Idol wrap up

John Adams

Michael Oilman. The words I could understand were beer, truck, shotgun, doublewide, and Klan. Some country-rap version of We Didn’t Start The Fire. Despite its incomprehensibility, I loved it. His “I don’t give a !@#$ what you think" attitude to the judge's criticisms saves him from my bottom 3. Judges were complete jerkoffs. His vocals were not on display but the fun factor outweighed any shortcomings.

Allison Iraheta. Looks the best she’s looked yet…which is not actually that much of a compliment. Everyone keeps saying it: it’s amazing that she’s 16 with those Janis Joplin pipes (and looks...ugh). She’s my personal favorite even though she lacks Rounds's and Gokey’s voice. Long live rock and roll. Please go win this thing, he says, knowing America won't ever let her.

Kris Allen. Ballad. Sucky McSuckenstein. The judges 4-wayed gobbled his knob, which is unreal. He was atrocious and he looks like he just got a swirly. I hate him the most.

Lil Rounds. Independence Day. Audience clapping is SO !@#$ING ANNOYING. Let’s see. It’s country night + she’s black = Formula for a lynchin'. But wait, what's this? She went with a flag-wrapped song. The show mixed her vocals poorly—she is hard to hear over the band. In the chorus, she hits it. It’s a tough night for her but she’s got one of the top 2 voices in the competition and should survive.

Adam Lambert. Ring of Fire. Funky. Hip. Spooky. He’s creepy but !@#$all it was oddly fantastic. Agree with Randy 100%: a young dark adaptation. I know it’s not his version but its uniqueness reminds me of David Cook’s Billie Jean.

Scott McIntyre. Hey buddy, the sighted and the blind have an arrangement. We won’t give you singles instead of twenties and you guys wear sunglasses so we don't have to look at the skinless grapes that you call eyes. His voice continues to suck. Piano playing is great but whatever. It’s a singing competition and he has been one of the worst week after week.

Alexis Grace. Jolene. I love this song. Ryan compares her to Dolly in the intro, which is interesting…except that Dolly has a trademark that Alexis notably lacks. Dress looks distractingly like it may fall off. Anyways, I thought she did well. Judges panned her a bit unfairly.

Danny Gokey. Jesus Take the Wheel. I was distracted by the lyric. !@#$ you dude (and Carrie Underwood). Save your !@#$ing self asswipe: Jesus ain’t gonna take the wheel OK douchebags? His performance came alive at the chorus and whatever. He advances after an average night for him, which like Lil Rounds, is way better than almost everyone.

Anoop Desai. You were always on my mind. I’m a little shocked to find that Anoops is more than a Fraternity band singer. He’s got a nice voice. First time on display. His timing is a bit off but it’s pretty good. He’s not a top contestan but he might live to see another day with what is his first good performance since the semifinals started. Randy’s word of the night. Dope. Ahh. Keep tabs on Kara. She will NEVER swim upstream against anyone who expresses an opinion before her. She is a lemming.

Megan Corkery. How many well-known worn out songs can she sing? Rockin’ Robin last week. She’s pretty as a button but god does she move oddly…and I wonder what mental baggage she carries in that insane sleeve tat. Like Anoop, she had her best performance to date. Which is not to say it’s great, but middle of the pack. Judges give her flu points, which is bull sh--. If that was allowed, they should give Lil Rounds and Anoop minority points for making it through country night.

Matt Girard. Another guy who had his best performance to date. I am a Matt-hater and I really liked it. Love the piano for him—thought it was enjoyable. Long-term greatness? No. But very good and he could move up in this competition after this night. I predict that the judges will love it. Prediction: Correct.

Top 3ish: Gokey, Girard, Iraheta/Lambert.

Bottom 2: MacIntyre, Allen

(awful multimedia in the sig link)

Michael Oilman. The words I could understand were beer, truck, shotgun, doublewide, and Klan. Some country-rap version of We Didn’t Start The Fire. Despite its incomprehensibility, I loved it. His “I don’t give a !@#$ what you think" attitude to the judge's criticisms saves him from my bottom 3. Judges were complete jerkoffs. His vocals were not on display but the fun factor outweighed any shortcomings. :lol:I concur with your assessment.

