Anyone have a "granite" sink?

Fezmid

Already told my mother that when she dies, the first thing we do to her house is rip out the kitchen counter. She's 83 and agrees. It's orange formica with z-brick as a backsplash. Put in about 1973-1974.

How true..

And my wife wants to put hardwood floors in too... Actually, she wanted laminate. From what I've read, I think I'd prefer an engineered hardwood. She also wants a new dining room table. She's trying to end the recession... :flirt: I've never been in a house with hardwood, so I'm not sure how it's going to sound/look/feel. Our neighbor just put it in a couple of years ago, so I should go visit their place and see.

Not sure if you are thinking about hardwoods in the kitchen but be careful as i put engineered HW down in the living room. Ice maker in the bar area (adjacent to LR) developed a small leak. The HW did not handle the water well at all. I had to peel a large section of it back up and reinstall it.

Not sure if you are thinking about hardwoods in the kitchen but be careful as i put engineered HW down in the living room. Ice maker in the bar area (adjacent to LR) developed a small leak. The HW did not handle the water well at all. I had to peel a large section of it back up and reinstall it.

Yeah, I've read about that issue so am going to try convincing my wife to leave the vinyl in the kitchen or, if she insists on an upgrade, to put some sort of tile down. Wish me luck :flirt:

Yeah, I've read about that issue so am going to try convincing my wife to leave the vinyl in the kitchen or, if she insists on an upgrade, to put some sort of tile down. Wish me luck :flirt:

BTW - if you do go the HW route lumber liquidators did me right.

Why would anyone put HW/Lam in a kitchen... That is what tile is for.

A little late for this now...but...

My sister got a white granite sink (freakin' beautiful) a few years ago. Was never told not to pour boiling water into it. She does it all the time, no issue so far. It still looks brand new.

Not suggesting it isn't, or won't be, and issue. Just saying, it hasn't been so far.

A little late for this now...but...

My sister got a white granite sink (freakin' beautiful) a few years ago. Was never told not to pour boiling water into it. She does it all the time, no issue so far. It still looks brand new.

Not suggesting it isn't, or won't be, and issue. Just saying, it hasn't been so far.

Not late -- we're still in the discovery phase. :devil:

Can you ask your sister what brand it was?

Everything I've read says that the black sinks leave residue so that it's hard to keep clean. Might look at a white or offwhite instead.

Not late -- we're still in the discovery phase. :devil:

Can you ask your sister what brand it was?

Everything I've read says that the black sinks leave residue so that it's hard to keep clean. Might look at a white or offwhite instead.

I'll ask her tomorrow