Forget about the draft order, who the Bills pick and all

There's a smorgasboard of players and it's a great time of the year to see all this bright, young talent but who stands out in your opinion?

I'm impressed with UConn's RB Donald Brown. He reminds me a lot of the Bears' RB Matt Forte.

There's a smorgasboard of players and it's a great time of the year to see all this bright, young talent but who stands out in your opinion?

I'm impressed with UConn's RB Donald Brown. He reminds me a lot of the Bears' RB Matt Forte.

Agreed on Brown. Infact I think he's the best rb in this years draft. As far as the prospect that I like

Clint Sintim LB UVA. The guy is a pass rushing beast. I know the Bills recently brought him in for a pre draft visit and talked to him about making a switch to dend. Personally I think he could play olb in a 4-3. Im really not in favor of June or Keiaho and would prefer drafting a lb. If they do sign June or Keiaho I hope it's no more then a one year deal, with a draft prospect waiting in the wings. Cato June is not the player he was with Indy. Routinely pushed around, and doesnt make many plays, against the run or pass. Keiaho has good speed, and is probably a better version of Ellison, but he's still weak at the point of attack. Sintim has the ability to make the switch to dend, as he's not all that great in coverage. Which not many college lb's are to begin with. As a pass rush specalist, he would help our team.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqqDuYX9gVM

Another guy I like is Larry English. He's getting pub as a guy who will switch to a 3-4 olb. If he does. It'll be in that suggs role where he spends the majority of the snaps in a hands down position. Good size and burst off the snap.

There's probably no elite pass rush prospect in this years draft. There is quality though. You can go with a lb like Marcus Freeman or sintim, fringe de/olb prospects like english, connor barwin, or another one of my personal fav's UCONN'S Cody Brown.

<_< Kid has an excellent attitude, too.

http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?showt...4&hl=benson

Good topic!

A couple of "my guys":

Nathan Brown - QB/Central Arkansas...underrated small school QB that can make all the throws

Donald Brown - RB/UConn...great field vision, outstanding burst through the hole, very patient

Derrius Heyward-Bey - WR/Maryland...Best size/speed combo available, big-time performer, very physical for a WR

Shawn Nelson - TE/Southern Miss...Elite receiving talent, willing/able blocker, very coachable

Eric Wood - C/Louisville...Excellent footwork, great upper-body strength, good positioning and control, versitile

Larry English - DE/Northern Illinois...Ferocious pass rusher, steady production (23 sacks in 2 years), variety of rush moves

Zack Follett - LB/California...Scheme-friendly (can play OLB in 4-3 or 3-4), intense attitude, huge hitter, good tackler

Darius Butler - CB/UConn...Fluid hip turn, solid back-peddle, reads plays well, helps in run game, very intelligent

Just my 1 cent.

Good topic!

A couple of "my guys":

Nathan Brown - QB/Central Arkansas...underrated small school QB that can make all the throws

Donald Brown - RB/UConn...great field vision, outstanding burst through the hole, very patient

Derrius Heyward-Bey - WR/Maryland...Best size/speed combo available, big-time performer, very physical for a WR

Shawn Nelson - TE/Southern Miss...Elite receiving talent, willing/able blocker, very coachable

Eric Wood - C/Louisville...Excellent footwork, great upper-body strength, good positioning and control, versitile

Larry English - DE/Northern Illinois...Ferocious pass rusher, steady production (23 sacks in 2 years), variety of rush moves

Zack Follett - LB/California...Scheme-friendly (can play OLB in 4-3 or 3-4), intense attitude, huge hitter, good tackler

Darius Butler - CB/UConn...Fluid hip turn, solid back-peddle, reads plays well, helps in run game, very intelligent

Just my 1 cent.

All them players more like 8 cents lol

The one guy I'm impressed with and would be thrilled if we drafted is B.J. Raji.

We have absolutely no identity on defense and tag teaming Raji with Stroud would give us one.

Oh, the days of Pat Williams and Ted Washington, while this might be a lesser version, I think it would have a ripple effect and lead to improvements in all aspects of our defense.

I have concerns about each of the outside pass rushers that might be available when we pick and I have no faith that we would :

1. Pick the right one. Because I'm concerned with the bust factor of these guys

2. Would the Bills relegate the guy they choose to fourth defense end and out of loyalty

to their 3 veteran " high motor" ends and barely let the rook they choose see the field.

Mack, Unger, and Robinson.....after the Bills got burned by Derick freakin' Dockery, one or two of those kids would really make up for that mistake, and add strong athletic potential starting depth for the interior of the Bills line. Especially since Preston took off for Green Bay. I still think his best years are ahead of him and that the Bills should have kept him around.

Ricky Jean-Francois out of LSU. Kid is 6'3 281. Was defensive MVP of 2008 National Championship game. Is a guy that could go anywhere from 2-4th.As shown flashes of dominance, especially while playing next to Dorsey.Did have some off field problems academically and was banged up a little at the begining of the year. Other wise would surely be a first day pick. He would look great playing next to Stroud.

LG Herman Johnson out of LSU. 6'7", 345 lb monster. He can be had in the 2nd round.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTUhkbcxiHg

Here is a great interview with him. He is a team guy, well spoken, and a leader. I hope he fills the hole vacated by Dockery.

He was also the biggest baby ever born in the state of Louisiana.

http://www.bolthype.com/2009/03/prospect-h...-san-diego.html

I love Donald Brown as well. Great all around back.

Also:

TE James Casey and Shawn Nelson

DE/LB Larry English

CB Darius Butler

DT Peria Jerry

QB/WR Pat White

Everette Brown, BP in draft.

Antoine Caldwell

Jarron Gilbert

Michale Oher and Andy Levitre. Both of them played OT. Many say Oher projects to Guard. Levitre is already listed as one and from what little I have seen of him, he is just the type that the Bills need.

Dockery, although bloated, was better on passing plays than runs. When he decided to move, he had pretty good footwork. Levitre is more of a Faneca type, a mauler. Put him next to a healthy, motivated Jason Peters and our running game will improve. It will have to be taken seriously, which would help TO and Evans get open, let alone make life twice as easy for a young quarterback.

That said, we do this every year. We visualize big, strong players who could perhaps help transform us into a tough, strong team that plays in the cold. Last season, Dick Levy spurned Branden Albert for another corner. In 06, it was Whitner at all costs. This year, it will probably be either Jenkins or Davis instead of guys who can out-muscle opponents. I will be pretty shocked to see us concentrate on any position other than the secondary in terms of early round picks. Do you guys disagree?

I disagree Bill because of the situation they are in. Because they have a first round corner and (now) Free Safety, a guy like Jenkins is out because he cannot play strong (he's a corner to start and would be a better FS).

We have TO and Hardy, so they cannot pick a WR.

Despite the suspension we have Lynch, so no need for a RB.

We have Edwards, who they love, so we most likely won't pick a QB.

Despite the fact most teams knew he'd run a 4.8 Pettigrew most likely isn't an option and may even be there in round 2.

So, that to me leads to either LB, DE or OT/OG in round one. And the more I think about it the more I think it'll be a guy that can play LB as well as End more than a pure end because a LB/DE will produce more by way of being on the field and productive rather than just "learning on the job".

In terms of Tipster's post - I'm intrigued (Bills player or not) in Maualuga, Sidbury, Freeman, Unger and Fenuki Tupou.