Allison Iraheta. Looks the best she’s looked yet…which is not actually that much of a compliment. Everyone keeps saying it: it’s amazing that she’s 16 with those Janis Joplin pipes (and looks...ugh). She’s my personal favorite even though she lacks Rounds's and Gokey’s voice. Long live rock and roll. Please go win this thing, he says, knowing America won't ever let her. This girl is kinda weird, but then again so am I.

Kris Allen. Ballad. Sucky McSuckenstein. The judges 4-wayed gobbled his knob, which is unreal. He was atrocious and he looks like he just got a swirly. I hate him the most. Forgettable performance.

Lil Rounds. Independence Day. Audience clapping is SO !@#$ING ANNOYING. Let’s see. It’s country night + she’s black = Formula for a lynchin'. But wait, what's this? She went with a flag-wrapped song. The show mixed her vocals poorly—she is hard to hear over the band. In the chorus, she hits it. It’s a tough night for her but she’s got one of the top 2 voices in the competition and should survive. She really could have done a whole lot more with this song combined with her talent level. She blew it.

Adam Lambert. Ring of Fire. Funky. Hip. Spooky. He’s creepy but !@#$all it was oddly fantastic. Agree with Randy 100%: a young dark adaptation. I know it’s not his version but its uniqueness reminds me of David Cook’s Billie Jean. Great vocal, very strange overall.

Scott McIntyre. Hey buddy, the sighted and the blind have an arrangement. We won’t give you singles instead of twenties and you guys wear sunglasses so we don't have to look at the skinless grapes that you call eyes. That's uncalled for. His voice continues to suck. Piano playing is great but whatever. It’s a singing competition and he has been one of the worst week after week. I agree one of the worst.

Alexis Grace. Jolene. I love this song. Ryan compares her to Dolly in the intro, which is interesting…except that Dolly has a trademark that Alexis notably lacks. Dress looks distractingly like it may fall off. Anyways, I thought she did well. Judges panned her a bit unfairly. She needed to have fun with this-big wig and some huge fake funbags. Good performance.

Danny Gokey. Jesus Take the Wheel. I was distracted by the lyric. !@#$ you dude (and Carrie Underwood). Save your !@#$ing self asswipe: Jesus ain’t gonna take the wheel OK douchebags? His performance came alive at the chorus and whatever. He advances after an average night for him, which like Lil Rounds, is way better than almost everyone. Not bad, not good.

Anoop Desai. You were always on my mind. I’m a little shocked to find that Anoops is more than a Fraternity band singer. He’s got a nice voice. First time on display. His timing is a bit off but it’s pretty good. He’s not a top contestan but he might live to see another day with what is his first good performance since the semifinals started. Randy’s word of the night. Dope. Ahh. Keep tabs on Kara. She will NEVER swim upstream against anyone who expresses an opinion before her. She is a lemming. Wow this was surprising. Very good rendition. ;)

Megan Corkery. How many well-known worn out songs can she sing? Rockin’ Robin last week. She’s pretty as a button but god does she move oddly…and I wonder what mental baggage she carries in that insane sleeve tat. Like Anoop, she had her best performance to date. Which is not to say it’s great, but middle of the pack. Judges give her flu points, which is bull sh--. If that was allowed, they should give Lil Rounds and Anoop minority points for making it through country night. I just don't like this chick. Was that dancing???

Matt Girard. Another guy who had his best performance to date. I am a Matt-hater and I really liked it. Love the piano for him—thought it was enjoyable. Long-term greatness? No. But very good and he could move up in this competition after this night. I predict that the judges will love it. Prediction: Correct. This guy has a future.

Top 3ish: Gokey, Girard, Iraheta/Lambert.

Bottom 2: MacIntyre, Allen Corkery, Rounds (I'm never right.)

(awful multimedia in the sig link)

Heard a story today that someone leaked that the fix is in and the final 4 have already been decided on. You know that the Goth guy is going to win, he's the most marketable.

