Latest McShay Mock Draft

Unfortunately, with the holes we have on our roster,

we can't afford to have our second and third pick only account for one player.

IMHO both times they traded up recently (for Poz and McCargo) it turned out to be a mistake.

Poz is a league average starter, McCargo is a bust.

What you're saying is that everytime we move up, we get nothing and lose other valuable opportunities. What happens if the move up is to fill a vacancy already and it works well, is that possible??

Moving up to get someone is because you value them, not because you plan to fail. Have some faith.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd take Robinson in the second if he was there.

I want good Lines in this draft. How is this?

Sign Gonzo for 2-3 years

1-Get #21, #28 Philadelphia, switch our Round 3's and 4's, they get #11

1-Peria Jerry DT

1-Robert Ayers DE

2-Robinson OG

3-Jonathan Luigs OC

4-T.J. Lang OG

5-Nic Harris OLB

6-Brannan Southerland FB

7-Dan Gronkowski TE

Sign Gonzo for 2-3 years

1-Peria Jerry DT

1-Robert Ayers DE

2-Robinson OG

3-Jonathan Luigs OC

4-T.J. Lang OG

5-Nic Harris OLB

6-Brannan Southerland FB

7-Dan Gronkowski TE

That would be great, but is our #11 worth two first rounders? It seems the value there wouldn't be right, but you would know better than me. Even with the switch in the third and fourth rounders it seems Philly would be getting fleeced.

Buffalo Bills Everette Brown DE Florida State

Buffalo Bills Max Unger C Oregon

that would be an ideal first two rounds but we all know the Bills simply dont spend high picks on O-lineman

Sign Gonzo for 2-3 years

1-Peria Jerry DT

1-Robert Ayers DE

2-Robinson OG

3-Jonathan Luigs OC

4-T.J. Lang OG

5-Nic Harris OLB

6-Brannan Southerland FB

7-Dan Gronkowski TE

If we were going to concentrate on the lines, I'd like these picks a lot.

IMHO both times they traded up recently (for Poz and McCargo) it turned out to be a mistake.

A league average starter after one year? That would definitely point to an outstanding career. McCargo does look very questionable at this point.

Both picks are reaches. I will be happy if we went with the following 3 as our top 3 picks, although they may not fall to us

1. Rey Maualuga, MLB, USC

2. Peria Jerry, DT, Ole Miss

3. T.J. Lang, OT, Eastern Michigan

I could see all three starting immediately

Everette Brown a reach at #11? No way. He might not fit our system, but in few mock drafts does he even fall far enough for us to have a shot at him. He's certainly not a reach.

Peria Jerry is highly unlikely to fall to us in the third. He seems likely to go as high as the teens.

Yes. I think Brown can put up big numbers and be a better version of Schobel as far as the pass rush, but I think he will be a liability against the run. Unger us an underrated player, but definitely not a first day pick- I wouldn't take him before the 5th round.

That doesn't make these guys reaches. It would make them bad picks. There's a huge difference.

I disagree that either guy would be a bad pick, but it's a legit opinion.

I think it would work out better if Bills could trade down with Detroit, and get their #20 and #33 picks. Bills give them our 1st and a mid round pick. Then, we could get a fantastic player at a much better value. Also, having 1st pick in the 2nd round, we can get Mack or Barwin or what Brandon Pettigrew, if they fall out of the 1st round.

Hood is a very underrated player- I see Jerry as the heart and soul of one of the best DL's in college football last year. Ole Miss won't be as good without him- neither will Hardy

And they lifted a finger to stop him from leaving. Not all teams just let good players go. he wasn't good

He is now.

First of all, where is this Hangartner was a backup stuff coming from? Do you read? He was a STARTER at Carolina last year, not a backup, and they wanted to keep him, but they couldn't because they have tremendous salary cap problems down there. No one is pretending anything. Carolina had one of the best OLs in football in terms of run blocking and overall statistics last year, so to claim this guy can't play is ludicrous.

I like Hangartner, but the reason he started is because the #1 guy was injured. Hangartner did get starts, but he was a second-stringer who got a chance and ran with it.

That would be great, but is our #11 worth two first rounders? It seems the value there wouldn't be right, but you would know better than me. Even with the switch in the third and fourth rounders it seems Philly would be getting fleeced.

Just google "NFL draft picks value chart"

What it tells you is the value that everyone more or less agrees on. But of course, as in any trade, whoever wants the trade more usually has to give up extra value to get the other team to go along with it.

McCargo may be a bust, but then again let's give it one more year to see... but as for Poz, that's a little different. In a sense he was a rookie last year and I'm thinking we may see some pretty good things from him this year.

First Round

...11. Buffalo Bills Everette Brown DE Florida State...

2nd Round

...10. (42) Buffalo Bills Max Unger C Oregon...

McShay's Top 15 remaining

...4. Duke Robinson G Oklahoma...

Have at it boys and girls.

Brown and Unger would be perfectly fine with me. I still like Mack more then Unger, but I have come around to the logic of taking the higher ranking DE before the lower ranking center. If Robinson is still on the board in round 3, despite the Bills' obvious need at TE, I would like to see them draft him. Having both Unger and Robinson would really strengthen the interior of the Bills line with excellent young athletes.

Both picks are reaches. I will be happy if we went with the following 3 as our top 3 picks, although they may not fall to us

1. Rey Maualuga, MLB, USC

2. Peria Jerry, DT, Ole Miss

3. T.J. Lang, OT, Eastern Michigan

I could see all three starting immediately

This would be a perfect draft that would probably land 3 immediate starters IF the chips fell our way:

1. B.J. Raji, DT, Boston College

2. Michael Johnson, DE, Georgia Tech

3. Pass catching TE (Cook, Ingram)

If Raji, Orkapo, and Brown are all off the board I say go with Cushing and target Johnson in the second as I believe he is a stud that the scouts are labeling in an attempt to muddy his stock!

I don't mind Brown as the 1st Pick...IMHO The Bills MUST add a DE/Pass Rusher with the Pick at #11...Whether it's Brown, Ayers, Jackson, Maybin if He slides a bit...It matters not to Me...As long as The Bills get someone who can get to the QB with that Pick I'm OK with it...

In the 2nd (based on this Mock) I'd rather see the TE Ingram go to The Bills...I REALLY like the way that Kid looks...As long as Our Doctors say He's OK I'd LOVE to see Him in Buffalo...I think he's a 1st round talent who is being pushed down a bit by the injury...I realize He's WAY raw and not the best Blocker right now...But I think the sky is the limit for that Kid once He gets a Year or two of Pro Coaching...Plus I think The Bills need another Player named Cornelius to turn this thing around... <_<

In the 3rd a LB or an OG...In the 4th whatever they don't get in the 3rd... :lol:

I agree with this strategy, and also wouldn't mind TE Cook. I think him or Ingram will have the biggest impact in our offense.

I think the Bills will need to seriously consider Robinson over Unger, though Unger provides versatility, I have heard he would not fit in as well at G as he does at C. I also think the Bills should get another 2nd rounder to pick up Jared Cook who seems to be this years Dustin Kellar.

I like Maualuga alot, myself. If we go linebacker first, I like him better than Cushing. The big question for me is how well Maualuga can cover in our defense. Alot of posters seem to think POZ would be a better player outside as well, but I'm not sure he's athletic enough. I know he played it in college but that isn't really the same. If Poz can play outside at an average level and Mauluga can cover, I think this would be a great pick.

I don't think Poz is good enough to be a starter. Not athletic, not fast