Just how bad is Buffalo nightlife?

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, let's shift the discussion back to night life from murder rates. How's the club scene in Niagara Falls ON? Anything qualify as a night club there?

PTR

no, outside of Chicago and Toronto, there is not a city in the region that has clubs that are on par with NY, Miami, etc.

but it will NOT be an issue.

TO gets enough of the party life living in Miami through the offseason. He will not be worried about the lack of clubs.

I'm not sure I got my answer here. So what you are all saying is that Buffalo is full of bars but not a single night club? There is not one single place anywhere in the city that has club-style dj;s and dancing? No place that even attempts to resemble a NYC or Toronto night spot? If true that's pretty sad.

PTR

Look guys with TO's flash cash and good looks he will have a great time. Just get a limo and do the Buffalo Clubs the Niagara falls Clubs and the Toronto Clubs. Don't drive the limo and leave the hardware at home. There are people with pistol permits who will be glad to drive your car.

I DO KNOW PEPOLE IN BUFFALO HAVE NO CLASS AT ALL. THIER RUDE ,DRUNK AND THINK THEY KNOW IT ALL I CAN NEVER REMEMBER BEING THERE WHERE THEY WERE NOT

SO MR. KNOW-IT-ALL YOURSELF, WHERE ARE YOU FROM TO MAKE A STATEMENT LIKE THAT???!

Okay, let's shift the discussion back to night life from murder rates. How's the club scene in Niagara Falls ON? Anything qualify as a night club there?

PTR

A couple of the Bills players are known to visit a place called "Dragonfly" in the the Falls. And of course the Sundowner. While Buffalo may be somewhat lacking in nightlife compared to places like Miami and NY, Toronto is only a short clip away and offers fabulous nightlife on par with party cities like Miami and NY.

Hey Guys,

This is my first post. I've been trolling for a few years now and have felt compelled to add my voice many times, but haven't. Laziness I suppose. I love the site and is very interesting reading. We have first rate fans and I think that is why this site is so good. I now live in New Orleans and, like Buffalo, there is always talk of relocation. I'll tell you this now, both teams are going nowhere! Like the Bills, the Saints have an educated and savvy fan base. They eat, breath, and eat football all day long here, as well. Like Buffalo, N.O. gets ridiculed for being a backwater. It's far from it. I guess this is where this post connects with Buffalo's nightlife. Buffalo is a fine place to play. There is plenty to do in Buffalo. I always enjoy my visits. Buffalo is a hard partying town and you gotta love it. There are plenty of places for good food and drink. If you really want to go to high end clubs, Toronto is close by. Having said that, there are plenty of down to earth local hangs that are great. Two places off the top of my head are The Pink and Cozomel's. Ultimately, as a fan, we don't want our players out partying during the season. They are payed to play football. I party a lot, but I don't want to be partying with the players on the team during the season. I want them focussed on football. Let us drink the booze, smoke some weed, and do a bump. That's for us, not the players. Offseason is a different story as long as the players don't get carried away (no coke, not tons of booze, and plenty of weed is o.k., by me). So, let's stop worrying about what T.O. thinks of our nightlife. He will figure it out how he wants. If we see him out partying too hard, take him home. Tell him you will be his chofuer (sp?) around town for the entire offseason after we win the Super Bowl! Anyway, Buffalo is a great party town and T.O., I think, will really come to appreciate Buffalo. It's a great town mired in an economical rut, much like Elmira, where I grew up. Besides bars and food, you have great architecture and natural surroundings. Don't be your own worst enemies ( those still living there), and focus on what is good about Buffalo. I know it's tough at the end of your long winter to be optimistic, but the days are getting longer, the sun is about to shine more, and football season is a few short months away. Enjoy!

Buffalo wishes they could develop their waterfront like Baltimore did.

Indeed...a Hard Rock cafe, an ESPNzone...and an aquarium. and guess we need to lobby MLB for a team and new waterfront stadium. And some other commercialized stuff...it's a good way to distract from much of the rest of the city. I read where Cleveland also gave that a shot but they don't get much attention for it anymore.

Indeed...a Hard Rock cafe, an ESPNzone...and an aquarium. and guess we need to lobby MLB for a team and new waterfront stadium. And some other commercialized stuff...it's a good way to distract from much of the rest of the city. I read where Cleveland also gave that a shot but they don't get much attention for it anymore.

I think Bass Pro was supposed to be the first step. How long has that dragged on? Maybe by the 22nd century we'll finally get it done.

PTR

Ah, I see the problem here. You're a douchebag, with poor grammar and spelling ability, as well. I apologize for treating you like a human being.

I would like to apologize to anyone who was offended by some stupid statements about buffaloians being rude and all that other garbage that was wrote here. THEY WHERE POSTED BY MY DAUGHTERS BOY FRIEND WHO IS A STINKING COWBOYS FAN and by no means does it reflects my views of buffalo. I have nothig against the city of buffalo or the peapole.i was just dumd enough to leave the room without logging out.

For better or worse, it's still a helluva lot more than what they've been able to accomplish in Buffalo. What do we have to show - Bass Pro? Really?! Really?! Oh wait....still no Bass Pro - doomed!

I was born and raised in Buffalo, then I joined the Military and moved away in 1992 and now live in Las Vegas.

No doubt, few cities compare to the nightlife of Vegas, but after years of partying stateside as well as oversees, there is something unique about returning to the Buffalo Nightlife scene.

I guess you can divide the nightlife into three types of advice. --Here they are in my opinion.

If you lived there before, then it's a great place. Any local bar will provide old high school friends that either still work at the establishment or have been frequenting the place since the time you left. I usually get the 'your money is no good here' answer as old aquaintences buy shots and keep the rounds coming. ---Great cionversation, usually about football or hockey seem to be the topic of choice, while splurging on Canadian beer that is hard to find in any cities South of the state of Pennsylvania are my favorite choices. Adding some beef on weck, wings or the occasional Salem hot dog with webers mustard after downing a few cold ones tends to make me feel 21 again.

If you are a 'tourist' then you have to check out Chippewa. Bars and clubs full of 'big hair' blaring music left over from the early 90's as well as decent dance clubs give the average person a great smorgasboard of Buffalo Nightlife. Finish it off with a street dog while standing or some late night Greek food and a cab ride home and it will be a good night. The atmosphere of a Saturday night before a home game is quite exciting, especially knowing a full day of hungover tailgating is on its way within hours.

Lastly, If you are T.O. with a pocketful of cash and enough popularity to draw a crowd, it may NOT be such a wonderful experience. VIP treatment is subpar and from what I've seen, there aren't many 'private' booths or VIP rooms to keep it exciting week to week. Perhaps a stop at some finer resturants with bars in them at a nice hotel or maybe a place like Olivers comes to mind, and you will get good food, good service with a nice atmosphere and a 'mature' setting. --But then again, if you are that wealthy, then you probably have a fully staffed home with a bar and fine food in it anyways. A guy like T.O may want to skip town and head to Toronto or NYC for a night of 'big city' partying.

Just my thoughts.....Damn, Imiss Webers!

For better or worse, it's still a helluva lot more than what they've been able to accomplish in Buffalo. What do we have to show - Bass Pro? Really?! Really?! Oh wait....still no Bass Pro - doomed!

And the novelty of it wears off quickly. How many times are you going to visit an aquarium? Probably as many times as you visit a Bass Pro.

And the novelty of it wears off quickly. How many times are you going to visit an aquarium? Probably as many times as you visit a Bass Pro.

I'd probably visit a Bass Pro a lot more, since they sell stuff I might want to buy and don't charge an admission fee.