the talking heads did not want TO in B-LO

well, i never thought it to be true, but now i can see it. espn and most other media outlets hate the bills. it's not that they hate the wny area, or the people, but hate what the bills stand for in pro sports being a "small market" team. for the most part, since the TO signing was announced, most major media outlets i have looked at or listened to have dogged the bills. "TO will implode the locker room", "the bills are reaching to sell tickets", "why would TO go small market", ect, ect, ect, negative statements.

now the talking heads will have to give the bills air time. oh what will they do without being able to talk 24-7 about the cowboys , pats*, jets and giants.

damn it, there goes the ratings.....

first, for all the heads that are spewing the crap about the locker room, if they actually did their jobs and reported on SPORTS instead of 3 to 6 TEAMS, they would all know that the bills have no locker room presence right now. not a player, not the coach, not the owner. so how will TO effect something that is non existent?

second, about reaching to sell tickets, such short memories these douche bags have.

not so long ago the sports media's beloved patriots were almost no more, with game attendance that rivaled the florida marlins and tampa bay DEVIL rays(not including playoffs :thumbsup:). oh yeah, new england is a big market team. during that same time the bills small market has managed to sell out almost every game in a stadium that holds more than 95% of other nfl stadiums.

third, why would TO go small market--- 2 reasons.

1.MONEY being the most important reason. (no need to explain)

2.redemption. TO was imho teetering on being blackballed out of the league for things he may or may not have done in the past. the fact that bills players are more accessible to fans than most other nfl cities may help TO mentally. there are not too many people age 30 or older that have not gotten an autograph in person of kelly,bruce,thurman,reed,ect if they wanted one or carried a conversation on with one of them either. actual interaction with working class fans might do TO some good. also if he screws up here, he's done in the nfl....period.

i hope TO comes in, plays all-pro football, teaches the young players a thing or two about dedication, and is as quiet as a church mouse. if he doesnt, big deal, it's only one year. but there is a reason a fair amount of pro athletes decide to stay around here when it's all over.

for mort and all the other blow hards spouting off, i hope this time TO can say they were all wrong, and credit buffalo for making it so.

Yes, thank you for your opinion! T.O. is exactly what this team needs. Even if he does terrible (which I highly doubt, considering he's in a contract year) he will be a much needed media shot in the arm. Buffalo isn't even done with free agency or the draft yet! This is the boldest move of the decade in my opinion next to the Patriots getting Randy Moss. And tell me what warm blooded NFL fan won't enjoy seeing T.O. vs. Moss twice a year?

I just heard the Pasquarelli interview about it. He sounds extremely bitter about Buffalo and bitter about TO. Past the point of sounding objective at all.

sad thing is that up until the past few years, len pasquarelli was usually good. maybe reporting on the cowboys wore on him and turned him bitter towards everything

I heard Mort's interview....he said "Obviously the Bills coaching had not input into this decision"

So you don't have a source or backup for that Mort? It's just obvious? Great reporting.

Mort sets a high standard for himself, but that may the single most FOS remark he's ever made concerning the Bills.

It is funny how they all became so outspoken against Buffalo for signing TO..Its like we dont deserve to sign a MArquee player even if it is a screwup like TO. I just turn em off now just like GR...No reason wasting my time on bad opinions..

Most of the media will say negative things about the Bills, but screw them they really don't know what they are talking about. I will say John Seibel was mostly positive about TO in Buffalo last night on espn radio.

As far as the small market if you factor in Southern Ontario and all of WNY including Rochester the Bills have a good size fan base and media market. I think TO will help promote us throughout Southern Ontario, which could be a good think for the franchise.