Both games we played against NE last year were close...

SKOOBY

It is not complicated. The Bills lose because they have much less talent, and they have no coaching. That is not going to change this year. I love all of the "we're always close" talk. It's the NFL, games are usually pretty close. Bad teams lose close games. The Bills are bad.

Half full glass guy here. In the last game of the season, we outgained NE and rushed for 161 yards with no Lynch, Peters, and 2 guys on the o-line that were considered biggest weaknesses. The guy who steals homeless peoples clothes that coaches NE is the master at taking away teams strengths. For the Bills, that's Lee Evans. As a #2 receiver, Reed can't threaten a defense enough. However with TO, it will better much harder to contain our receivers and will also open up the run game. We're not that far away.

That said, I just give us 2 losses to NE and just save myself the trouble. :censored:

Lies, damn lies, and statistics ...

Yes, the Bills outgained the Pats in last year's season finale. They also failed to get inside the 20 until the final minute of the first half, blew a chance to score in the two-minute drill through sheer incompetence in clock management, gained a total of 13 yards with the wind in the third quarter, and never got past the NE 34-yard line in the entire second half.

Think about that level of ineptitude for a second. Sixty minutes of gametime, THREE PLAYS inside the New England 20:

1-10-NE 17 (:35) F.Jackson up the middle to NE 15 for 2 yards (J.Mayo).

Timeout #3 by BUF at 00:28.

2-8-NE 15 (:28) T.Edwards pass short right to D.Schouman pushed ob at NE 12 for 3 yards (J.Sanders). Caught in

flat at NE 13.

3-5-NE 12 (:22) F.Jackson up the middle to NE 9 for 3 yards (T.Warren).

End of half - 2:12 pm

Yes, the Bills outgained the Pats in last year's season finale. They also failed to get inside the 20 until the final minute of the first half, blew a chance to score in the two-minute drill through sheer incompetence in clock management, gained a total of 13 yards with the wind in the third quarter, and never got past the NE 34-yard line in the entire second half.

Think about that level of ineptitude for a second. Sixty minutes of gametime, THREE PLAYS inside the New England 20:

I had almost forgotten that horrendous bit of football. Thanks for reminding me why I finally gave up completely on this coaching staff. How we didn't even get a FG try off in that scenario is simply amazing.

What do the good teams like the Pats do to the bad and mediocre (Bills) and decent teams they play, virtually every time?

They don't outscore them by huge margins every time. They don't always prevent them from scoring. They don't always score huge amounts of points. They don't always get more turnovers or win the field position battle, or the STs game or the possession time stat.

What do they do? They win. They beat the worse team. The Bills will need to make huge improvements and the Pats will have to come back to the pack for the Bills to win even one. The Pats have whipped the Bills every single game, for one main reason. Because they're a better team.

And that's what will stop the Bills from beating them this year. The Pats are still a better team that knows how to win.

Yes, that game totally demoralized me. The Bills actually played their hearts out for most of the game, but Dick totally ruined any chance we had at a upset with his horrendous decisions and non-decisions! Belicheat must laugh at how easy it is to out-coach Dickie boy. Ever since their very first meeting in foxborough where the Bills almost won (2006 opener), and Jauron made the call to go for the kill when they were leading in the 2nd half (which I loved the call), but it backfired. McGahee got stuffed, the Pats came back to win, and Jauron has coached like a P*ssy against the Pats ever since....

It's just sad....

Yes, that game totally demoralized me. The Bills actually played their hearts out for most of the game, but Dick totally ruined any chance we had at a upset with his horrendous decisions and non-decisions! Belicheat must laugh at how easy it is to out-coach Dickie boy. Ever since their very first meeting in foxborough where the Bills almost won (2006 opener), and Jauron made the call to go for the kill when they were leading in the 2nd half (which I loved the call), but it backfired. McGahee got stuffed, the Pats came back to win, and Jauron has coached like a P*ssy against the Pats ever since....

It's just sad....

McGahee didn't know it was 4th down :lol:

I believe we lost last year because our offense could not score any points...What has that got to do with Brady....Turk and Edwards need to figure out how to figure out the complex New England Defense. The best shot is to let the OL play man-to-man and open holes for Lynch and shorten the game. In that last game, Fred Jackson had a fantastic game...however, our line just could not punch it in.

