bills44

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Most overrated? Yes. Greatest? Hardly.

I could go on and on, but I won't right now.

http://truthaboutduke.com/

Haha it was a joke lighten up..I'm a Duke fan so of course I'm a homer...but they are one of the best..anone who doesn't believe that Duke has been one of the best college b-ball schools ever since coach K took over is just being nieve or ignorant

And since it's a .com website I'll take it with a grain of salt...just like I do with half the stuff people write about and say on espn...don't believe everything you read

Haha it was a joke lighten up..I'm a Duke fan so of course I'm a homer...but they are one of the best..anone who doesn't believe that Duke has been one of the best college b-ball schools ever since coach K took over is just being nieve or ignorant

And since it's a .com website I'll take it with a grain of salt...just like I do with half the stuff people write about and say on espn...don't believe everything you read

I despise Duke blowing should-win games. :blink:

GO DUKE!!! NC Sucks!!!

I despise Duke blowing should-win games. :blink:

I agree..I feel your pain...I actually for a while felt like we had a chance at the title this year (right in line with when we were # 1 btw is it sad I knew we'd lose not shortly thereafter because it's what Duke does when they are ranked #1)..but then...well..the rest of the season idk if we are gonna make it to the elite eight

They're definitely one of the top 10 basketball programs over the past 20-25 years. However, in recent years, they have underachieved, considering the number of McD AAs they reel in year after year.

I'm sure that TAD twists things out of context, but I remember some of those things occurring back in the day (the Maggette/Myron Piggie nonsense, and the ensuing "Myra and Piggie" hilarity come to mind). And anyone can tune in (if you can bear listening to Dukie Vitale and Mike Patrick and verbally fellate all things Duke) and watch the Rat bully the refs virtually every game.

I don't know if I've ever admitted this, but I actually used to kind of like Duke, until Laettner went there.

Anyhow, the Nolan Smith article linked above is a good read.

They're definitely one of the top 10 basketball programs over the past 20-25 years. However, in recent years, they have underachieved, considering the number of McD AAs they reel in year after year.

I'm sure that TAD twists things out of context, but I remember some of those things occurring back in the day (the Maggette/Myron Piggie nonsense, and the ensuing "Myra and Piggie" hilarity come to mind). And anyone can tune in (if you can bear listening to Dukie Vitale and Mike Patrick and verbally fellate all things Duke) and watch the Rat bully the refs virtually every game.

I don't know if I've ever admitted this, but I actually used to kind of like Duke, until Laettner went there.

Anyhow, the Nolan Smith article linked above is a good read.

I agree with the bolded...h/e even though they reel in mcD's all americans they are usually only 3 or 4 star spects...idk y we can't get any 5 star recruits but w/e that's Coach K's problem soo yea mcD's all americans but not as good as other schools prospects i think your putting too much weight into that..And I LOVE DICKY V o yea BABY

I honestly think that the McD AA Selection Committee chooses some of those kids because they're Duke signees.

How else can you justify Greg Paulus' selection?

He had a decient freshman year..but has really sucked since

Wasn't Paulus considered one of the best athletes in the country? If I remember correctly, he was a heck of a quarterback prospect too...

IDK about him being a prized QB recruit but yea he came to Duke with alot of hype as maybe the greatest point guard talent wise the school had ever seen and has done squat...

Wasn't Paulus considered one of the best athletes in the country? If I remember correctly, he was a heck of a quarterback prospect too...

Krzyzewski made him choose between hoops and football. Paulus made the wrong choice.

I'm a Cuse fan. I hate Duke, but i respect Coach K. Duke is good year in and year out because Coach K is one of the best coaches in the history of basketball (NBA included). He often takes inferior talent and coaches them into a position to win.

I can only wish Jim Boeheim could take his super talented basketball team, get away from letting his players play street ball and not blow 10 point leads with 5 minutes to go in the game.

You also have the most ridiculous list of teams to root for. Giants? How can you root for the Giants and be a Bills fan?