't everyones elses fault but the fault of the people being narrowminded. Funny that those 3 states are also the ones with the most people departing. I wish more people would wake up that live there!!

99649[/snapback]

You know what cracks me up? People were still voting in California last night, and NBC gave it to Kerry. No fuss, no muss. That's a problem I hope to see resolved in my day.

Six more years of Barbara Boxer.  Lord have mercy.

99686[/snapback]

man boom, I forgot about that. But look at it this way...voices like hers are getting more and more remote. She will look even more silly now that there are fewer of her kind.

I have also been wondering....what will algore do now. His patented "he betrayed us", "He played on our fears" and "he stole the election" rhetoric will simply not be a big seller any more.

These are interesting times we live in pal, we have a big oppertunity here.

Well, I have very little respect for anyone that resides in NYS, MA or CAL. Though I was born and raised in Buffalo, it took a move out of there to realize that things aren't everyones elses fault but the fault of the people being narrowminded. Funny that those 3 states are also the ones with the most people departing. I wish more people would wake up that live there!!

99698[/snapback]

Good thing we have broadminded people like yourself to lump over 60,000,000 people all into the same category, huh?

:I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

99649[/snapback]

Far from dead is right. Think about it...they almost won this election.

Left wing extremists are alive and well. Luckily, they isolate the masses of mainstream, normal people.

In addition to choosing Twinkle Toes Edwards, I am guessing that those jackoffs who were demonstrating at the Repub Convention cost Kerry the election. Remember the lady pushing an infant in 90 degree heat while protesting for "abortion rights?" People saw these kooks on television and were scared imo.

KTD disagrees, but I think that these wackos are part of the core of the democrat party.

Honestly, I wish they were not. At least I would have a choice.

Good thing we have broadminded people like yourself to lump over 60,000,000 people all into the same category, huh?

:I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

99923[/snapback]

Sorry Jon, I should have probably phrased that a little differently. My whole point was that those are the 3 worse taxed states in the country and yet the people there still vote for the free spending liberals. It just baffles me every voting season. Like I said, I'm just glad I don't live there anymore because my voice would never be heard amost the libs.

You guys shouldnt complain about NYS and CA. CA is, what, the sixth largest economy in the world? And without NYS, GWB doesn't win this election at all. He won because the biggest and greatest city in the world was attacked, plain and simple.

100284[/snapback]

Which explains why he carried the state.

Mr. Bush won because John Kerry is an even bigger fraud. It's truly sad that he's supposedly the best candidate they had to offer.

99633[/snapback]

If there were no liberals left, then who would be left for you to feel superior over? Oh yeah, there are still the gays :P