And if Buffalo's offense did score points. don't you think that NE's offense would have answered with even more points? NE scored 20 points or more in 9 of 16 games.....with Cassel. Even without Brady, NE beat Buffalo by a combined 23 points; a combined margin of 3 TD's-plus in just 2 games. It would have helped if Buffalo's offense could have scored more than 10 points in 2 games, granted. But I think you're sticking your head in the sand if you think that NE wouldn't have just come back with even more points.

Hopefully, Buffalo's offense will be more productive this year.

Half full glass guy here. In the last game of the season, we outgained NE and rushed for 161 yards with no Lynch, Peters, and 2 guys on the o-line that were considered biggest weaknesses. The guy who steals homeless peoples clothes that coaches NE is the master at taking away teams strengths. For the Bills, that's Lee Evans. As a #2 receiver, Reed can't threaten a defense enough. However with TO, it will better much harder to contain our receivers and will also open up the run game. We're not that far away.

That said, I just give us 2 losses to NE and just save myself the trouble. :lol:

That particular disaster at the end of the season rests squarely on the shoulders of Dickie the J and Schonert. Absolutely putrid coaching and play calling. Most other teams in the league would have won that game. The good news is that Buffalo has another playmaker on offense. The bad news is that Dickie the J is still driving the bus.

And if Buffalo's offense did score points. don't you think that NE's offense would have answered with even more points? NE scored 20 points or more in 9 of 16 games.....with Cassel. Even without Brady, NE beat Buffalo by a combined 23 points; a combined margin of 3 TD's-plus in just 2 games. It would have helped if Buffalo's offense could have scored more than 10 points in 2 games, granted. But I think you're sticking your head in the sand if you think that NE wouldn't have just come back with even more points.

Hopefully, Buffalo's offense will be more productive this year.

Now you are speculating....The 13 points were a lot under that horrible weather conditions in week 17. My point was if the Bills score on those efforts by Fred Jackson, then this game would have been even more closer....The blame is on the offense.

We were out of both games against the Pats shortly after the opening kickoff last year. Since the they have made many more quality moves during the offseason than we have, what is going to make it different this year? One player cannot take one of the worst offenses in the NFL and turn it into a scoring machine.

Attitude, yes, you heard me right, attitude. The Bills have to start believing that they can beat them, you are correct,

that one player is not going to make a difference, and the Patsies have either held ground, or have improved slightly,

I don't think that we can just continue to play them the same way we have for the last 10 years, we all started to see

a little chink in their armor over the last copuple of years, and Brady's abscence brought that a little more in to focus.

A little chink here, a little chink there, maybe an embarrasing loss early on, etc,etc..when the Bills start to see that

other teams have come up with a blueprint, ala the NE-Giants SB, and start beliving that they are not some sort of Football

Gods, and that they put they're collective cleats on the same way anybody else does, they have a chance.

I really in my heart of hearts, do not belive that their is that much of a disparity in talent between the two clubs, as well

as coaching, but attitude, we are worlds apart, part of that is the old cliche that winning breeds winning, and that couldn't be any truer. When the Bills were so dominant, specifically within our own division, that is exactly how the other teams started to close that gap, they started to see little rays of hope, maybe Kelly being vulnerable to pressure, Thurman

slowing down a bit, Reed losing a step, our defense not so dominant, what ever it was, other teams in the division starting

beliving that they could beat us, and they started to.We have the perfect opportunity to sieze the moment, do something different, rattle Brady's cage early and often, blanket their recievers, get physical with them, christ we know what we have

been doing for the last 10 years isn't working, if we do not sieze the moment now, I am afraid we can look forward to many more years of domination. Go Bills!

Now you are speculating....The 13 points were a lot under that horrible weather conditions in week 17. My point was if the Bills score on those efforts by Fred Jackson, then this game would have been even more closer....The blame is on the offense.

This is all textual speculation.....shoulda, woulda, coulda. Your assumption that if the Bills scored more points on offense the game would have been closer, is speculation that NE wouldn't have scored more points as well.

Look, we all agree the Bills offense tanked for the majority of the 2nd half of the season last year. There is more than enough blame as well as speculation, to go around.