Heard that rumor also, straight from Steve Lankford's huge penis.

4 contestants are already way better than the remainder: Rounds, Gokey, Iraheta, and Lambert are the cream in this crop. The rest are fodder and might put up a fun performance here or there but none match those 4 in talent. (Maybe Girard could crack those 4--the others aren't even close.)

I never watch that "entertainment", but on the radio today they played that guy singing Ring of Fire. What a F'n abortion. The song is for a low voice (like Johnny Cash) and that jerk gets higher as he sings it.

Wrong person went home. Should have been Twitchy Sneezy Coughy Chick.

Neither are going to win it anyway, so it really doesn't matter in which order they go home. Twitchy Sneezy Coughy Chick will be gone in the next few weeks as well.

Can somebody explain to me the appeal of this show (besides of course they hot chick that you guys are mentioning)? I watched a few episodes over the years with my sister and ex-girlfriend, and I just never got it. All they do is sing crappy re-hashes of classic songs and then everybody cries when somebody gets voted off. Eventually somebody wins but what do they win? A recording contract? I honestly don't know.

Furthermore, it seems like you never hear from these people again. Somehow Kelly Clarkson became famous which is strange because she is a horrible singer. I know that Clay Aiken had his 15 minutes of fame but you never hear from him anymore. Have any of the other winners gone on to anything big? You never hear about them after the show is over. I know my mom was obsessed with that Taylor Hicks guy, but he just disappeared.

I'm not trying to piss on anyone's Cheerios or criticize you for watching the show, but I'm legitimately curious about why it is SO effing popular.

Can somebody explain to me the appeal of this show (besides of course they hot chick that you guys are mentioning)? I watched a few episodes over the years with my sister and ex-girlfriend, and I just never got it. All they do is sing crappy re-hashes of classic songs and then everybody cries when somebody gets voted off. Eventually somebody wins but what do they win? A recording contract? I honestly don't know.

Furthermore, it seems like you never hear from these people again. Somehow Kelly Clarkson became famous which is strange because she is a horrible singer. I know that Clay Aiken had his 15 minutes of fame but you never hear from him anymore. Have any of the other winners gone on to anything big? You never hear about them after the show is over. I know my mom was obsessed with that Taylor Hicks guy, but he just disappeared.

I'm not trying to piss on anyone's Cheerios or criticize you for watching the show, but I'm legitimately curious about why it is SO effing popular.

Most of the winners don't do sh--, (aside from Carrie Underwood and Kelly Clarkson) but there has been some non-winning talent that got noticed on idol. People like Chris Daughtry, Jennifer Hudson, etc. The really good talent is better off not winnig Idol, because then Idol doesn't control their soul, as they do to the winner.

Alexis Grace was a trash no talent skank and i'm glad she's gone. We need more Megan.

I believe he's actually starring on Broadway in Spamalot.

Link

To each his own, I watch mainly because my wife likes the show. I can tolerate it, and actually don't mind watching most nights. Although I am not hearbroken if I miss an episode. But you are wrong about contestants disappearing. This show has made most of these unknowns very very rich. Some of them may not be household names like, Clarkson, Underwood, and Doughtry, but the majority of them are making mega bucks! Some may be just opening acts, but some are headliners as well. This show has turned their lives completely around. And don't forget the top 10 go on the idol tour and get exposure and nice chunk of change...

To each his own, I watch mainly because my wife likes the show. I can tolerate it, and actually don't mind watching most nights. Although I am not hearbroken if I miss an episode. But you are wrong about contestants disappearing. This show has made most of these unknowns very very rich. Some of them may not be household names like, Clarkson, Underwood, and Doughtry, but the majority of them are making mega bucks! Some may be just opening acts, but some are headliners as well. This show has turned their lives completely around. And don't forget the top 10 go on the idol tour and get exposure and nice chunk of change...

Fair enough, I'm sure they don't completely disappear, but I just don't think that many of the winners have lived up to the billing of "American Idol", besides maybe Underwood on the country circuit.