What would it take for you to trade Peters?

Astrobot

The Eagles own two first round selections in the 2009 Draft, including four (1st-21, 1st-28, 2nd-53, 3rd-85,) of the first eighty-five picks in the draft.

What would it take for you to trade Peters?

I would need two firsts and a 3rd, and here's my draft:

11-Brian Cushing OLB

21-Alex Mack OC or Max Unger OG

28-Eben Britton OT

42-Robert Ayers DE

75-James Casey TE

85-Fenuki Tupou OG

106-Kraig Urbik OG

139-Vance Walker DT

Great picks-especially Alex Mack and Eben Britton

170-Ian Campbell DE

202-Gartrell Johnson RB

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing is more meaningless than the average fan's evaluation of NFL line play.

How did he get to the Pro Bowl last year?

You don't think it was Buffalo Bills fans stuffing ballot boxes on his behalf last year do you?

I'll take the fact that the coaches and players voted him to two Pro Bowls over any opinion on this board.

How did he get in? Well, it wasn't because he was one of the top 2 or 3 LT's in the AFC. Do you really think it was??

You mean like Favre was a Pro Bowler? Do you think the Jets fans voted him in? The Packers fans?? No, it was the players.

They say that another suspect serial Pro Bowler, Rueben Brown, was elected by players because he had a huge, awesome barbecue party for players every year.

They say that another suspect serial Pro Bowler, Rueben Brown, was elected by players because he had a huge, awesome barbecue party for players every year.

When I read statements like this, I remember just how stupid the average fan really is.

EDIT: And then I hear Skip Bayless say ANYTHING, and remember just how stupid the average TV sports commentator really is.

Seriously, all of you who are saying we should get two firsts for Peters are crazy. Nobody gives up two firsts in an upcoming draft. Why do you think no one has made a move on Julius Peppers? And even his compensation is a 1st this year and a 1st next year.

If he's not going to sign and possibly hold out again, you have to trade him. I would look for a 1st and a mid-late round pick.

This years draft is deep with starting quality OT's (Jason Smith, Eugene Monroe, Michael Oehr, Andre Smith). One of them would be there at 11.

Then you could use that 2nd 1st on a LB, S, DE, or DT.

Hi this is Jared Allen and the Vikings

I dont want to trade Peters, I think it is a worse case scenario. However if my hand is forced it would take atleast 2 first round picks, a second round pick, and a third round pick. It doesnt have to be all this year, it could be over this year and next. Is the price high, hell yes but that is what it costs to get young probowl LTs. If I am giving up something that is going to cripple my O-line then you are going to have to make it worthwhile. Heres to hoping the return of Buddy Nix helps our scouting.

When I read statements like this, I remember just how stupid the average fan really is.

EDIT: And then I hear Skip Bayless say ANYTHING, and remember just how stupid the average TV sports commentator really is.

I know Dean, we are all stupid and YOU KNOW EVERYTHING!!!! Just like you know I am being sarcastic

I know Dean, we are all stupid and YOU KNOW EVERYTHING!!!! Just like you know I am being sarcastic

I missed the sarcasm...my bad.

But, far from thinking I know everything, I understand I have very limited ability to really judge the play of an individual offensive lineman.

I missed the sarcasm...my bad.

But, far from thinking I know everything, I understand I have very limited ability to really judge the play of an individual offensive lineman.

I am sure you know good players and theres alot of times that Mel Kiper misses on many players. But more times than not he knows his stuff.

I am sure you know good players and theres alot of times that Mel Kiper misses on many players. But more times than not he knows his stuff.

I don't get the Kiper hate. Sure, he's a big-haired fool, but the guy is totally immersed in the draft. Maycock might be better, but that doesn't make Kiper an idiot, who knows nothing,

Like you say, he might miss on a player, so does Maycock, and McShay...and everyone who predicts based on college performance...but he's a font of knowledge, when it comes to what they've done, strengths and weaknesses, etc.

Nobody should use one-person's opinion, to pick likely NFL successes, and certainly not to make a decision about who is right for any particular team.

I don't get the Kiper hate. Sure, he's a big-haired fool, but the guy is totally immersed in the draft. Maycock might be better, but that doesn't make Kiper an idiot, who knows nothing,

Like you say, he might miss on a player, so does Maycock, and McShay...and everyone who predicts based on college performance...but he's a font of knowledge, when it comes to what they've done, strengths and weaknesses, etc.

Nobody should use one-person's opinion, to pick likely NFL successes, and certainly not to make a decision about who is right for any particular team.

Absolutely. Its incredibly hard to guage if a player is going to be good at the NFL level. And he knows all the ins and outs of most players getting ready to enter the draft. I dont hate kiper at all, I do think he maybe be a little full of himself sometimes, but then again maybe he is just confident. Who do you think we will take at number 11? I think if Raji DT from Boston is there you have to take him. We f'd up not taking ngata and imagain raji next to stroud.

Absolutely. Its incredibly hard to guage if a player is going to be good at the NFL level. And he knows all the ins and outs of most players getting ready to enter the draft. I dont hate kiper at all, I do think he maybe be a little full of himself sometimes, but then again maybe he is just confident. Who do you think we will take at number 11? I think if Raji DT from Boston is there you have to take him. We f'd up not taking ngata and imagain raji next to stroud.

