I hate the Bills approach this offseason

On the fly, but I just wanted to add my two cents.

All of the defensive players that the Bills have had in for a visit have played in the Tampa-2 scheme or variations of it, which spells disaster for the 2009 season. :thumbdown:

They can't overhaul the whole defense in one offseason so Dickie and crew are electing to stick with the Tampa suck.

There's no magic defensive scheme. Chasing the next hot trend will not solve the Bills problems. There's also an opportunity to take advantage of a buyer's market of players suited for the Tampa 2.

I like what I just read about Keiaho. Young and improving. I think they'd be better off with him than Cato June

If the Bills are employing Perry Fewell, they'd be fools to bring in 3-4 players and force the coach to run a scheme he's not good at. If you want to overhaul the staff, fine, but that decision's been made. Now the team needs to make the best of it.

All of the defensive players that the Bills have had in for a visit have played in the Tampa-2 scheme or variations of it, which spells disaster for the 2009 season. :thumbdown:

like there was any chance for a different result for the 2009 season

Ralp is cheap, and the cover 2 is a cheap defense with low budget players. The only way we abandon this system is if Dicky gets fired, which probably be after 8 games next year after we start 1-7. We dont have a good enough pass rush for this defense and why we play cover 2 in Buffalo is beyond me!!! Our strong winds can be our cover 2. U cant get beat with the big play in strong winds!!! But Dicky is too in competent to realize this

I dont know if I could respectfully disagree any more with the op

In my opinion what has been a big problem with this team is we haven't brought in players that suit the offense and defense we are trying to employ......

If we can get teams into longer down and distance on defense they wont try to run on us as much........we need linebackers who can cover as part of the scheme.......bring in players that can do that......

The offense needs a reliable pass catching target for Trent Edwards.......go get that friggen guy

I don't like the Tampa 2 but players and coaching adjustments win or lose not systems- It's one of the things I hate about football today, coaches trying to stuff players into systems instead of structuring game plans around the strengths and weaknesses of your players.

Huh? Our defense improved from 31st to 14th last year, and if we get a good pass rusher in the draft it should improve to top 10.

I agree with this. Plus we'll upgrade Ellison's spot pretty soon and get Schobel back healthy. We should be improved.

we just need to get more sacks this year

No doubt.

wow, bring in players that fit what you run. Who would have thought of that? I thought you brought in 34 guys to run the tampa 2. We run the tampa 2 so you bring in guys that fit the tampa 2.

We're committed to staying the course instead of blowing it up so it makes sense to pursue the Cato Junes, etc.

They can't overhaul the whole defense in one offseason so Dickie and crew are electing to stick with the Tampa suck.

For better or worse. Better I think.

There's no magic defensive scheme. Chasing the next hot trend will not solve the Bills problems. There's also an opportunity to take advantage of a buyer's market of players suited for the Tampa 2.

I and many Bills fans remember when we didn't run a west coast offense and people were clamoring for it. Many also remember the fan's push to try out the run and shoot offense and hire Mouse Davis.

If the Bills are employing Perry Fewell, they'd be fools to bring in 3-4 players and force the coach to run a scheme he's not good at. If you want to overhaul the staff, fine, but that decision's been made. Now the team needs to make the best of it.

Yes, systems are irrelevant if you can bring in players who can run it. We need better talent more than we need a better scheme.