Cornelius Ingram

Cornelius Ingram vastly improved his stock at the UF Pro Day (he ran a 4.53). I hope we take this guy to stretch the field and add an extra element to our already-improved offense. I think he can line up at WR in some situations, as well. Options, options, options. If we could get him in the 3rd, I'd be thrilled.

Check out the pic after the link; the man is a freak of nature.

Cornelius Ingram Pro Day

Cornelius Ingram vastly improved his stock at the UF Pro Day (he ran a 4.53). I hope we take this guy to stretch the field and add an extra element to our already-improved offense. I think he can line up at WR in some situations, as well. Options, options, options. If we could get him in the 3rd, I'd be thrilled.

Check out the pic after the link; the man is a freak of nature.

Cornelius Ingram Pro Day

He's like a black hulk

Agreed.

He is a late first, early second round talent- who at best could fall to the mid second.

There is not much to go on with Ingram. Started out as a QB and then Tebow showed up so they made him a TE/WR. He has never had to block in line. He was basically a big WR with decent speed. He is not used to finding zones in a defense because UF's offense is based on winning match-ups. Even if he wasnt hurt he would not have started over Aaron Hernandez, a true soph, this year. He is a solid athlete and but I think he is gonna have a hard time finding a nitch in the NFL. Top tier kids are going start second guessing going to Florida because of that offense that they run. Look at some of the talent that they have every year that doesnt translate to the NFL. If Percy went to USC where they run an NFL offense, he'd be picked in the top 5. But becasue they kept moving him all around he hasnt shown that he is a true WR therefore he probably fall down to 12-20. Nothing against UF but that offense is for college and their kids don't learn how to play in a real pro style offense.

Reminds me of Cromartie because he got hurt and couldn't play but entered the draft anyway and got picked in the first round. It'll be interesting to see where he goes. Freak athelte TE who played in a spread offense though. Someone will take a chance on him. Bet he goes in the 2nd.

i read somewhere that the patriots love this guy. belichick and meyer are great friends. the article mentioned something about the gators becoming a farm team for the patriots in years to come, saying belichick will just start taking all his buddy's players when the come out. belichick loves tebow and harvin too, as well as spikes.

i'll try to find it somewhere.

i read somewhere that the patriots love this guy. belichick and meyer are great friends. the article mentioned something about the gators becoming a farm team for the patriots in years to come, saying belichick will just start taking all his buddy's players when the come out. belichick loves tebow and harvin too, as well as spikes.

i'll try to find it somewhere.

Yeah, how did Chad Jackson work out?

While I've developed some favorites at DE and OLB, I haven't reached that point with the TEs yet. My feeling at this time is that it's such a deep draft for them that I'd be quite content to let the Bills take whomever falls to them in the 3rd or even 4th round.

After Pettigrew there's still, Travis Beckum, James Casey, Chase Coffman, Jared Cook, Dan Gronkowski, Cornelius Ingram, and Shawn Nelson.

That's 8 tight ends I'd be happy if they drafted. And most of them are exceptional athletes and it seems to me that they are all so tightly bunched that it wouldn't be wise to reach for one. It seems to me that one of them would still be available in the 4th round (I could be very wrong) and would still have a higher upside than the veterans we now have.

There is not much to go on with Ingram. Started out as a QB and then Tebow showed up so they made him a TE/WR. He has never had to block in line. He was basically a big WR with decent speed. He is not used to finding zones in a defense because UF's offense is based on winning match-ups. Even if he wasnt hurt he would not have started over Aaron Hernandez, a true soph, this year. He is a solid athlete and but I think he is gonna have a hard time finding a nitch in the NFL. Top tier kids are going start second guessing going to Florida because of that offense that they run. Look at some of the talent that they have every year that doesnt translate to the NFL. If Percy went to USC where they run an NFL offense, he'd be picked in the top 5. But becasue they kept moving him all around he hasnt shown that he is a true WR therefore he probably fall down to 12-20. Nothing against UF but that offense is for college and their kids don't learn how to play in a real pro style offense.

