Eugene Parker (Peters' Agent) Track Record

Coach55

If Drew Rosenhaus was Jason Peters Agent, there probably would of been a deal by now.

I blame Parker more than I do Peters. I know at the end of the day it is the decision of Jason Peters, but what people fail to realize is that he recently hired one of the most successful agents in football, and the advice he received from him was to sit out. Obviously bad advice, look what it got him last year, No extra money, and a bad reputation. You really can't expect that a not so bright athlete like Peters is going to go against his successful agent. Just imagine if Peters were to tell him, "No, that is not how we are going to do it!" Well sh*t, now you just handcuffed a strategy that Parker uses in more cases than not. I myself hate the strategy, but he does get his clients paid, and that is the job of the agent.

I would love it if Peters fired Parker and shortly afterwards he signs a lucrative contract with Peters/Rosenhaus. Now that would make my day.

If Drew Rosenhaus was Jason Peters Agent, there probably would of been a deal by now.

I blame Parker more than I do Peters. I know at the end of the day it is the decision of Jason Peters, but what people fail to realize is that he recently hired one of the most successful agents in football, and the advice he received from him was to sit out. Obviously bad advice, look what it got him last year, No extra money, and a bad reputation. You really can't expect that a not so bright athlete like Peters is going to go against his successful agent. Just imagine if Peters were to tell him, "No, that is not how we are going to do it!" Well sh*t, now you just handcuffed a strategy that Parker uses in more cases than not. I myself hate the strategy, but he does get his clients paid, and that is the job of the agent.

I would love it if Peters fired Parker and shortly afterwards he signs a lucrative contract with Peters/Rosenhaus. Now that would make my day.

If I were a betting man, which I am, I would bet that if Drew Rosenhaus was his agent that Rosenhaus would be negotiating with the Bills to make Jason Peters the highest paid LT in football right now. No question about it.

If I were a betting man, which I am, I would bet that if Drew Rosenhaus was his agent that Rosenhaus would be negotiating with the Bills to make Jason Peters the highest paid LT in football right now. No question about it.

Ya, you may be right. But, he might of not advised Peters to hold out, and they may have gotten a deal last year, and at a cheaper price then what he will go for this year.

Rosenhaus was able to work behind the scenes and get Stroud his deal.

Ya, you may be right. But, he might of not advised Peters to hold out, and they may have gotten a deal last year, and at a cheaper price then what he will go for this year.

The Bills could have, too, IF Parker/Peters were willing to accept an offer less than the top LTs in the game were making, which I sincerely doubt. The Bills also said flat out we are not going to give you a new contract in 2008, come into camp and we will work on a new deal (which would start in 2009). That is what led to the original holdout.

Rosenhaus was able to work behind the scenes and get Stroud his deal.

That doesnt really show or prove anything. Parker has worked dozens and dozens if not hundreds of deals behind the scenes and Rosenhaus has threatened and had holdouts.

What people don't seem to take into account is the uniqueness of the Peters situation. You don't see this very often. The guy came out of nowhere and exploded on the scene and in 2-3 years became regarded as the most promising and one of the best players in the league at the second highest paid and most important position. None of this would be happening if Peters stayed at TE and became who he is at LT. The Bills would be paying him what the top 2-3 TEs in the game are making and probably happy to do it because it wouldn't be 10 million a year.

Most of this is because of the position that Jason Peters is PLAYING, not the position that Jason Peters is TAKING. The 10 million a year for one player is the issue. It's a lot of money.

Eugene Parker clearly likes to take the amicable path in negotiating by advising his players to holdout as opposed to showing up for camp:

Hines Ward - 2005

Richard Seymour - 2005

Walter Jones - 2003

Emmitt Smith - 1990, 1993

Derrick Brooks - 2001

Devin Hester - 2008

Cedric Benson - 2005

Laveraneus Coles - 2008

Jason Peters - 2008, 2009

Steven Jackson - 2008

Of his 18 clients listed on Wikipedia, 10 had holdouts. Of the 8 that didn't - 3 were rookies last year.

Thanks for that. The guy is a douchebag of the highest order.

Let's see: some quick research...

Hines Ward held out for two weeks, then reported to camp and signed an extension Sept. 15, richest in Steeler history. Parker wins.

Richard Seymour only skipped some offseason workouts before signing a huge contract. Parker wins.

Walter Jones kept holding out and then playing for his franchise tender. He later signed a big extension, but I'd give this one to the Seahawks.

Emmitt Smith and Brooks are too long ago to find good information.

Hester got STUPID money - up to $10M per season - for being basically a glorified Roscoe Parrish. Parker.

Benson got his rookie deal with $17M guaranteed, but these holdouts are almost never worth it for the player or the team. Everybody lost.

Coles just got his money guaranteed after holding out - that's one for the Jets, especialyl since he gave it up anyway. Jets win.

Peters lost round one, we'll see about round 2.

And Jackson got paid.

So let's see: four clean wins, one draw, and three losses. That's nothing too special, really.

I don't think you can look at contracts and decide who wins and who loses because you really don't know what kind of contract a player would have gotten without holding out. He might actually lose a little money for a player by the player holding out. JMO

http://www.sportsagentblog.com/2009/02/08/...nfl-mock-draft/

That site is not only a mock draft but it also tells us the players agent. Interesting read. FYI Eugene Parker's Agency is called Maximum Sports. Maybe something the Bills should consider when looking at these prospects.

I read an article years ago about this very thing. One GM said that does factor into FA signings and draft picks. It doesn't carry a lot of weight but if it comes down to two players that are equal in talent and team need then the agent will affect the choice.

what is CAA?

As Deano pointed out CAA was started by Michael Ovitz. In the movie "The Late Shift" which is (supposedly) based on the behind the scenes negotiations for the Tonight Show gig between Letterman and Leno, CAA does some interesting stuff while representing Letterman.

Letterman's contract said that he'd have to sit out a year before joining another network and that he couldn't talk to any networks before then. Ovitz arranges for each network to come in and pitch to Letterman. He can't talk to them but he can listen.

Also Ovitz finds out that Letterman's show had advertising booked past his last show. Ovitz negotiates Letterman staying on to honor that advertising if NBC waives the one year clause. They really did some interesting things for Letterman.

But the deal would already be done. I think Parker is using the you contact me. I'm not gonna contact you approach. JMO