Maurice Hicks ???

Magox

Latest News and Rumors

Maurice Hicks To Visit Bills

Posted by Aaron Wilson on March 27, 2009, 6:26 p.m.

With starting running back Marshawn Lynch awaiting word on an anticipated suspension from NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell, the Buffalo Bills are bracing for his potential unavailability.

That’s one reason why the Bills are hosting free agent running back Maurice Hicks for a Monday visit, according to Alex Marvez of FOXSports.com

Hicks, 31, appeared in 11 games on special teams last season for the Minnesota Vikings, but wasn’t allotted playing time at running back behind NFL rushing champion Adrian Peterson and backup Chester Taylor.

According to NFL.com, Hicks has rushed for 869 career yards and six touchdowns with 55 receptions for 424 yards and one touchdown in six NFL seasons. In 2005, Hicks rushed for 308 yards and three touchdowns.

Marvez notes that the Bills went after Fred Taylor and Kevin Smith as free agents, but they opted to sign with the New England Patriots and the Chicago Bears, respectively.

The Bills are expected to primarily rely upon Fred Jackson when Lynch is sidelined due to an expected measure of league discipline stemming from his recent arrest and guilty plea on misdemeanor weapons charges in Southern California.

Makes no sense to me

Latest News and Rumors

With starting running back Marshawn Lynch awaiting word on an anticipated suspension from NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell, the Buffalo Bills are bracing for his potential unavailability.

That’s one reason why the Bills are hosting free agent running back Maurice Hicks for a Monday visit, according to Alex Marvez of FOXSports.com

Hicks, 31, appeared in 11 games on special teams last season for the Minnesota Vikings, but wasn’t allotted playing time at running back behind NFL rushing champion Adrian Peterson and backup Chester Taylor.

According to NFL.com, Hicks has rushed for 869 career yards and six touchdowns with 55 receptions for 424 yards and one touchdown in six NFL seasons. In 2005, Hicks rushed for 308 yards and three touchdowns.

Marvez notes that the Bills went after Fred Taylor and Kevin Smith as free agents, but they opted to sign with the New England Patriots and the Chicago Bears, respectively.

The Bills are expected to primarily rely upon Fred Jackson when Lynch is sidelined due to an expected measure of league discipline stemming from his recent arrest and guilty plea on misdemeanor weapons charges in Southern California.

Makes no sense to me

:rolleyes: I would MUCH rather see what Oman can do...

Well it makes sense that they need another running back.

I thought that maybe they would draft one though they basically refused to play Omon last year (week 17 versus Patriots) because they were scared to death that he would get Edwards killed in pass protection.

So it makes sense that they would pick up a veteran RB because most rookies are quite poor in pass pro.

Latest News and Rumors

Makes no sense to me

Looks like you were right. Obviously we have plenty of salary cap room, if we're entertaining guys like Hicks.

:nana: I would MUCH rather see what Oman can do...

Why :lol: ? Omon showed to be rather slow in the games I saw in the regular season and at Hicks has put up some good numbers when asked to fill in as a backup before and contributes well on ST. I think he's a good guy to look at behind Lynch and Jackson and as long as we don't break the bank be all for signing him.

Honestly this is one of the few RBs they have brought in this offseason that has made any sense. Special teamer, clearly a 3rd RB at best. Exactly what we need when Marshawn gets his wrist slapped with the ruler.

He'll spell Jackson during the first few (1,2,3,4) games and then he'll help out on special teams. Perfect, move on.

I've heard that teams will bring-in guys they don't expect to sign unless there are injuries. It's more of a "getting to know you" thing, to see if they might fit, if there's a future need.