I`m thinking Scheffler

Why would Denver put him on the block?

Because he doesn't fit the mold of Tight End that Mcdaniels is looking for. He doesn't want an H Back or a Tight end that lines up as a wideout. He wants a good old fashioned Tight End that can both block and catch passes, and that's not what Scheffler is known for.

Because he doesn't fit the mold of Tight End that Mcdaniels is looking for. He doesn't want an H Back or a Tight end that lines up as a wideout. He wants a good old fashioned Tight End that can both block and catch passes, and that's not what Scheffler is known for.

thank you

You're exactly right. Denver already has TE Daniel Graham (ex-Patriot) on the roster and they just re-signed Jeb Putzier. Both are good blockers with decent pass catching ability. If you think about it New England doesn't really employ a pass catching TE. Ben Watson was/is their biggest offensive threat at this position and he has been awfully inconsistent and injured. Oh, the Patriots will sprinkle in a little to the TE but they also use every player in various ways and they also utilize every inch of the field. The TEs aren't a big scoring/yardage threat in their offensive scheme.

Iv`e seen Tony the Tiger throw a couple good blocks, in some games last yr. I have the sunday ticket. Speed ,hands and can block alittle. :devil:

Patriots are going to add Peppers and the Bills will add another average TE (Scheffler).

That's why we love the 7-9 seasons baby! :devil:

How many TE's in the NFL are averaging 16 yard per catch? Not many...it would give us another down the field weapon that would give defenses coverage problems...

With all these down the field weapons, should we have some underneath guys? Just saying, maybe Bills dont pick him up and the stay with Fine. You got two big time recievers in Evans and T.O. now who can stretch the field and occupy the corners and FS. You got Reed who is a good midrange guy. I know Fine isn't very flashy, but when given a chance last year he had some nice catches/games.

If they got Scheffler i would not be upset by any means but would not want to give up more then a fourth for him as it stands now. still have holes on Oline, LB, and Dline that must be addressed. And then taking a T.E in the fourth is right back where you are now with Fine.