[closed]PFT: McDaniels will talk with Cutler BEFORE shopping him

Fingon

MCDANIELS ON CUTLER: “I’LL TAKE CARE OF IT”

Posted by Mike Florio on March 16, 2009, 9:05 p.m.

Broncos coach Josh McDaniels asked his players not to talk about what was said during Monday’s team meeting regarding disgruntled quarterback Jay Cutler.

And so they’re talking about whatwas said during Monday’s team meeting regarding disgruntled quarterback Jay Cutler.

“He said, “I’ll take care of it,’ and that’s pretty much it,” defensive lineman Kenny Peterson told the Denver Post. “[As players], you can’t control it. You got to control what you can control.”

“The quarterback is the face of the team,” cornerback Andre Goodman said. “When you take the coach out of it, [the quarterback] is the face of the team. Everybody will tell you it starts with the quarterback.”

Meanwhile, McDaniels continues to hold out hope for a face-to-face (i.e., no Bus Cook) meeting with Cutler before trade talks would commence.

“I would like to talk to Jay before we go on and start to discuss some other type of alternative,” McDaniels told the Post. “In the last couple weeks, we’ve been all about trying to communicate and resolve his unhappiness with what happened — which we understand — and that’s been our direction.”

Does this end the Cutler/Bus Cook rumor?

So you trust what McDaniels says after he kept denying entertaining Cassel trade talk before he finally owned up to it?

Well, it's just one more piece of evidence that makes us trading for Cutler less likely. TG also said there is a very slim chance that Cutler is being shopped already.

Does this end the Cutler/Bus Cook rumor?

No, I don't think so because nobody really knows what's going on and what is being said behind closed doors with Cutler and McDaniels. I don't think either side has handled it very well but we shall see what happens.

No, I don't think so because nobody really knows what's going on and what is being said behind closed doors with Cutler and McDaniels. I don't think either side has handled it very well but we shall see what happens.

Still, the likelihood that he was here to talk about Cutler today... is pretty slim.

Just because McDaniels wants to talk to Cutler, doesn't mean Cutler will stay. Cutler felt betrayed by the new coach who (allegedly) aggressively went after a new QB and tried to deal him as one of his first moves in town, I doubt theres much he could say that will make Cutler want to come back besides "heres some more money and a gaurantee your job is safe"

Just because McDaniels wants to talk to Cutler, doesn't mean Cutler will stay. Cutler felt betrayed by the new coach who (allegedly) aggressively went after a new QB and tried to deal him as one of his first moves in town, I doubt theres much he could say that will make Cutler want to come back besides "heres some more money and a gaurantee your job is safe"

I think this goes pretty far in debunking the rumor that Bus Cook was talking about Cutler with the Bills. (Tim Graham basically said the same thing)

Well, it's just one more piece of evidence that makes us trading for Cutler less likely. TG also said there is a very slim chance that Cutler is being shopped already.

Do you really think that T.O. spent much time on the stove?? Cutler is looking for the right spot, right now.

Do you really think that T.O. spent much time on the stove?? Cutler is looking for the right spot, right now.

He can't look unless the Bronco's say he can. McDaniels says here he hasn't given him permission yet.

Bingo.

Except it seems that McDaniels has been allegedly saying all kinds of things to the press in the last week or so that may or may not be true. He's not off to a flying start in the making friends and taking control of the team department.

Not that I think the Bills are in serious negotiations about trading for Cutler, mind you.

He can't look unless the Bronco's say he can. McDaniels says here he hasn't given him permission yet.

McDaniels never said that...you interpreted his statement to mean that, but he has not said he has not given permission to Cook, and with all the tension in the media on how he has mishandled the situation he is not going to come out and say he did anyway...this means nothing...

Most stuff behind the scenes does not make it to the media by the way...

Still, the likelihood that he was here to talk about Cutler today... is pretty slim.

That's an opinion. I really don't know and don't think anyone on here really knows. I'll say this after the T. O. signing nothing as far as trades or FA 's would surprise me.

He's trying some PR shizzle...keep up a good front with Cutler IN CASE they can't move him. If they can't then they can say they were trying to keep him all along. If they can, well no harm in acting civil. Basically, McDaniel's is doing exactly what he should do.

[This is an automated response]

This subject matter is being currently being discussed or has already been discussed in a previous thread.

Please consider using the "search" function before starting new topics.

Thank you.