The Ngata thing is in the past, and nobody knows what he would have done in a Bills' uni, or if he would have made a big difference in the overall D. In retrospect, I think it looks like he may have done fine, in the 4-3...but there were questions at the time, and we can't know for sure.

I think you need to judge the draft by the players you actually picked, and ask if they are what the team thought they were getting, when they pulled the trigger. A fan of almost any team can find a player that was picked after a player his team picked (many times even in the 1st and 2nd rounds) and say "this guy is better than who we picked". It's a fool's mission, IMO, to go and do that. Clearly Donte is what they thought he would be (haters on the board will differ), so I think they are fine with that pick. But, they were also counting on McCargo to be a quality DT...that's the part that went wrong, at least so far.

But, let's not get caught up in past drafts, as nobody is going to be changing their minds about what the Bills should, or should not, have done. Let's focus the discussion on this draft.

I think the only clear picks, if they were available are Curry (no shot at being there) and Raji (possible, but not likely, IMO). If one of these guys is available, I will be shocked if the Bills do not take him. (Unless there are some negatives, or weaknesses, about these guys that I have yet to hear.)

Close to "clear picks", but maybe with some considerations that make them slightly questionable, are Orakpo (who, I hear, is very high on the Bills' list) and Everette Brown. From what I know, I'd be happy with either. I'd love to hear more about these guys from those who follow their college teams, and have seen them play game-after-game.

Just below that are solid choices, maybe with some reservations: Maualuga (maybe he belongs in that last group?), Cushing, and Pettigrew (I really hope they don't do this in the first round. I hear they are hoping to get Coffman, later in the draft.)

Then you have some wild cards: Maybin (Bills have shown interest. He may be gone by then, too.), Ayers (is #11 too high? Is he right for this D?), any of the available OTs (are they good enough for this draft slot? I have my doubts).

Best player available might be CB Malcolm Jenkins (might not be there, though), but I really doubt the Bills go DB, this year. If they do, I will likely join Bill from NYC in denouncing the move.

Yes, I left out a few prospects (forgot, don't think they belong in the #11 discussion, or just don't know enough about them) and I haven't discussed a trade up, or down...not that I'm against it, it's just VERY unlikely to happen, as too many things have to go just right, for a good trade to be made.

My early prediction: Orakpo.

The Ngata thing is in the past, and nobody knows what he would have done in a Bills' uni, or if he would have made a big difference in the overall D. In retrospect, I think it looks like he may have done fine, in the 4-3...but there were questions at the time, and we can't know for sure.

I think you need to judge the draft by the players you actually picked, and ask if they are what the team thought they were getting, when they pulled the trigger. A fan of almost any team can find a player that was picked after a player his team picked (many times even in the 1st and 2nd rounds) and say "this guy is better than who we picked". It's a fool's mission, IMO, to go and do that. Clearly Donte is what they thought he would be (haters on the board will differ), so I think they are fine with that pick. But, they were also counting on McCargo to be a quality DT...that's the part that went wrong, at least so far.

But, let's not get caught up in past drafts, as nobody is going to be changing their minds about what the Bills should, or should not, have done. Let's focus the discussion on this draft.

I think the only clear picks, if they were available are Curry (no shot at being there) and Raji (possible, but not likely, IMO). If one of these guys is available, I will be shocked if the Bills do not take him. (Unless there are some negatives, or weaknesses, about these guys that I have yet to hear.)

Close to "clear picks", but maybe with some considerations that make them slightly questionable, are Orakpo (who, I hear, is very high on the Bills' list) and Everette Brown. From what I know, I'd be happy with either. I'd love to hear more about these guys from those who follow their college teams, and have seen them play game-after-game.

Just below that are solid choices, maybe with some reservations: Maualuga (maybe he belongs in that last group?), Cushing, and Pettigrew (I really hope they don't do this in the first round. I hear they are hoping to get Coffman, later in the draft.)

Then you have some wild cards: Maybin (Bills have shown interest. He may be gone by then, too.), Ayers (is #11 too high? Is he right for this D?), any of the available OTs (are they good enough for this draft slot? I have my doubts).

Best player available might be CB Malcolm Jenkins (might not be there, though), but I really doubt the Bills go DB, this year. If they do, I will likely join Bill from NYC in denouncing the move.

Yes, I left out a few prospects (forgot, don't think they belong in the #11 discussion, or just don't know enough about them) and I haven't discussed a trade up, or down...not that I'm against it, it's just VERY unlikely to happen, as too many things have to go just right, for a good trade to be made.

My early prediction: Orakpo.

just what we need -

another highly disciplined and motivated player from the Mack Brown system

The nice thing is that there's two years left on his contract, which is attractively priced. It isn't like the usual case of the player finishing the last year of his contract, where the team has to negotiate the contract as part of the trade. The risk for the team is that he'll hold-out for a year or two.

that may be true but a team isn't going to trade for a disgruntled player and finish out his remaining contract. they're going to give him what he wants.......... more money.

14,000 posts like this?

late 1st round picks turn into crap shoot players - like McCargo

especially when the pcks are made by our crackerjack talent evaluators

they lucked into a Pro Bowl LT (after cutting him) --just extend the guy

I think its more of our "talent evaluators" than the later picks. Give me a no nonsense blue collar type player-Alex Mack type-they pan out