bills44

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

You sure you're in Ithaca? :D

Cornell plays RPI at Lynah rink this weekend.

Wow I'm embarrassed. I've had a complete disjoint from hockey this year, because I'm the play by play commentator for Cornell women's basketball. Since they both generally play on Friday and Saturday at 7 o clock, I haven't gotten the chance to physically follow the hockey team, basically I've been relegated to looking at box scores.

I know that the ECAC semifinals and championship game are hosted in Albany over our spring break and I guess I just got my timeline messed up. To be honest, basketball has actually become more of a buzz around here.

So a big old :oops: from me. I guess I've lost all rights to a Lynah salute. :doh:

Yeah, RPI sucks this year though, I'm not too worried. The one thing that concerns me is that the ECAC tourney is in Albany, which essentially makes it a home game for RPI.

Sadly, after 2 very strong years and almost reaching the frozen four, my Knights got bounced this past weekend by Union.

Wow I'm embarrassed. I've had a complete disjoint from hockey this year, because I'm the play by play commentator for Cornell women's basketball. Since they both generally play on Friday and Saturday at 7 o clock, I haven't gotten the chance to physically follow the hockey team, basically I've been relegated to looking at box scores.

I know that the ECAC semifinals and championship game are hosted in Albany over our spring break and I guess I just got my timeline messed up. To be honest, basketball has actually become more of a buzz around here.

So a big old :D from me. I guess I've lost all rights to a Lynah salute. :oops:

That's cool that your getting into sports broadcastig like that, you do anything else for Cornell in that regard? Pretty cool story, I went to Oswego for undergrad and during my freshman year they opened up a new ice hockey arena for the team, which is by far the most popular sports program at the school. Anyways, Steve Levy graduated from Oswego years ago and was also their hockey play-by-play guy when he was attending and he came back for the opening and he did the play-by-play for the first game in the arena that night. It was an awesome game/broadcast. Wish I would've looked more into that career field, and still have regrets about not doing so today. Good luck with it.

Wow I'm embarrassed. I've had a complete disjoint from hockey this year, because I'm the play by play commentator for (insert any college) women's basketball.

My condolences. How anyone can get excited watching those nags plod up and down the court is beyond me.

Go Heels! 6-2 against the Dookies over the past four years, and Roy has the #1 class in the nation coming in next season.

That's cool that your getting into sports broadcastig like that, you do anything else for Cornell in that regard? Pretty cool story, I went to Oswego for undergrad and during my freshman year they opened up a new ice hockey arena for the team, which is by far the most popular sports program at the school. Anyways, Steve Levy graduated from Oswego years ago and was also their hockey play-by-play guy when he was attending and he came back for the opening and he did the play-by-play for the first game in the arena that night. It was an awesome game/broadcast. Wish I would've looked more into that career field, and still have regrets about not doing so today. Good luck with it.

Thanks a lot, that is a cool story. I'm a big Steve Levy fan. The ladies' bball games are on WVBR which is a student/commercial station, so those are on actual airwaves. We did all 26 of their games this year, and I picked up SO much experience from doing an entire season instead of just a home game here or there.

I also broadcast Cornell baseball games, but those are just for the Cornell athletics website. I'd love to try my hand at hockey, but a local ESPN affiliate has the rights to men's basketball and hockey so I'm kinda screwed there. I could try women's hockey, but I'm fine with my niche right now.

My condolences. How anyone can get excited watching those nags plod up and down the court is beyond me.

Go Heels! 6-2 against the Dookies over the past four years, and Roy has the #1 class in the nation coming in next season.

Careful, buddy, my girlfriend's on that team. And she doesn't do any plodding. :D

Though she does tend to nag...

The '09 class looks like it is going to be a GREAT one. Henson should be a beast early on, and Leslie McDonald is going to be a solid 4-year player. My favorite player of the class is Dexter Strickland. Going to be a top scorer within the first year or two. In the Rashad McCants/Joe Forte mode. These guys coming in, along with Tyler Zeller, Thompson, Ed Davis, Drew III, and possibly even Ellington and Lawson (Though I highly doubt Ty will stay in school), should make for a very quick turnaround after this years run.

The '09 class looks like it is going to be a GREAT one. Henson should be a beast early on, and Leslie McDonald is going to be a solid 4-year players. My favorite player of the class is Dexter Strickland. Going to be a top scorer within the first year or two. In the Rashad McCants/Joe Forte mode. These guys coming in, along with Tyler Zeller, Thompson, Ed Davis, Drew III, and possibly even Ellington and Lawson (Though I highly doubt Ty will stay in school), should make for a very quick turnaround after this years run.

Do not worry about UNC, they do not rebuild they just reload. Old Roy has really got that program humming. I used to be a big NC fan(my older sister went to undergrad school there). Last few years I have really found it hard to route for them because they are just so dam talented & good. It almost seems like routing for the Yankees. If they play their game in the Dance I can not see any team beating them.

Do not worry about UNC, they do not rebuild they just reload. Old Roy has really got that program humming. I used to be a big NC fan(my older sister went to undergrad school there). Last few years I have really found it hard to route for them because they are just so dam talented & good. It almost seems like routing for the Yankees. If they play their game in the Dance I can not see any team beating them.

They really just need to make sure they maintain their focus in half-court defensive sets. That is the only flaw I can see with this team, and a big part of the reason is Marcus Ginyard being unavailable. If they do that, all of their offense and transition game should fall into place nicely. Oh, and Ginyard is another guy who will be back next year. Forgot about that until just now, key glue guy that any team would love to have.