I am very impressed with the way that

You know, I will admit that only a week ago Terrell Owens was my most hated player in the NFL. I even hated him more than Tom Brady and Pac Man.

When I first heard we got him it was a feeling of absoute conflict. The most conflict I have ever felt with sports.

I expected the worst.

But then I saw his interviews, I saw the rest of the Bills talk about him, learned how the whole deal went down, and I can lie to myself no more; This guy is saying ALL the right things.

I know that it is early, but all I can say is that I've got that feeling again, at least a little bit.

That feeling I had going into the Steeler 3rd string game; that feeling that I had for only a minute or so after Christie kicked that field goal in the music city miracle game, that feeling I had last year after we beat the Chargers.

Dont Fu** it up Dick-Ralph-Guy-Modrak-Russ-etc!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know that the Bills-TO relationship is still in it's infancy, but could it have gone any better up to this point?

First impressions are important.

I believe you just suffered a premature evaluation. Don't worry...happens to the best of us.

Are you serious? It has been what 5 and a half days? He hasn't even put a pair of shorts on yet much less a helmet and pads. Give it time, this is what he has done everywhere. Just the calm before the storm. It doesn't take much to impress you does it?

I agree with you his first steps have been most positive. He nothing but polite and well spoken in his initial interviews.

From Chris Browns log :

coach Dick Jauron was asked if he expected Terrell Owens to be in attendance for all the offseason workouts (OTAs, minicamps). With those camps not being mandatory, except for the final minicamp in mid-June, Jauron understandably, did not want to make declarations on Owens plans.

“ Terrell in the past has not been involved in all of those things,” said Jauron. ”My hope is that he’s here. He knows how important it is for us, particularly in his first year with us, and the relationship with the whole football team for any of our guys. We’re hoping that he’s here.”

Though he’s probably not going to be at all the voluntary camps, you don’t have to worry about the guy being in top physical shape.

Will be interesting to see how much he does participate. It would speak volumes if he is there with the rest of guys...

TO has consistently said the right things at each stop but something seems to happen. I would say that the media is mostly responsible for the reputation TO has. They created it by goating him into conversations and hanging on every word. TO does put his foot in his mouth but i don't think he is being vengeful. I just think he is trying to be intellegent or funny but he screws it up. His press conference he said two things that he thought were intellegent or funny but it turned out wrong. Not bad just wrong. "Beat to my own Beat" and "left america's team for north America's team". The first he just screwed up an old saying and the 2nd he said with a smile on his face. He was trying to be funny and give the Bills some credit. It just sounded odd to me.

Dick Jauron said today that Emotional outbursts happen all the time. If TO has a outburst people need to respect what he is saying and not just try to sweep it under the rug. Every team had done that so far until this point. Players need to not let the emotion of the game ruin relationships on the locker room. Everyone here should be well versed in the battles between Andre Reed and Jim Kelly back i the old days. Back then there weren't as many camera or the internet so nobody cared.

TO is a fantastic football player. He has put so many QB's on the map it's just dumb. People need to ask themself who would Jeff Garcia, Tony Romo, and Donovan Mcnabb be today with him? Mcnabb was doing well before TO but they didnt' get to the superbowl and almost win it without TO.

I agree. TO's been unjerklike. Look, give him time and maybe he'll realize finishing strong and making a good impression by being a good teamate will win him points when the Hall of Fame comes around.

I heard him on the edge today and I thought he sounded like his attitude was positive about Buffalo. If I find the link I'll post it.

Guest dog14787
TO has consistently said the right things at each stop but something seems to happen. I would say that the media is mostly responsible for the reputation TO has. They created it by goating him into conversations and hanging on every word. TO does put his foot in his mouth but i don't think he is being vengeful. I just think he is trying to be intellegent or funny but he screws it up. His press conference he said two things that he thought were intellegent or funny but it turned out wrong. Not bad just wrong. "Beat to my own Beat" and "left america's team for north America's team". The first he just screwed up an old saying and the 2nd he said with a smile on his face. He was trying to be funny and give the Bills some credit. It just sounded odd to me.

Dick Jauron said today that Emotional outbursts happen all the time. If TO has a outburst people need to respect what he is saying and not just try to sweep it under the rug. Every team had done that so far until this point. Players need to not let the emotion of the game ruin relationships on the locker room. Everyone here should be well versed in the battles between Andre Reed and Jim Kelly back i the old days. Back then there weren't as many camera or the internet so nobody cared.

TO is a fantastic football player. He has put so many QB's on the map it's just dumb. People need to ask themself who would Jeff Garcia, Tony Romo, and Donovan Mcnabb be today with him? Mcnabb was doing well before TO but they didnt' get to the superbowl and almost win it without TO.

In my opinion Trent Edwards is the first real leader at the QB position TO has ever played with, I mean Mcnabb and Romo are great QB's but they joke around to much and lack focus, plus they are not so great when it comes to leadership. TE on the other hand is smart, unselfish, he's a team comes first kind of guy, and TE has shown great chroise and leadership abilities so far in his young career.

TO is going to have a real hard time finding fault with TE because they both have the same work ethic and burning desire to win.

Maybe i am optimistic but maybe Buffalo just works for TO. The fans always embrace players and the stadium is always rockin. He is going to like that.

My mother asked me about TO and her parting words were "People deserve another chance".

In a sick way, I'm almost curious what he'll accuse Trent about. He already called one QB gay; said another one was jealous of him; and finally accused the last one of a bromance with his tight end.

That said, I think this season TO will be in check because he has to be. At least, that's my hope.

i believe TO will keep his mouth shut. if he keeps quiet puts up good numbers and helps the bills to the playoffs he might get his last decent contract before retirement.

The facts of the situation strike me as this:

1. In order to become a cancer dividing the team anybody be it TO or whomever needs to likely play for a team for a year building friendships and winning the hearts and minds of fans. Even if he wanted to it is incredibly difficult to see how any player is gonna divide the team under his 1 year deal.

2. Its a situation where everybody and his grandma are fully aware of the TO antics and like it or not these are to some extent an everyone from other team leaders, coaches, and the media are on the lookout for any antics.

3. All signs (besides his agent Rosenhaus) point to this being a buyers market for TO's services with several seemingly credible reports that we were the only serious suitor. At any rate, TO needs BOTH a solid year (he is older and in decline but even in decline he gained over a 1000 yards and scored at least 10 TDs in each of the last three seasons) and also need to not be judged a troublemaker. If TO fails in either task he runs a serious risk of at best being able to get an NFL contract for the vet minimum with incentives and if the Bills do something like cut him he would likely lose the NFL meal ticket forever.

The Bills have the ability to not go after him or even cut him and all signs point to them even having retained the ability to tag him if he is so great we want him back.

Idiocy can happen anywhere and actually seems to have the keys to TO's house, but really the chances of him being anything worse than a mistake we can quite easily walk away from seem pretty small.