Report from Pennsylvania

For the first time, perhaps ever, I really think this idea of heavy turnout is going to be true. Listening to stories on the radio from voters all over and what they went through to try to get to vote (going through hoops and hoops because of tactics by BOTH parties) was remarkable. This is going to be one wild and ugly ride.

Looks like an extra "700 people" turned out in PA.

Drudge:

Before voting even began in downtown Philladelphia -- poll watchers found nearly 700 votes already planted on machines... The incident occurred at 2601 N. 11th St., Philadelphia, Pa... Developing...

Now, i am hoping these are absentee ballots left in a bad place, or poll workers who voted early or some other benign reason...I will withold judgement until then. Lets just hope someone wins PA by at least 3%

Drudge:

Before voting even began in downtown Philladelphia -- poll watchers found nearly 700 votes already planted on machines... The incident occurred at 2601 N. 11th St., Philadelphia, Pa... Developing...

Now, i am hoping these are absentee ballots left in a bad place, or poll workers who voted early or some other benign reason...I will withold judgement until then.  Lets just hope someone wins PA by at least 3%

96361[/snapback]

Voter fraud in Philly? Never happen. [/sarcasm]

Drudge:

Now, i am hoping these are absentee ballots left in a bad place, or poll workers who voted early or some other benign reason...I will withold judgement until then.  Lets just hope someone wins PA by at least 3%

96361[/snapback]

Stop quoting Drudge like it's a reliable source.

As I said in the other thread... heavy turnout in Philly. Took me an hour to vote. Many people who vote in the city are still in line and not yet at work (these are not the type of people who are just looking for an excuse to miss work). I DO care who wins, but I'd be thrilled if 2000 taught people a lesson abotu the value of their votes. It would really be great.

The poll-workers in my district said they had never seen it like this at 7 AM (I agree, but I've voted in my district for only 5 years).

Listen, I posted this story and said I hope its not what it looks like. I am taking a very careful position on this until the facts come out. However once 700 votes at one precint, it has been changed to 2000 votes at 4 locations and growing. This could be a MAJOR scandal, thats why I am posting this. Drudge doesnt just make this stuff up. There is some basis for it. Like I said though, its possible there is a legit reason for this, and thus i am witholding judgement. Notice in NONE of what is posted does it give ANY indication as to whom these votes are for. It doesnt matter.

Far heavier than I could have imagined. Got there 5 minutes after the polls opened and waited for an hour.

Felt good to finally flush the Johns, though!

96254[/snapback]

Yea, but it now looks like there may already be some hanky panky in Philly.

Apparantly poll watchers found nearly 2000 votes already planted on machines scattered throught downtown.

Looks like it is going to be a long day for PA poll watchers......if this is starting already I can just imagine what the rest of the day will bring.

Listen, I posted this story and said I hope its not what it looks like.  I am taking a very careful position on this until the facts come out.  However once 700 votes at one precint, it has been changed to 2000 votes at 4 locations and growing.  This could be a MAJOR scandal, thats why I am posting this.  Drudge doesnt just make this stuff up.  There is some basis for it.  Like I said though, its possible there is a legit reason for this, and thus i am witholding judgement.  Notice in NONE of what is posted does it give ANY indication as to whom these votes are for.  It doesnt matter.

96399[/snapback]

I'm just asking you to wait until another, actual reliable source, runs the story. Drudge runs EVERY story without regard to truth. I'm not saying there's no voter fraud in Philly or anywhere, but Drudge is not a good source of info. And yes, I'd take a FoxNews story - that network is slanted, but they have some integrity.

A gun was purposely made visible to scare poll watchers at Ward 30, division 11, at 905 S. 20th St., Grand Court. Police were called and surrounded the location... Developing..

Now I'm beyond concerned, Its only 10am. I don't care which side is responsible for this, this is NOT what a democracy is about. Anything to be elected.

Im not saying drudge is the gospel, but he doesnt flat out make stuff up. He is often the one who breaks the news first. Yes he reports on alot of trivial things, some of which dont go mainstream. Please provide me an instance where drudge was flat out wrong on something.

drudgereport eh?

96448[/snapback]

Often times Drudge does nothing but report raw facts. Which later are reported as more complete stories on other news services. I just talked to a friend in Philly that says this is on the news there.

I don't know how they do it in PA...but here I had to sign by my name as a registered voter in a poll book in order to vote. So is someone forging signatures or something?

96446[/snapback]

I think the claim (stressing: claim) is that the machines showed up with votes already tallied even though there were none cast yet.