Bills inquired about Jason Taylor

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins_in...sionally-m.html

This is probably the due diligence everyone said we should be doing with Jay Cutler. I'm not even sure how he fits with our team. Unlike Terrell Owens, he's not a one-year bridge to a player waiting in the wings. Maybe the thought is that it would free up our first-round pick and allow us to find that pass rusher in the second round (like Conner Barwin).

Anyway, just thought it was interesting. A little revenge for Thurman Thomas.

This is probably the due diligence everyone said we should be doing with Jay Cutler. I'm not even sure how he fits with our team. Unlike Terrell Owens, he's not a one-year bridge to a player waiting in the wings. Maybe the thought is that it would free up our first-round pick and allow us to find that pass rusher in the second round (like Conner Barwin).

He will sign with someone after the draft, so i don't think we will get him.

The interest by the Bills is probably meaningless seeing how we would be his fourth choice of landing spots just in our division alone.....but I think it might give some insight into the FO's thinking about the draft. I think we might be one step closer to Aaron Maybin. Taylor and Maybin are built almost exactly the same and Maybin projects to have the same type of impact.

I think Maybin might be the pick.

And yet he's still a better pass rusher than anyone on the roster expect Schobel.

Thats because of the scheme, no one crashes inside, they get ridden outside and end up making a natural pocket for the QB

And yet he's still a better pass rusher than anyone on the roster except Schobel.

Fixed. Career: Taylor 120.5 sacks in 12 years, Schobel 68 in nine. Both are coming off significant injuries, and Taylor is a couple of years older. But comparing both players in their primes, I'll take Taylor. And contrary to a lot of people here, I like Schobel.

Taylor could work as a situational pass rusher for a year until a younger player is ready. I would rather him be in Buffalo than NE.

Speaking of DE's in the draft why are so many people excited about drafting Connor Barwin or Maybin? One is undersized and really does not fit the 4-3 and the other has played DE for 2 years and has upside. Let me guess he is a high character player that can be a situational pass rusher. That is BS the Bills are not good enough to need a situational pass rusher, they need better starters at DE to win in our division. Some people won't like this but I would rather have Michael Johnson than Barwin.

Even considering JT was injured last year, he wasn't anything remotely like the player he was in My Yami's defense. Whether he didn't fit in to Washington's defensive scheme or not, I can't say. But I don't think he's worth it at this stage of his career. He'd be another one-season gamble and NOT worth his asking price, IMO. Let him go back to My Yami for one season, retire and call it a career. He's a stand up guy and deserves to go out with class.

The interest by the Bills is probably meaningless seeing how we would be his fourth choice of landing spots just in our division alone.....but I think it might give some insight into the FO's thinking about the draft. I think we might be one step closer to Aaron Maybin. Taylor and Maybin are built almost exactly the same and Maybin projects to have the same type of impact.

I think Maybin might be the pick.

just say no to maybin.

Fixed. Career: Taylor 120.5 sacks in 12 years, Schobel 68 in nine. Both are coming off significant injuries, and Taylor is a couple of years older. But comparing both players in their primes, I'll take Taylor. And contrary to a lot of people here, I like Schobel.

Couple of nitpicks - Schobel is an eight-year vet, not a nine year, and he is three years to the day younger than Taylor.

Guest dog14787
Couple of nitpicks - Schobel is an eight-year vet, not a nine year, and he is three years to the day younger than Taylor.

Regardless of age, between 2005 and 2007 Jason Taylor had the best three year span in his career beating the younger Schobel in almost every category.

You guys are all nuts. Taylor had a freak calf injury that could have killed him, then he had to learn a new defensive scheme while battling the injury. There is no contest between Taylor and Schobel at any point in their respective careers; Schobel is a solid pass rushing DE, Taylor is a versatile, nightmare DE/OLB who could find himself in Canton when all is said and done if he has a few more solid years. I'll take Taylor five years ago, last year, next year, and the year after. Mark my words, if Belichick gets him, and he's asked to rush the passer (rather than drop into coverage) he will put up double-digit sacks.

I would take Taylor in a heartbeat and let him start opposite Schobel. No "situational pass rusher" - he would be the starter. But Fingon is right, he won't be coming to Buffalo. He'll sign with a team in Florida (Tampa or Miami come to mind; maybe Jax but I doubt it) or go to NE.

You are correct; I read "9th season" on his bio and didn't do the math, because they have Taylor listed as "12th season" even though they show 12 seasons worth of stats.

The reporter regrets the error.