Our new LG

Justice

The Bills are in desperate need of an identity. The only thing we do well is special teams. Get a guy like Andre Smith and with Peters you have the building blocks for a dominant Offensive Line. I wouldn't be against taking Raji either. I'm weary of taking a 260 lb pass rusher who's only going to see the field on 3rd down if Schobel returns to form.

Or you have one discontent player that wants $10,000,000 a year and Mike Williams part deux. Not to mention the Bills waste another 1st Round pick that sets the franchise back 5 more years. Just say no to Andre Smith :lol:

Where could have I gotten an idea like that? Never been done before, what was I thinking? [sARCASM]

What's with the personal attack? It's people like you that make this board unbearable at times. Always name calling instead of debating the topic at hand. Just because you don't agree with someone doesn't give you the right to diss anyone.

Put me on block or don't read my posts. You don't offer anything of substance anyways.

Wait, you mean players have changed position before??? no way

No the point I'm making here is why are we going to draft a player in the first round to play at different position? While its not like moving a QB to WR, its still a major transition, you couple that on top making the transition to the NFL then add in the fact the guy has a poor work ethic and attitude and you've got bust written all over it.

Oh and speaking of unbearable, hey pot, its kettle you're black.

I don't know about Smith but I get your thinking. Supposedly, there are like 4 top LTs. I'm very iffy on the DE 1st prospects. The rest of the guy seem like a so-so group as well. Depending on if Raji is gone (or if Rey M. doesn't blow people away at his pro day), I won't might getting one of the top LTs. It would be great to have a dominant side like we were supposed to have with Peters-dockery.

I also won't might having a draft like Colts did last year and picking a bunch of centers (since that seems to the deepest position in the draft). Perhaps Wood of Louisville or Uger in the 2nd, then a guy like Caldwell from alabama in the 4th.

AGREE! Deep center draft and Hangartner can play Guard-

I had the same thought the other day. Hey guys, just so you know, expect most of your DL targets to be drafted before we pick at 11. The teams in the top 10 have huge pass rush needs, Det, KC, Cle, GB, SF, Oak, Cinci, they all need pass rushers. Add in the fact that a lot of other top 10 rated guys are falling - Crabtree, Andre Smith, the QBs, even Jenkins hurt himself with a slow 40. Now we are hopeing that Raji, Orakpo, or Brown fall, but I dont see it happening with those teams drafting before us. So who do we choose? Cushing? Jerry? One of the top T's? I think A. Smith could have a lot of value at RT or could become the next Shawn Andrews at guard. If not one of the other tackles could play RT and move walker inside, however I like Smith the best because he is the one best suited to play guard or RT because he is a bigger stronger mauler and the others are more finesse pass blockers. The thing about the OL is that guys can play a handlefull of diff positions. If Andre Smith cannot play LT but is a pro bowl guard great, lets draft him.

The difference is, he was the the #2 rated high school player and lived up to all of the hype by starting as a true freshman (Fr All American) being named All American 2 years in a row, 3 time 1st team all SEC and won the Outland by the time he was 21! He plays with a nasty ASS attitude and finishes the hell out of his blocks. Put him next to Jason Peters and that would be truly devestating. He ran into a little bit of trouble but it's not like it was drugs or assault. Maybe he just wanted to be a kid for a few seconds. Whichever teams picks Smith is gonna get a bargin.

Don't forget that he was the first O-lineman to be named best high school player in the state of Alabama.

You are dead on with this post. Smith was a great tackle, but would be an even better guard. The only knock on his play is that he could struggle with speed rushers at the end. But if he's at guard, that problem is obsolete.

There is a video interview on NFL.com with Adre Smith adressing his situation -- leaving the combine and not working out. Pretty good video. If the game tape warrent the #1 overall pick like a lot of "experts" say, then I cant argue much with the selection of him at 11. We need OL help and the top DL prospects are likely to be gone.

or John Fina

:wallbash:

I had the same thought the other day. Hey guys, just so you know, expect most of your DL targets to be drafted before we pick at 11. The teams in the top 10 have huge pass rush needs, Det, KC, Cle, GB, SF, Oak, Cinci, they all need pass rushers. Add in the fact that a lot of other top 10 rated guys are falling - Crabtree, Andre Smith, the QBs, even Jenkins hurt himself with a slow 40. Now we are hopeing that Raji, Orakpo, or Brown fall, but I dont see it happening with those teams drafting before us. So who do we choose? Cushing? Jerry? One of the top T's? I think A. Smith could have a lot of value at RT or could become the next Shawn Andrews at guard. If not one of the other tackles could play RT and move walker inside, however I like Smith the best because he is the one best suited to play guard or RT because he is a bigger stronger mauler and the others are more finesse pass blockers. The thing about the OL is that guys can play a handlefull of diff positions. If Andre Smith cannot play LT but is a pro bowl guard great, lets draft him.

I sincerely hope they are capable of pulling off a trade back this year. The extra picks would be great. I also hope they sign a better than average LG before the draft so it's not a major need.

Just say to to Andre Smith.

The last 4 months have been the most important months of Andre Smiths life. He was potentially the #1 pick in the draft.

What does he do?

Gains 30 pounds of fat and is more out of shape then he has EVER been in his life.

PASS

After giving it some thought I finally realized the Bills won't be bringing in any free agent lineman. Could it be the Bills plan on using their 11th overall pick on Andre Smith of Alabama? To those of you in the know, can AS make that move to G? It's obvious AS is slipping in the draft and he very well could be the best lineman in the draft. I wouldn't mind seeing the Bills go offensive line heavy in this years draft. Why not? We've ignored the lines in the draft for far too long.

For what very little it is worth, I watch Alabama every chance I get and project him to Right Tackle, not OG.