Whitner "vows to file a lawsuit" over arrest/tasering.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/04/11/...-over-tasering/

We'll see how it all shakes out. Who knows how it all went down. Maybe Whitner was misbehaving, maybe the cops were a little over-zealous. But this leads me to believe he may have been wronged by the police in terms of them being perhaps a little too authoritative, for lack of a better word.

I'm just speculating, but I think this was a one-time screw up that'll blow over quickly.

That's funny. Donte's pissed the police used their tasers to calm down a professional football player in the prime of his athletic career complely out of control. What did he expect them do to, line up in 3 point stance and wait for the snap count?? Whitner's lucky they are using tasers today instead of their night sticks. Or their guns, for that matter.

What in God's name is Donte Whitner doing running out of a bar at 3:00 AM all pissed off ready to get into a riotous fight in the first place?? <_<:wacko::wacko:

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/04/11/...-over-tasering/

We'll see how it all shakes out. Who knows how it all went down. Maybe Whitner was misbehaving, maybe the cops were a little over-zealous. But this leads me to believe he may have been wronged by the police in terms of them being perhaps a little too authoritative, for lack of a better word.

I'm just speculating, but I think this was a one-time screw up that'll blow over quickly.

Over-zealous cops?! No, say it ain't so.

Donte,

Instead of filing a lawsuit against the cops, how about you shut your mouth for a change and raise your level of play on Sundays?

Sincerely (and I know you're reading this),

Dawgg

Has anyone else heard about any other arrests in this "riot"? It would odd to have a "riot" as described by one report but no other arrests especially since the "riot" was the direction he was going towards and stopped.

P.S. I doubt he'll read this thread or even this board. More likely he reads his college football board.

This lawsuit is most likely an attempt to deter the Police Department from filing charges.

Yeah, there you go---the threat of a lawsuit will make them drop the criminal charges.

Why didn't ML's lawyer think of that, instead of copping a plea?

This could open up a whole new world for defense lawyers--they will become civil litigators, or vice-versa! Overworked and underpaid Public Defender?? Not anymore! Now Celino and Barnes will be taking your case, Mr. Destitute--on a contingency fee!

Has anyone else heard about any other arrests in this "riot"? It would odd to have a "riot" as described by one report but no other arrests especially since the "riot" was the direction he was going towards and stopped.

P.S. I doubt he'll read this thread or even this board. More likely he reads his college football board.

I bet there were thousands of people arrested on the weekend that we didn't here about.

My inside sources tell me he wasn't running towards a fight, but rather he saw a picture of Sammy Morris at the bar and ran out as quick as he could.

Shoulder concussions are a b*tch!

:thumbsup:

We have to assume that Dante is completely innocent, the tazering a form of wrongful battery, and the charges against him false until proven otherwise. I think it's safe to say that we will all be forgetting about this very quickly and looking ahead to what he does for the Bills on the football field.

BTW, would anyone be so concerned if he were a fry cook instead of a professional athlete? Don't think so.

We have to assume that Dante is completely innocent, the tazering a form of wrongful battery, and the charges against him false until proven otherwise. I think it's safe to say that we will all be forgetting about this very quickly and looking ahead to what he does for the Bills on the football field.

BTW, would anyone be so concerned if he were a fry cook instead of a professional athlete? Don't think so.

Do we get frontal lobotomies with that? Just wondering. :devil: