Why be coy if we want to trade Peters??

SKOOBY

I say if we want him to go, let's start a bidding war and work it up to a few 1st rounders like they did with Cutler. Peters is young, has upside and has played at a high / probowl level. What better time to trade him than now??

We're not being coy, they Bills want to keep him.

And was this Peters thread really necessary?

Has any thread started by Skooby ever been necessary?

I say if we want him to go, let's start a bidding war and work it up to a few 1st rounders like they did with Cutler. Peters is young, has upside and has played at a high / probowl level. What better time to trade him than now??

If there were an offer on the table now, that included two first rounders, we'd take it. No doubt. Since we haven't moved him, it just shows that teams are interested, but not yet willing to dole out that much for him. I'm thinking the Bills are waiting for draft day, to see how the picks unwind. There might be a team in need, that finds itself out of luck, and then willing to over pay for a guy who is undoubtedly able to dominate at his position. He just doesn't want to do it for the Bills.

I would leave it at that, but I'd like to add - no matter what his potential, I don't like a guy who doesn't give it his all, on the field, in practice, for his team, and for his fans. That kind of unreliability is too much of a toxin for my team to keep, especially at his salary demands. Give me a tough, consistent, hard working athlete who will show up every day, every play.

If there were an offer on the table now, that included two first rounders, we'd take it. No doubt. Since we haven't moved him, it just shows that teams are interested, but not yet willing to dole out that much for him.

Actually, I think what it shows is, the Bills haven't started dealing him, yet. There is still plenty of time, and they would prefer to sign him. There have been plenty of rumors about possible scenarios, but have there been any credible rumors about actual offers? I think if the Bills were shopping Peters, we'd have heard something.

Actually, I think what it shows is, the Bills haven't started dealing him, yet. There is still plenty of time, and they would prefer to sign him. There have been plenty of rumors about possible scenarios, but have there been any credible rumors about actual offers? I think if the Bills were shopping Peters, we'd have heard something.

exactly

The Bills FO knows that this is an important year, and that Peters gives us the best chance at having good LT play. My guess is we'll hammer out a deal if the Bills FO really wants to get it done.

The only "we" that wants to trade Peters is a few people on this board.

And we will draft one with the picks we get for Peters.

Connor, please try to keep up.

Right, we'll certainly try. I remember the last time we tried to get a player like Peters with an early draft pick. His name was Mike Williams, wasn't it? Connor is keeping up fine, it's you and the folks who think that just because you draft a guy early he will become a Jason Peters who need to catch up with reality.

Even if the new guy does become a Peters - and again it's far from a sure thing - it won't be for a couple of years or so.

If he stays show him the numbers from last season...tell him he's under contract...earn that money...and stop being a fat slob and perform...thats how you make money in this game!

However, if you can get something awesome in return for him...TRADE HIM...

2008 for Peters was simple...you perform at a high caliber level for a LT....He would get his wish of $...

That's why he came back to play in 2008...

He sucked...

11.5 sacks...

31st overall LT in the NFL...

11.5 sacks in '08 does'nt garner a new contract of 11-12 million per season...2008 Pro Bowl selection was a spoof...people voted for him because of popularity...

All the top rookie LT's last year gave up less sacks...

If you can get multiple picks for an underachiever then so be it...However CONVINCE him to excell like the F.O. did last season and work for his NEW contract...Then end of story!