Ingram was the clear starter and regarded as a true down the field playmaker

not sure why you have to make up stuff about him sitting behind Hernandez

Ingram would be a much better option for the Bills need to stretch the field over the super slow Pettigrew

Ingram was the clear starter and regarded as a true down the field playmaker

not sure why you have to make up stuff about him sitting behind Hernandez

Ingram would be a much better option for the Bills need to stretch the field over the super slow Pettigrew

Well Sparty. if you're gonna accuse someone of "making stuff up", YOU better have your facts straight. But you sound very smart.

http://cfn.scout.com/2/748986.html

Pettigrew is a true tight end who played with his hand on the ground and was versatile enough to split out. He is super fluid for his size and has great hands. His 40 doesn't mean anything because TE's don't run 4.4's. John Carlson ran a 4.88 last year and he looked pretty fricken good as rookie. Quit being a combine expert and try watchin some college football.

Well Sparty. if you're gonna accuse someone of "making stuff up", YOU better have your facts straight. But you sound very smart.

Pettigrew is a true tight end who played with his hand on the ground and was versatile enough to split out. He is super fluid for his size and has great hands. His 40 doesn't mean anything because TE's don't run 4.4's. John Carlson ran a 4.88 last year and he looked pretty fricken good as rookie. Quit being a combine expert and try watchin some college football.

So where is your proof about Ingram

a scout report that shows Ingram as INJURED

at that point, no kidding Ingram wasn;'t going to start - he tore up his knee in pre-season

nice try though

Yeah, you're definitely wrong, pal. Ingram was regarded as the elite play-maker other than Harvin. He certainly would not have been on the depth chart behind Aaron Hernandez. Urban Meyer was devastated when Ingram went down.

And you try watching some football (like Ingram's junior year). You may have read that it doesn't matter whether a guy can run or not, but we've had blocking tight ends. What we need is a stretch-the-field receiving threat that commands respect from safeties and linebackers alike.

They built their offense to taylor Ingram, prior to his injury. Look it up. There is no way he was behing Hernandez on the depth chart. Get a clue.

READ MY POST- It's funny because no where did I say that Ingram wasn't good. I said that there wasn't much to go on at TE and that I think he would have trouble finding a nitch in the NFL. He was used as a WR NOT at TE and when they brought in Hernandez, who was the top TE in the country comin in, Ingram was used at a WR almost all of the time. Hernandez got three starts his True Fr. year and the Gators don't start a two TE set so where was Ingram? I'm guessing at WR. Watch the friggen games, the dude was ALWAYS SPLIT OUT!

So Tim Tebow has thrown 62 TD passes and he's run for another 35 in two years and your going to tell me that the offense was built around Ingram? I don't even know why I am defending myself because that could be the dumbest thing that I have ever heard.

Lastly, he would be a terrible fit for the Bills. He has never been asked to block, rarely was covered and is constantly injured. Also he has a rap for having his best games against weak competition. His best games during his junior year, his best season, were against Troy, Florida Atlantic and FSU.

Fellas, nice try. Watch the games. He was split out all of the time before his injury.

Wow, this is weird! This is from an interview at the combine where he explains that ...well read for yourself.

Q: Since you're from a spread offense, how well-rounded of a tight end are you?

A: "Being in a spread offense, not being attached to a tackle in our offense, a lot of people might have questions or doubts about my blocking. I'm pretty sure they can see some of the film. We really didn't do it a whole lot, but I know I can. I've shown it in some games - catching the ball, running routes. That's second nature. That's the easy part for me. I feel good. I just hope I work out as well as I want to, and I definitely think I can. I'm just fortunate to even be here because I've been working out with guys at Perfect Competition, great talent that didn't even get an invite to the combine so I definitely consider this a blessing for me, getting an invite to the combine even though I didn't play the entire season. Being able to come here and perform I definitely consider it a blessing."

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/other/s...0,4046322.story

Not attatched to a tackle? Sounds to me like a WR! But he is listed as a TE! "We really didn't do it (BLOCK) a whole lot." Hmmmm, how would he fit into the Bills offense? Colts or anywhere Martz is but not the Bills.

Who is the Gators offense gonna be "taylored" to this year now that Ingram is gone? :rolleyes: