Whitner arrested in Cleveland

Beerball

We will assume for purposes of Whitner, that he was arrested under city code ordinances, and not state law.

Under CCO (Cleveland Codified Ordinances) section 605.03, aggravated disorderly conduct is a misdemeanor of the first degree, punishable by up to 180 days in the Cleveland House of Corrections (what we call the Warrensville Workhouse), and a fine of up to $1,000.00.

Resisting arrest, under CCO section 615.08, is usually a second degree misdemeanor (punishable by up to 90 days in the Workhouse and a fine of up to $750.00), but if physical harm is caused to a police officer, it is a first degree misdemeanor, with penalties as listed above.

Donte's in some trouble here, but he's not charged with any felonies...that we know of.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We will assume for purposes of Whitner, that he was arrested under city code ordinances, and not state law.

Under CCO (Cleveland Codified Ordinances) section 605.03, aggravated disorderly conduct is a misdemeanor of the first degree, punishable by up to 180 days in the Cleveland House of Corrections (what we call the Warrensville Workhouse), and a fine of up to $1,000.00.

Resisting arrest, under CCO section 615.08, is usually a second degree misdemeanor (punishable by up to 90 days in the Workhouse and a fine of up to $750.00), but if physical harm is caused to a police officer, it is a first degree misdemeanor, with penalties as listed above.

Donte's in some trouble here, but he's not charged with any felonies...that we know of.

Thanks a lot for the info :thumbdown:

really thats interesting...I head that that club is racist and they turn blacks away...just rumor on the street and local colleges/universities

I can't say for 100% it's not but they definitely discriminate against certain type of dress. And in my dealings with the place (and I really don't like it that much), they are fairly constant in turning away white and black people not properly dressed.

Posts like these are why I pay teh big bucks to this website. good stuff. :thumbdown:

I can't say for 100% it's not but they definitely discriminate against certain type of dress. And in my dealings with the place (and I really don't like it that much), they are fairly constant in turning away white and black people not properly dressed.

O ok thanks for clearing that up...I've never been...friends and I had discussed going but my skin color is darker..even tho I am white so the girls were afraid that we'd get there and everyone would get in except me so we usually go to Tilt instead...but yea most people I talk to say they don't really care for that place lol

What is going on? Why is everyone so quick to crucify Whitner? Just maybe there was an overzealous cop in Cleveland, just maybe he had a bone to pick with a pro athlete and decided he could take it out on a young black man named Whitner. Have you already forgotten about Moats in Houston? What did he do? NOTHING!

Well, this is the second incident for Whitner. His baby momma called the police on him some time in his rookie season. Do ya think alcohol might have a little to do with it?

I'll definitely reserve judgement until I hear the details. A disorderly conduct citation is 100% the cops discretion, I've seen people get those for doing literally nothing wrong. A cop wanting to get his name in the paper for giving one to an NFL player definitley wouldn't surprise me. Maybe donte was out of line and did deserve the charge, but I'm not not going to assume that he has done anything illegal until more facts come out.

Well, this is the second incident for Whitner. His baby momma called the police on him some time in his rookie season. Do ya think alcohol might have a little to do with it?

Maybe..what are you going to do about it though...he's 21+ i don't see how you can forbid him to drink...lots of people can't handle their alcohol..lots of people get into trouble because of it...RIP Nick Adenhardt is dead because of it...Donte didn't kill anyone...but those people aren't NFL players...what do you do Bill?

99.9% however are good men and women who are trying to earn a paycheck to support there family, they just want to go home to their significant other and kids at the end of the night.

99.9%?

that's total pollyanna bull sh--. police work is thankless, low paying, and not very selective. you don't get graduates from top schools becoming cops. you don't get the best and brightest doing it. it doesn't pay much. it is shtty shtty work. as a cop you have to enforce plenty of stupid laws that exist as a cash grab (traffic tickets, parking crap) and victimless crimes (drugs, alcohol, prostitution).

do you really think that 99.9% of people who have that job are just saints? that's the only people who would do it without wanting to go on power trips, be crooked, or are action junkies. further more do you think that after a few years rolling in the much of the underclass of society a cop won't get jaded and angry?

sure there are good cops, but cops are selected from an above average or elite cut of society, and they don't exactly associate with the best and the brightest, so why do so many people assume that cops are better than average?

I'll definitely reserve judgement until I hear the details. A disorderly conduct citation is 100% the cops discretion, I've seen people get those for doing literally nothing wrong. A cop wanting to get his name in the paper for giving one to an NFL player definitley wouldn't surprise me. Maybe donte was out of line and did deserve the charge, but I'm not not going to assume that he has done anything illegal until more facts come out.

It's all well and good to reserve judgement. But these guys get paid a butt load of money not to put themselves in situations where they even have to be arrested.

There have been some problems down there in the past (House of Blues area/East 4th and Euclid, which is about a five minute walk from Quicken Loans Arena) late at night. I knew a guy who got cited for DC outside the Cadillac Ranch, which is across the street from the House of Blues.

Since the clubs in the Flats are gone there's two areas where all the nightlife takes place downtown. One is the area around the House of Blues and the other is the Warehouse District. I have felt less safe in the Warehouse District than around HOB, which is also a local concert venue and is where LeBron James had his blowout 21st birthday party.

The HOB area seems to be a more affulent and slightly older crowd than the Warehouse District. But I'm almost 40, and the place I usually go to down there seems to be Starbucks. :thumbdown:

99.9%?

that's total pollyanna bull sh--. police work is thankless, low paying, and not very selective. you don't get graduates from top schools becoming cops. you don't get the best and brightest doing it. it doesn't pay much. it is shtty shtty work. as a cop you have to enforce plenty of stupid laws that exist as a cash grab (traffic tickets, parking crap) and victimless crimes (drugs, alcohol, prostitution).

do you really think that 99.9% of people who have that job are just saints? that's the only people who would do it without wanting to go on power trips, be crooked, or are action junkies. further more do you think that after a few years rolling in the much of the underclass of society a cop won't get jaded and angry?

sure there are good cops, but cops are selected from an above average or elite cut of society, and they don't exactly associate with the best and the brightest, so why do so many people assume that cops are better than average?

I don't think anyone believes all cops are saints...h/e no matter how corrupt they are they still have the power so if you want to avoid jail at the end of the day you let bygones be bygones and yes sir...no sir your way out of anything serious. I really don't see where you get your "many" statement tho..only pone person said 99.9% are just trying to go home with an honest day's pay and that is not "many" like you want to believe

Cops don't want to get their name in the paper, especially if it's a bad charge. Cops lose their job when they screw up. NFL players on the otherhand get at least 20 second chances. You can beat women, run over people while intoxicated, sell drugs, sexually assault, steal, brawl with police, kill dogs, solicite sex, mouth off on tv/radio, and generally break any law you want, without much consequence. As long as you play on Sundays, many fans will make excuses for you. If a cop makes an error he loses his job. Look at the Moats case. The guy certainly acted like a complete douche, and he was forced to step down. Leonard Little freaking killed a person and still makes millions. A police officer was once given the benefit of the doubt and respected. Now we give the benefit of the doubt to repeat offenders and football players. I wouldn't want the job.

Maybe..what are you going to do about it though...he's 21+ i don't see how you can forbid him to drink...lots of people can't handle their alcohol..lots of people get into trouble because of it...RIP Nick Adenhardt is dead because of it...Donte didn't kill anyone...but those people aren't NFL players...what do you do Bill?

I was not blasting the guy. Sorry if that was how it appeared. I was responding to the many posts which automatically assumed that the cop was some sort of racist, or that cops as a rule enjoy "putting black people in their place."

I read somewhere that Whitner was drinking during the day on some sort of blog. I don't knock him for that either in terms of being a human being, but if this keeps up it will effect his performance on the field, and perhaps his life as a whole.

Alcohol is a legal substance. He is and should be allowed to drink and I don't imply otherwise but this is 2 strikes which I would bet are both alcohol related. I would hope that he talks to someone, or at least takes a long look at himself and what might be happening.

Guest dog14787
Cops don't want to get their name in the paper, especially if it's a bad charge. Cops lose their job when they screw up. NFL players on the otherhand get at least 20 second chances. You can beat women, run over people while intoxicated, sell drugs, sexually assault, steal, brawl with police, kill dogs, solicite sex, mouth off on tv/radio, and generally break any law you want, without much consequence. As long as you play on Sundays, many fans will make excuses for you. If a cop makes an error he loses his job. Look at the Moats case. The guy certainly acted like a complete douche, and he was forced to step down. Leonard Little freaking killed a person and still makes millions. A police officer was once given the benefit of the doubt and respected. Now we give the benefit of the doubt to repeat offenders and football players. I wouldn't want the job.

Cops do have a hard job, but I'm not sure I agree with you on NFL players getting off scot-free. Seems to me, NFL players are used as an example and in some cases get very harsh sentences unless you are commenting more on consequence in the public's eye and even then I'm still not sure I agree with you.

For every person saying Michael Vick deserves another chance you have ten that says otherwise.

Believe me, I've been there, done that :thumbdown:

99.9%?

You sound pretty ignorant. Believe it or not having a degree from a "top university" is not a requirement for being a good person. Their are also lots of people in this country who are quite intelligent, who make less than what a cop makes. You act as though, only the best get to go to college. Talk about a warped sense of reality. I bet you think the military is only made up of mongoloids and losers of society. Why do some people associate intelligence and values, with degrees and paychecks? A cops job is to serve and protect. I'm sorry you think drug trafficking and prostitution are stupid. The main reason why being a cop is tough, is because people like you are constantly putting them down. What other low paying professions are made up of losers? What is the salary cutoff, where the average employee is intelligent? How much do I need to make, to know that my average co-worker isn't a scumbag? You know their are more people in this country who do shtty work, than not.