I think the Bills should get this guy at Tight End

I think he would be good in the redzone

NFL | Arizona basketball player works out as tight end

Comment (0) Tweet me!

Thu, 16 Apr 2009 00:46:22 -0700

Bruce Pascoe, of The Arizona Daily Star, reports University of Arizona basketball player Fendi Onobun recently worked out for three NFL teams - the Buffalo Bills, Carolina Panthers and New England Patriots - as a potential tight end. He said he has been told he had really good numbers, running the 40-yard dash in 4.50 seconds and having a vertical leap of 37 1/2 inches. "The only downfall is I've never played before so they don't know if I can take a hit," Onobun said. "I know nothing about the game and I've only been training for a couple of weeks." He hasn't played football since junior high. He said he may be able to catch on with a team during a minicamp or during training camp to continue learning the game.

NFL | Arizona basketball player works out as tight end

Comment (0) Tweet me!

Thu, 16 Apr 2009 00:46:22 -0700

Bruce Pascoe, of The Arizona Daily Star, reports University of Arizona basketball player Fendi Onobun recently worked out for three NFL teams - the Buffalo Bills, Carolina Panthers and New England Patriots - as a potential tight end. He said he has been told he had really good numbers, running the 40-yard dash in 4.50 seconds and having a vertical leap of 37 1/2 inches. "The only downfall is I've never played before so they don't know if I can take a hit," Onobun said. "I know nothing about the game and I've only been training for a couple of weeks." He hasn't played football since junior high. He said he may be able to catch on with a team during a minicamp or during training camp to continue learning the game.

Perfect. I think the Bills should sign Paulaus and this kid. Think of the charity basketball team the Bills could put on the floor, when they tour the Toronto high schools next off season.

I liked this blurb about this guy from whomever writes commentary on signings and stuff for rotoworld.

He's getting looked at as a tight end. Onobun reportedly ran a 4.50-flat forty, jumped 37.5" vertically, and posted a 10'7" broad jump at 6'6/250. While those numbers look terrific in paper, Onobun has never played football. Often times guys like this give up not long after taking their first hit.

Seems like Fendi is already talking about that, too.