Drew Rosenhaus....

I remember not so long ago when Drew was the most hated agent around...

now to be completley honest i am hearing more and more about the bills working with Drew, signing some of his players and re-negotiating deals.

Does Drew know how to negotiate with the Bills? do they have some type of mutual understanding? He used to be so contraversial, but since mcgayhee left town i haven't heard much of anything negative about him...

anyone else have some info?

I remember not so long ago when Drew was the most hated agent around...

now to be completley honest i am hearing more and more about the bills working with Drew, signing some of his players and re-negotiating deals.

Does Drew know how to negotiate with the Bills? do they have some type of mutual understanding? He used to be so contraversial, but since mcgayhee left town i haven't heard much of anything negative about him...

anyone else have some info?

Of course he's behaving. He's playing the Bills like a fiddle. Always has.

IMO Leigh Steinberg has always been a top flight agent, who gets top $$ for his top clients, and rarely has to resort to a threat of a holdout.

Rosenhaus is cut from that same cloth, but does threaten holdouts, on occasion.

AFAIK, neither agent has had many clients hold out, for any length of time. It is counter productive, most of the time.

Rosenhaus is controversial, because he is successful, gets huge contracts for his clients, and he is very aggressive. So, some of the brain-dead fans, who believe agents are bad, and players shouldn't be paid big money, take that out on a guy like Drew, who for an agent, isn't that bad. As has been mentioned already today, on the Wall, he is organized, knows how to negotiate, and really does seem to work for the best interest of this client. Teams like to work with agents like Steinberg and Rosenhaus, even though they are tough negotiators.

Now, some agents, like Scott Boras, for example, have pissed off teams enough so they avoid his clients. That's when you have to wonder about the effectiveness of an agent. If there are teams who won't consider you, based on your representation, is this person getting you the best deal?

I have a feeling Parker is one of the agents who GMs don't trust, and that makes it very difficult to get deals done. But, he is a big agent, and has managed to bang out deals for many athletes.

I think also to some degree there's been an evolution in the way Rosenhaus does business. I think he's realized that contrariness, confrontation, and acrimony does not make for a long career. Without citing specific instances it appears to me that he changed his marketing approach. He was an upstart at one time and had to make a name for himself. Now that he's established I think he's tending more towards gaining the respect of teams who he needs cooperation from in order to succeed.

As for Deano's comment on Leigh Steinberg, he's an agent who, for whatever reason, has seen his star fall very far. His client base and his influence has waned greatly in recent years. I don't know why but he used to represent so many of the top QBs. That's no longer the case.

The Bills and Rosenhaus have never had any issues, IIRC. I think the Bills FO have had glowing things to say about him in the past, believe it or not. In fact, I'm guessing that's why Rosenhaus was so great about pushing TO our way.

Does anyone know which agents represent the top draft prospects ? I think we can cross off any Eugene Parker clients from the Bills potential 1st round choices.

IMO Leigh Steinberg has always been a top flight agent, who gets top $$ for his top clients, and rarely has to resort to a threat of a holdout.

Rosenhaus is cut from that same cloth, but does threaten holdouts, on occasion.

AFAIK, neither agent has had many clients hold out, for any length of time. It is counter productive, most of the time.

Rosenhaus is controversial, because he is successful, gets huge contracts for his clients, and he is very aggressive. So, some of the brain-dead fans, who believe agents are bad, and players shouldn't be paid big money, take that out on a guy like Drew, who for an agent, isn't that bad. As has been mentioned already today, on the Wall, he is organized, knows how to negotiate, and really does seem to work for the best interest of this client. Teams like to work with agents like Steinberg and Rosenhaus, even though they are tough negotiators.

Now, some agents, like Scott Boras, for example, have pissed off teams enough so they avoid his clients. That's when you have to wonder about the effectiveness of an agent. If there are teams who won't consider you, based on your representation, is this person getting you the best deal?

I have a feeling Parker is one of the agents who GMs don't trust, and that makes it very difficult to get deals done. But, he is a big agent, and has managed to bang out deals for many athletes.

Now wait just a second, Dean. So those us who find Rosenhaus a slimy, despicable human being are now "brain dead"???