Wow, the idiocy of my fellow Pennsylvanians

The Arkansas between Philly and Pittsburgh doesn't make up for the sheer mass of voters in those cities.

Specter on the ropes too- bad timing for him to run during such a heated presidential race. Wouldn't be shocked to see Hoeffel win at this point.

98182[/snapback]

Poof - 100,000-vote Hoeffel lead gone. Specter up by 25K and still moving. As usual, Philadelphia County beat the rest of the state to report, and the "T" is just getting their totals in now.

John, there are over 12 million people in PA. You don't seriously think Philly and Pittsburgh account for over 6 million of that, do you? Kerry will most likely win the state by 250-300K; Dems have a registration edge of over 500K statewide.

I think it's still early....No way Kerry wins by 71%...PA is a big hunting state...alot of gun owners...no way do they vote Kerry.

98029[/snapback]

Please tell me there's no way the Bills will win a Super Bowl in my lifetime.

Poof - 100,000-vote Hoeffel lead gone. Specter up by 25K and still moving. As usual, Philadelphia County beat the rest of the state to report, and the "T" is just getting their totals in now.

John, there are over 12 million people in PA. You don't seriously think Philly and Pittsburgh account for over 6 million of that, do you? Kerry will most likely win the state by 250-300K; Dems have a registration edge of over 500K statewide.

98216[/snapback]

No. But when you factor in Erie county and a few of the northern counties, the center of the state can't offset the big cities. The big advantages of Pennsyltucky as someone called it, is the large voter turnnout and overwheming Republican support. Hey- maybe Bush will win PA. If he does, he wins. If Kerry does, it's what he needs to stay in the race.

(Just called PA for Kerry- who knows- he has a 400K lead)

Poof is right. Looks like pork and spend Specter may win again. Give us your money non-Pennsylvanians. Arlen's coming to get your cash.

Whatever. He never saw pork he didn't approve. I once attended a dinner for him where he bragged about how much pork he would bring to PA as the senior member of the appropriations committee. Eff You Arlen- that's not what I'm looking for.

I hope he loses, and to be honest, even though he's a Democrat, I like Hoeffel.

98197[/snapback]

Plus when Specter was a lawyer he got Ira Eichorn out on bail. Eichorn murdered his girlfriend and stuffed her in a trunk in his closet. He was found out when the neighbors complained about the stench. Eichornstated it was a CIA plot. When Specter got him out, Eichorn ook off for Canada and then Europe for about 25 years. He was tried in absentia and sentenced to death. Finally got him when America's Most Wanted tracked him down. Had to void his first conviction and tell France (F'n French) that we wouldn't execute him before they would send him back. He is now roytting in jail and hopefully someone will kill him in prison. All because Specter got him out.

When I found that out, Specter became dog stevestojan to me. Was really hoping he would have lost in the primary.

No. But when you factor in Erie county and a few of the northern counties, the center of the state can't offset the big cities. The big advantages of Pennsyltucky as someone called it, is the large voter turnnout and overwheming Republican support. Hey- maybe Bush will win PA. If he does, he wins. If Kerry does, it's what he needs to stay in the race.

98223[/snapback]

Which northern counties you talkin' about? Other than the heavy union presence in Elk, that is. Last Democrat most of the north-central counties went for was LBJ.....

I think they're most likely correct calling PA for Kerry; that registration edge is a tough hill to climb.

But Specter is now up by over 100,000.

EDIT: Just checked, and Delaware Co. is slow to report. Bush will gain some there, but probably not enough.

Which northern counties you talkin' about? Other than the heavy union presence in Elk, that is. Last Democrat most of the north-central counties went for was LBJ.....

I think they're most likely correct calling PA for Kerry; that registration edge is a tough hill to climb.

But Specter is now up by over 100,000.

98242[/snapback]

Northeastern. I hate Specter.

98216[/snapback]

Update from CNN numbers - Kerry by 240K, Specter by 350K.