Who will we draft?

Justice

It has become quite evident that the Bills draft players to fill a hole that they, themselves, create by not re-signing their own. It never fails. We draft McKelvin just to let Greer walk. We draft Whitner because we let Lawyer walk. We draft Lynch because we let McGahee go. We draft McGahee so that we can let Henry leave. We draft Poz because we let Fletcher go. The list goes on and on. It's a never ending cycle that keeps the Bills' progress stagnant. That's why we're always 7 and 9. This team will never get better if we don't keep our own and use the draft to supplement the talent that's already on the roster.

So, who will we draft? Will it be a DE because we plan on releasing Kelsay or Schobel next year? Will it be a DT because we don't expect Stroud to stick around?

Anybody know whose contract is up next year?

We draft McKelvin just to let Greer walk. We draft Whitner because we let Lawyer walk. We draft Lynch because we let McGahee go. We draft McGahee so that we can let Henry leave. We draft Poz because we let Fletcher go.

What is the problem here?? That's what any good football team does. McKelvin will have a better career than Greer. Milloy was getting old, Whitner was an upgrade. McGahee is overrated and we ditched him at the perfect time (before the bloodsucker Rosenhaus tried to dig his talons into Ralph) - notice how he's the backup in Baltimore. Fletcher was getting old too and Poz is a prototypical MLB. I'm not sure I understand what the grievance is here. We draft younger players to replace older ones. Welcome to the NFL.

What is the problem here?? That's what any good football team does. McKelvin will have a better career than Greer. Milloy was getting old, Whitner was an upgrade. McGahee is overrated and we ditched him at the perfect time (before the bloodsucker Rosenhaus tried to dig his talons into Ralph) - notice how he's the backup in Baltimore. Fletcher was getting old too and Poz is a prototypical MLB. I'm not sure I understand what the grievance is here. We draft younger players to replace older ones. Welcome to the NFL.

Lawyer is still playing and I can't say for sure if Whitner is a upgrade, especially being the 8th overall pick. Poz over Fletch? No upgrade there, not yet anyways.

Let me know how you feel when we draft Jenkins so that McGee can walk. Is that improving your team? How 'bout we keep our guys and plug in new players at positions we need the most?

Lawyer is still playing and I can't say for sure if Whitner is a upgrade, especially being the 8th overall pick. Poz over Fletch? No upgrade there, not yet anyways.

Let me know how you feel when we draft Jenkins so that McGee can walk. Is that improving your team? How 'bout we keep our guys and plug in new players at positions we need the most?

Where is Milloy playing? He just got cut by Atlanta. I'm sure he got signed by somebody but Whitner is definitely an upgrade (even if he was a reach at #8).

I liked Fletcher but Poz will be a solid MLB for years to come. Fletcher was growing old in the tooth.

What is with people saying we are drafting Jenkins?? We are not drafting a CB the first day!! We've got so much depth there - unlike a year ago - it's crazy. If they let McGee walk it'll only be because Youboty or Corner have stepped up. McGee isn't a "shut-down" corner either. He isn't irreplaceable.

Keep guys when it's prudent and responsible to do so (i.e. Evans, Peters). Let expendable players walk. There's a reason that Patriots are consistently competitive. They understand who they can let go (Vinatieri, Ty Law, David Givens, Deion Branch, Mike Vrabel, Matt Cassel, etc. etc.) and who they can't (Brady, Seymour, Wilfork, Matt Light, etc.).

Keep guys when it's prudent and responsible to do so (i.e. Evans, Peters). Let expendable players walk. There's a reason that Patriots are consistently competitive. They understand who they can let go (Vinatieri, Ty Law, David Givens, Deion Branch, Mike Vrabel, Matt Cassel, etc. etc.) and who they can't (Brady, Seymour, Wilfork, Matt Light, etc.).

How many Super Bowls did NE win after letting those guys walk?

I asked the question, didn't I?

They went 18-1 after letting those guys go!!!! Do you think, after letting Vrabel and Cassel go, that those were the centerpieces of the organization and we will finally beat them? Seriously?? Please don't ever run a football organization.

