A few thoughts...

gmac17

1) Love him or hate him, Karl Rove is a f'ing genius. Two straight elections they shouldn't have won, but they did.

2) I wish I was more excited about Bush winning tonight. I REALLY hope he changes the way he's been doing some things, especially spending so much f'ing money. Ashcroft will go and maybe that will make people think the boogeyman is gone.

3) If an FBI agent or two had been listened to 3 years ago the world would be a much different place today in many, many ways.

4) In another year, there will still be car bombs in Iraq, but I think (and pray) things will be much better. It will take a few years before we know if this was a complete disaster or a wise move.

5) My wife is horrified tonight, and is convinced that roe v. wade is good as done.

6) Hillary as the Dem nominee in 2008 looks like a sure thing 4 years out.

7) The guys who created the electoral college were absolutely brilliant. 225 years later their wisdom amazes me.

ask your wife what she thinks will happen if Roe v Wade is overturned.... Don't give her the answer (assuming you know it).

I hear you, the day it is overturned nothing will be different. Maybe a state or five would outlaw abortion, but more than likely it would just be restrictions on parental notification, partial birth etc.

6) Hillary as the Dem nominee in 2008 looks like a sure thing 4 years out. 

98552[/snapback]

I seriously doubt it. If Bush wins this election, and it is looking like he will, it is clear that Amercia is turning more to the evangelical right all the time. Soon, as we keep voting on emotional issues, rather than intellect, we will be a little closer to the zelaous fanaticism that rules the middle east. Hillary Clinton will not be the Democratic candidate. The Democrates will try to give us an even less distinctive candidate than John Kerry.

Is that even possible?

98581[/snapback]

Oh yeah, it is possible. Our "choices" will be even more miserable than this year....president Bush may be one of the most underwhelming, least impressive public figures elected to office. And, he has been elected twice! Senator Kerry dumbed himself down, and ejected whatever convictions he ever had to win the White House, and came off as a panderer. The DNC will find someone who never had conviction (say a young GW), and create the perfect candidate. They will try to use the Rove blueprint. Hillary Clinton will not be the candidate. She is too controversial, America has spoken.....