Another Little Glimmer....

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ya gotta crawl before you can walk. This didn't happen overnight, it took years to get here and it's gonna be a little slow on the uptick.

But if it will make you happy, life sucks and then you die.

Top PC maker Hewlett-Packard Co managed to grow shipments by 2.9 percent from a year earlier and increase its industry-leading global market share to 20.5 percent from 18.5 percent.

No. 2 player Dell Inc continued to struggle, with shipments diving 16.7 percent. Dell's market share slipped to 13.6 percent, while No. 3 Acer Inc gained ground and increased its share to 11.6 percent.

I gotta wonder how much of that HP growth and Dell decline has to do with the fact that HP bought EDS, one of Dell's biggest customers. B-)

Top PC maker Hewlett-Packard Co managed to grow shipments by 2.9 percent from a year earlier and increase its industry-leading global market share to 20.5 percent from 18.5 percent.

No. 2 player Dell Inc continued to struggle, with shipments diving 16.7 percent. Dell's market share slipped to 13.6 percent, while No. 3 Acer Inc gained ground and increased its share to 11.6 percent.

I gotta wonder how much of that HP growth and Dell decline has to do with the fact that HP bought EDS, one of Dell's biggest customers. B-)

This is 100% related to PC equipment, not consulting. That is a separate division. Competition for the HP consulting organization which includes EDS comes primarily from IBM Global Services in the US at least.

Sad fact is that Dell has really gone downhill in its products and customer support.

This is 100% related to PC equipment, not consulting. That is a separate division. Competition for the HP consulting organization which includes EDS comes primarily from IBM Global Services in the US at least.

So there's no PC equipment related to consulting? B-)

When IBM consults, do they push HP equipment?

When HP consults, do they push Dells?

:beer:

So there's no PC equipment related to consulting? :thumbdown:

When IBM consults, do they push HP equipment?

When HP consults, do they push Dells?

:lol:

You might be surprised...

Too bad for you I cannot share insider info. Suffice it to say that I am in the business and I what I am talking about, and if you don't believe it, I won't cry.

You might be surprised...

Too bad for you I cannot share insider info. Suffice it to say that I am in the business and I what I am talking about, and if you don't believe it, I won't cry.

We have something in common then as I also work in the business...and deal with HP/EDS :thumbdown:

no, i didn't. I worked in consulting outsourcing/managed services for a number of years ... I work with a number of OEMs...nothing proprietary in any of that.

If you are privy to any inside information and you're posting things here that insinuate that things are looking up with a particular company you did. Be careful.

If you are privy to any inside information and you're posting things here that insinuate that things are looking up with a particular company you did. Be careful.

What part about the three public sources did you miss? You could even read the IDC report if you wished, it has NUMBERS in it.

The pushback was "oh well that was driven by XYZ", while of course being irrelvant (because the numbers are real) was just plain dumb. My response was that it's a different group, which is public.. In addition had the nitwit bothered to read the articles: the gain was posted by surprisingly strong sales to U.S. consumers.

Last I checked, EDS doesn't sell to consumers.

"Insider" doesn't always mean what people think it does. I know the industry, I know a number of the companies and most importantly I KNOW HOW TO READ.

"Insider" doesn't always mean what people think it does. I know the industry, I know a number of the companies and most importantly I KNOW HOW TO READ.

Insider information (I have no idea why you've put quotes around it) means information that has not be disclosed to the public. End of story.

Do you possibly have any "insider information" on good Law Schools in San Fran by any chance??? :lol:

No, but I was going to say that I have insider information that you're a !@#$stick but then I realized this public and common knowledge. :thumbdown: