OT: Wrestling?

mcjeff215

I got hooked into it for a number of reasons......

First....my own grandmother used to love this stuff.....so I watched with her as a kid.....

At my very fist job as a kid I worked in a steak house and who should walk in but none other then the Bird Man....Koko B. Ware (he used to come in with a parrot on his shoulder) a really nice guy

Then....when me and my future wife met up (I was deciding what to do with my life since my football aspirations were coming to an end) she was a G.L.O.W. wrestler (Georgous Ladies of Wrestling) so I have been around people in the sport personally

I have also in my contacts had the pleasure to meet and keep in touch with Bill Goldberg. I also had the opportunity to meet Andre the Giant

I dont watch it too much nowadays (just dont have the time) but my favorites over the years have been Hulk Hogan, The Ultimate Warrior, Big John Studd, Jimmy Superfly Snuka, and Ricky Steamboat

I used to watch wrestling with my dad when I was a young kid. The Undertaker, The Rockers shawn michaels and marty janetty, Rowdy Roddy Piper, Hogan, The Hart foundation, Jake the snake etc. I've heard stories about the NWA in the 1980's and from what I've heard I really missed out. I never enjoyed wrestling more than from 96-2000. The NWO was the greatest thing ever, and not the crap red and black version. The original nWo. Scott Hall, Kevin Nash, Hogan. The monday night wars were great. Watching one while flipping to the other cause they were both interesting storylines being played out. Now it's just total trash that is down right degrading and puts me to sleep, that I refuse to watch.

I  used to watch wrestling with my dad when I was a young kid. The Undertaker, The Rockers shawn michaels and marty janetty, Rowdy Roddy Piper, Hogan, The Hart foundation, Jake the snake etc.  I've heard stories about the NWA in the 1980's and from what I've heard I really missed out.  I never enjoyed wrestling more than from 96-2000.  The NWO was the greatest thing ever, and not the crap red and black version. The original nWo.  Scott Hall, Kevin Nash, Hogan.  The monday night wars were great. Watching one while flipping to the other cause they were both interesting storylines being played out.  Now it's just total trash that is down right degrading and puts me to sleep, that I refuse to watch.

98606[/snapback]

You certainly did miss out by not watching the NWA in the 80s. I watched in on TBS back when it was called Georgia Championship Wrestling. Man, did they have a great group of wrestlers then. The Four Horsemen, Ricky Steamboat, Dusty Rhodes, Magnum TA, The Rock & Roll Express, Cactus Jack, Ivan and Nikita Koloff, and tons of others! Even my all-time favorite, the late Rick Rude, had a great run in the NWA. Those were some great times for pro wrestling.

I certainly don't watch it, but as some of you know, my stepbrother is in wrestling. I've heard a lot about wrestling from him, and even put myself through the torture of watching him in person once.

It's a silly form of entertainment, but I have some respect for it (not much, but some) for a few reasons:

1. It gave him a great opportunity to make something out of his life. Without wrestling, he would almost certainly be in jail right now.

2. The people in wrestling, for the most part, are really good people; his ex-wife, Sable, is just a real sweetheart.

3. They really do beat the crap out of each other sometimes; he's had multiple (and severe) injuries and surgeries, and frequently gets his noggin cracked open. His body has taken some real punishment from this.

That's about it, though. I definitely find it a fascinating yet somewhat sad form of entertainment.

I certainly don't watch it, but as some of you know, my stepbrother is in wrestling. I've heard a lot about wrestling from him, and even put myself through the torture of watching him in person once.

It's a silly form of entertainment, but I have some respect for it (not much, but some) for a few reasons:

1. It gave him a great opportunity to make something out of his life. Without wrestling, he would almost certainly be in jail right now.

2. The people in wrestling, for the most part, are really good people; his ex-wife, Sable, is just a real sweetheart.

3. They really do beat the crap out of each other sometimes; he's had multiple (and severe) injuries and surgeries, and frequently gets his noggin cracked open. His body has taken some real punishment from this.

That's about it, though. I definitely find it a fascinating yet somewhat sad form of entertainment.

99424[/snapback]

mmmmmmm......Sable

Hey watch it buddy

101547[/snapback]

WWF (or whatever it was called or is called now) was a client of the public accouting firm I worked at in CT. One of my good friends was there all the time and met several of the guys. I remember him passing out the issues of the Playboy with Sable on the cover. Mmmmmm indeed, I think I still have it.

Nice job by your stepbrother Rubes!