Official: Peterson Traded to Detroit.

Cory Redding heh. Shows what having 1 very good year in the nfl can do for you financially. Where as Peterson bar his recovery time from his achillies tear has been consistently very good. Suprised they couldn't get anything better out of dealing him. Oh well dissapointing would've been fantastic to see the Bills go after him. Hopefully we can bring back Crowell

Lions are going to eat up to 7 million dollars in dead cap space this season because of Redding :ph34r:

this is a perfect year to do it. the new regime is cleaning house so they get a pass. the last thing they want are fat contracts from the previous regime.

this means the seahawks will not pick bj raji. hopefully he will slide to us.

I bet KC will take Raji earlier now, at the 3rd pick, with Seattle more definitely going LT with their pick.

So if I had to guess now:

1 Detroit Aaron Curry OLB

2 St Louis Michael Crabtree WR

3 KC BJ Raji DT

4 Seattle Jason Smith OT

5 Cleveland Brian Orakpo DE

6 Cincinnati Eugene Monroe OT

7 Oakland Everette Brown DE

8 Jville Matthew Stafford QB

9 G Bay Tyson Jackson DE

10 San Fran Michael Oher OT

Leaving these guys on the board at our pick:

Andre Smith OT

Rey Maualuga ILB

James Laurinaitis ILB

Malcolm Jenkins CB

Brian Cushing OLB

Knowshon Moreno RB

Mark Sanchez QB

Jeremy Maclin WR

Peria Jerry DT

Brandon Pettigrew TE

Clay Matthews OLB

I bet KC will take Raji earlier now, at the 3rd pick, with Seattle more definitely going LT with their pick.

After spending the 5th overall on Dorsey last year and getting almost no return, I can't see the Chefs spending the 3rd overall on Raji. But I also didn't think they'd trade for Cassel, although getting Vrabel improves that deal.

Time to concentrate on Crowell. If not him, then June. And if not him then Keiaho.

After spending the 5th overall on Dorsey last year and getting almost no return, I can't see the Chefs spending the 3rd overall on Raji.

I think Dorsey-Raji in the middle is the dictionary definition of "critical mass". If Raji doesn't go to the Chiefs, someone else will take him right about here--say Indy, Tampa, Tennessee.

News

Seahawks deal LB Peterson to Lions for DT Redding

Posted: News | Steve Wyche | Tags: Cory Redding, Detroit Lions, Julian Peterson, Seattle Seahawks

The Seattle Seahawks have traded LB Julian Peterson to the Detroit Lions for DT Cory Redding and a 2009 fifth-round draft choice, NFL.com’s Steve Wyche has confirmed.

Peterson, who has made five Pro Bowls, including the past three, has started every game but one over the last three seasons for Seattle after spending six seasons with the San Francisco 49ers. He has 46 sacks and eight interceptions over his nine-year career.

Redding played in 13 games for the Lions in 2008 before a knee injury forced him the miss the final three games of the season. He had 38 tackles and three sacks last year, and for his career has 16 sacks and 200 tackles.

The trade was first reported by foxsports.com.

Good move by both teams imo.

Its an ok trade. Not big. I dont think it will effect the draft all that much. If it involved a QB or something or DE, maybe.

Yes it does. In all probability, this opens up Crabtree for the Seahawks, meaning Raji probably slips to Cincinnati. Cincy then probably doesn't go DE. It's a guess, but I can't see Seattle going DT at this point.

News

Seahawks deal LB Peterson to Lions for DT Redding

Posted: News | Steve Wyche | Tags: Cory Redding, Detroit Lions, Julian Peterson, Seattle Seahawks

The Seattle Seahawks have traded LB Julian Peterson to the Detroit Lions for DT Cory Redding and a 2009 fifth-round draft choice, NFL.com’s Steve Wyche has confirmed.

Peterson, who has made five Pro Bowls, including the past three, has started every game but one over the last three seasons for Seattle after spending six seasons with the San Francisco 49ers. He has 46 sacks and eight interceptions over his nine-year career.

Redding played in 13 games for the Lions in 2008 before a knee injury forced him the miss the final three games of the season. He had 38 tackles and three sacks last year, and for his career has 16 sacks and 200 tackles.

The trade was first reported by foxsports.com.

Good move by both teams imo.

http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?showtopic=85172

Yes it does. In all probability, this opens up Crabtree for the Seahawks, meaning Raji probably slips to Cincinnati. Cincy then probably doesn't go DE. It's a guess, but I can't see Seattle going DT at this point.

This means that Buffalo should have a shot at getting one of the top three DEs in the draft, hopefully Everette Brown. If that's the case, Buffalo should be able to address our three biggest needs in the draft with our first three picks, DE, OL, OLB. After that we can really try and build some depth across the balance of the team.