Ralph Wilson Not At Owner's Meetings

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It may just be his response to one of the last times he went and he and Mike Brown (Bengals) were the only two owners to vote no against the new agreement with the players. He was the joke of the NFL for a few weeks, mimicking him on ESPN, etc. A year or two later, after almost no one would listen to him, they all realized he was correct and refused to extend the agreement last season.

Ralph isn't really a small market guy anymore, gang. Sorry to say, he'll likely be advocating more from the large market perspective now that he's transitioning the team from Buffalo to Toronto.

Evidence?

Evidence?

Of what? My opinion about Ralph logically becoming more large market oriented as he transitions the Bills to large market Toronto? Since it was 100% based on my personal, circumstantial deduction, I don't have any DNA or wire-tapping evidence to report at this time. However, I am working on it! <_<

Of what? My opinion about Ralph logically becoming more large market oriented as he transitions the Bills to large market Toronto? Since it was 100% based on my personal, circumstantial deduction, I don't have any DNA or wire-tapping evidence to report at this time. However, I am working on it! <_<

Oh, since you seem so convinced, I thought maybe you have one example of Ralph changing the philosophy he has held for nearly 40 years, as a professional football team owner.

So, this is wild guess...not opinion founded in any evidence. I get it.

Why do you consider a reasoned deduction based on the facts on the ground to be a wild guess? Do you not hold any opinions based on reasoning without legal evidence, or must everything pass through an attorney before you reason whether or not the Bills will make the playoffs or sign a free agent?? Pretty high standard for a message board, don't you think? Opinions are all we're about... but, if it makes you happy, I'll go looking for a strand of Ralph's DNA and start wiretapping his calls.

Why do you consider a reasoned deduction based on the facts on the ground to be a wild guess? Do you not hold any opinions based on reasoning without legal evidence, or must everything pass through an attorney before you reason whether or not the Bills will make the playoffs or sign a free agent?? Pretty high standard for a message board, don't you think? Opinions are all we're about... but, if it makes you happy, I'll go looking for a strand of Ralph's DNA and start wiretapping his calls.

Legal evidence? Facts on the ground?

I have just asked for ANYTHING that Ralph has said, or done, that suggest he isn't the same Ralph with the same beliefs. Yours isn't a "reasoned deduction" by any means. It's a wild guess at best, and more likely a cheap shot, without foundation. Ralph is on record as recently as his HOF induction, as being committed to policies that enable smaller markets, like Buffalo, to remain competitive. The TO experiment is an example of a short-term strategy to help Buffalo remain viable in the NFL.

Just come out and call Ralph a liar, and/or say that you have no evidence, but this is your gut feeling. That's fine, but let's not pretend that is anything more than that.

Methinks thou doest protest too much...

Guess you think my opinion is wrong. Then again, for you to get that emotional about a simple observation regarding Ralph's interests suggests there may be more to it than that. Either way, you seem to care about my opinion a whole lot more than I care about yours.

Methinks thou doest protest too much...

Guess you think my opinion is wrong. Then again, for you to get that emotional about a simple observation regarding Ralph's interests suggests there may be more to it than that. Either way, you seem to care about my opinion a whole lot more than I care about yours.

I don't care as much about your opinion, as the honesty of your post. I believe we can agree that you have no real world basis for your opinion, and you just have a hunch. Fine. I have no problem with that.

Ralph had always taken the side of small markets: fact.

Ralph has always been a small market owner: fact.

Toronto is a very large market: fact.

Ralph has moved games to Toronto, and plans to transfer more there in the future: fact.

Ralph will not block the relocation of the Bills after he dies: fact.

Ralph's kin would get more for the team if they can be Toronto based rather than Buffalo based: fact.

It is not in Ralph's interests to advocate small markets over large markets anymore: reasonable deduction.

Ralph has moved games to Toronto, and plans to transfer more there in the future: fact.

Not a fact, that we have any evidence for. The agreement is what it is. I have seen nothing from the Bills to suggest they plan to increase the number of games in TO.

To be serious for a second.... Do the Bills have a representative there in Ralph's place?

(Guess that's just too difficult a question to ask for I-reporters. They might have to actually call someone.)

i think someone asked Tim Graham that. If not, we should.

You should make a device to find all such pieces and put them all together in a scrapbook.