They went 18-1 after letting those guys go!!!! Do you think, after letting Vrabel and Cassel go, that those were the centerpieces of the organization and we will finally beat them? Seriously?? Please don't ever run a football organization.

I never said I can run an organization. You couldn't either, the funny thing is, they won a SB with Brown and Branch at WR and lost the SB with Welker and Moss at receiver. I am not saying it was their fault, but none the less, they lost. 18 and 1 is bulls#*t when you lose the last game of the year!!!!

Vrabel and Cassel are expendable for sure. The point I'm trying to make is this, look at all our wasted draft picks that we used when we let YOUNG players leave.

The 2nd we used on Henry.

A 1st on McGahee when we already had Henry.

A 1st on Lynch when we could've stuck with McGahee.

A 1st on McKelvin when we already had Greer and McGee as starters.

A 2nd on Poz when Fletch obviously had a lot of football left in him.

A 1st on Whitner when Lawyer still had three good years left in him.

That's a total of 4 first round and 2 second round picks that could've been used on the OL, the DL and TE.

The 2nd we used on Henry.

A 1st on McGahee when we already had Henry.

A 1st on Lynch when we could've stuck with McGahee.

A 1st on McKelvin when we already had Greer and McGee as starters.

A 2nd on Poz when Fletch obviously had a lot of football left in him.

A 1st on Whitner when Lawyer still had three good years left in him.

That's a total of 4 first round and 2 second round picks that could've been used on the OL, the DL and TE.

Agreed on McGahee over Henry. That was considered a value pick but we should have gone elsewhere in retrospect.

Disagree on Lynch - he's proven to be a very solid RB and we couldn't afford what McGahee and that bloodsucker Rosenhaus wanted (we were right to trade him the year before - notice he's a backup now).

Disagree on McKelvin - his ceiling is higher than both McGee and Greer. No question.

On the fence about Poz. I was a big London Fletcher fan but he was 33(?) when we let him go. He couldn't play forever.

Disagree on Whitner. Milloy was a liability in coverage and just getting worse with age. Whitner is a young talent we can build around and has the flexibility to play FS or nickel CB if needed.

And your "super bowl" argument...keep that one off the message boards for your own good. It doesn't make any sense...

Agreed: keeping our own has never been part of the equation at OBD. If we had extended Greer, a very solid known commodity, last year, we needn't have drafted McKelvin, and could have used that #1 pick to solidify one of our many weaknesses. Instead, we develop a quality young corner in Greer, then decide to let him walk while using a valuable #1 pick to fill a role that was already filled. Rinse. Repeat. But I guess we DO extend sometimes: Keeping Kelsay for huge money was (cue the Guniness ad)" BRILLIANT!!!!".

Agreed on McGahee over Henry. That was considered a value pick but we should have gone elsewhere in retrospect.

Disagree on Lynch - he's proven to be a very solid RB and we couldn't afford what McGahee and that bloodsucker Rosenhaus wanted (we were right to trade him the year before - notice he's a backup now).

Disagree on McKelvin - his ceiling is higher than both McGee and Greer. No question.

On the fence about Poz. I was a big London Fletcher fan but he was 33(?) when we let him go. He couldn't play forever.

Disagree on Whitner. Milloy was a liability in coverage and just getting worse with age. Whitner is a young talent we can build around and has the flexibility to play FS or nickel CB if needed.

And your "super bowl" argument...keep that one off the message boards for your own good. It doesn't make any sense...

I'm sorry but Whitner sucks in coverage.

Prototypical?

Maybe my eyes have deceived me, but I could have sworn I read an article where this coaching staff was open to the idea of moving Poz to the outside if they acquired another MLB.

That doesn't sound prototypical to me. Nor does it sound like the staff is 100% positive Poz can play MLB.

Prototypical?

Maybe my eyes have deceived me, but I could have sworn I read an article where this coaching staff was open to the idea of moving Poz to the outside if they acquired another MLB.

That doesn't sound prototypical to me. Nor does it sound like the staff is 100% positive Poz can play MLB.

Well considering he played most of his college career outside...