NYS Government: We Deserve Those We Elect

Why, Oh why, do we NYer's continue to elect our current state legislators?

Our state has the dubious honor of having the most dysfunctional government in the US. The 2009 - 2010 State Budget was developed in secret by three men, and many New Yorkers are outraged...but not enough to determine which legislators are incumbents prior to the next election, then vote for their challengers.

One mo' time: If you always do what you always did; you'll always get what you always got.

You can't blame me. I voted with my feet. Also for a Bills forum,where presumably most of the posters lived in WNY at one time,notice how many live in WV,FLA,SC etc.

Born and raised in a suburb of Buffalo (Kenmore/Tonawanda). My husband was born and raised in East Lovejoy area. Had a tavern or two in Kenmore. Moved to Florida to get away from the snow. We moved at the time that Cuomo was coming out and Pataki was coming in. Politics had nothing to with the move. Just got real tired of running a tavern. Of course with all the new laws, I'm glad we got when we did.

Paterson is trying to get the Indians to tax non-Indians at their stores (especially for cigarettes and gas). I remember when Cuomo tried that. The Indians put tires on the interstate (thruway), set them on fire and there was nothing anybody could do becase the thruway ran across part of the indian reservations. Leave them alone. Not everybody drives to these Indian stores for the better price.

Our state has the dubious honor of having the most dysfunctional government in the US. The 2009 - 2010 State Budget was developed in secret by three men, and many New Yorkers are outraged...but not enough to determine which legislators are incumbents prior to the next election, then vote for their challengers.

One mo' time: If you always do what you always did; you'll always get what you always got.

California has NY beat by a mile.

Born and raised in a suburb of Buffalo (Kenmore/Downwind). My husband was born and raised in East Lovejoy area. Had a tavern or two in Kenmore. Moved to Florida to get away from the snow. We moved at the time that Com was coming out and Partake was coming in. Politics had nothing to with the move. Just got real tired of running a tavern. Of course with all the new laws, I'm glad we got when we did.

Paterson is trying to get the Indians to tax non-Indians at their stores (especially for cigarettes and gas). I remember when Com tried that. The Indians put tires on the interstate (thruway), set them on fire and there was nothing anybody could do because the thruway ran across part of the Indian reservations. Leave them alone. Not everybody drives to these Indian stores for the better price.

I recall the thruway incident. Better to tax them,put them out of business, and on the welfare rolls. Classic NY.

California has NY beat by a mile.

True, but then again CALI makes NYers look like suave folks.... Mostly they are just slobs... no wonder so many enviro laws emminate from out there.... and you think Elizabeth City is bad.... You can't go in the ocean out there for a least three days after it rains because of all the crap that runs off into the ocean.

Paterson is trying to get the Indians to tax non-Indians at their stores (especially for cigarettes and gas). I remember when Cuomo tried that. The Indians put tires on the interstate (thruway), set them on fire and there was nothing anybody could do becase the thruway ran across part of the indian reservations. Leave them alone. Not everybody drives to these Indian stores for the better price.

:thumbsup: Never mind pissing off the Indians, how on earth is that supposed to even work? Even if the reservations accepted that in principle...how the !@#$ do you know? They'd have an easier time taxing Canadians at the border.

Oh I dunno. I just heard from my friend that in lieu of a refund for overpayment in CA she got an "IOU" from the state. That's kinda weird.

You have to do that when you're broke. Of course, as a citizen if you did the same thing they'd start seizing your assets. I think those who have an IOU from the state, you ought to head down to the nearest State Building and start looting until you have enough stuff to sell on EBay to cover their debt. Fair is fair.

Oh I dunno. I just heard from my friend that in lieu of a refund for overpayment in CA she got an "IOU" from the state. That's kinda weird.

Next step is people going to those "cash now" stores to cash in their IOUs at 80 cents on the dollar or something, thus establishing a face value for the IOUs...and suddenly, California's discovered they can basically print their own currency backed by income tax refunds and the dollar.

Any other state, I'd be completely kidding. But California is just screwed up enough...

Next step is people going to those "cash now" stores to cash in their IOUs at 80 cents on the dollar or something, thus establishing a face value for the IOUs...and suddenly, California's discovered they can basically print their own currency backed by income tax refunds and the dollar.

Any other state, I'd be completely kidding. But California is just screwed up enough...

Not viable like DC, of course. <_<

Why, Oh why, do we NYer's continue to elect our current state legislators?

Is this a football board? <_<

Dude, that may be the most brilliant thing you've ever posted. Seriously.

How different is this from CA issuing a zero coupon bond?