TO released

Drew026

Guest dog14787
Hmm, let's think of some of the possible thoughts and storylines here.....

...the player that nobody wants playing for the team that nobody wants to play for.

...big time name playing in a small time market. It might be good for TO having less media around him.

...the team that needs another WR (#1 or 2) and there was none left to speak of until now.

...regardless of the outcome signing TO would be a marketing bonanza for the gate and revenue.

...both player and franchise feel that they don't get enough respect.

...both player and franchise have been to the Super Bowl and never won it. Both are running out of time to accomplish this.

...the guy is law abiding but is a total jerk and we have some "stars" on the team who are nice guys but break the law.

...the guy demands the ball and plays with passion. Who can you say that about on the team now?

...we haven't even been to the play-offs in a decade. What could TO possibly prevent us from accomplishing? Not being in the play-offs?

What he said :wallbash:

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

he's a terrible teamate and a locker room distraction, but he'd be good for us. I hate him. But he'd improve our team. not that we'd ever sign him.

The time has come to get T.O. to the Bills. He'll have a chip on his shoulder where he will want to prove that he is still an elite athlete, and he still wants to get a ring on his finger. He and Evans as our main receivers would be great.

Guest dog14787
The time has come to get T.O. to the Bills. He'll have a chip on his shoulder where he will want to prove that he is still an elite athlete, and he still wants to get a ring on his finger. He and Evans as our main receivers would be great.

Someone needs to get on the phone right now and schedule T.O. for an interview with the Brass, we can fake like being the Bills front office, come on SKOOBY, you can do this!!!

I don't understand with all the fear of bringing in TO. TO is not going to destroy this team. You won't be able to kill a people that is already dead. The minute the Bills extended Dick Jauron's contract, this team is already dead. Honestly, I cannot say that I am eager to watch the Bills play this coming year. They are a terrible team if not down right sucks. Players are this team are jokes. Coaches are jokes. Owner is the biggest joke. As a result, we are all jokes for carry about a whole lot of nothing. Bring TO in, what the hell! What is he going to do? Care about a lost? Nobody cares in this locker room. Go back and watch the locker room interviews of the Bills players after a lose in BuffaloBills.com (you won't miss them). They showed no emotion, just like their coach. I don't think I want to see that. If we go 1-15, at least we can get excited about the draft in 2010.

I don't understand with all the fear of bringing in TO. TO is not going to destroy this team. You won't be able to kill a people that is already dead. The minute the Bills extended Dick Jauron's contract, this team is already dead. Honestly, I cannot say that I am eager to watch the Bills play this coming year. They are a terrible team if not down right sucks. Players are this team are jokes. Coaches are jokes. Owner is the biggest joke. As a result, we are all jokes for carry about a whole lot of nothing. Bring TO in, what the hell! What is he going to do? Care about a lost? Nobody cares in this locker room. Go back and watch the locker room interviews of the Bills players after a lose in BuffaloBills.com (you won't miss them). They showed no emotion, just like their coach. I don't think I want to see that. If we go 1-15, at least we can get excited about the draft in 2010.

I just can't grasp this concept. What you are saying is that we have a weak team. What we have is a fairly young team. T.O. will destroy a young team. Without a veteran, solid core whatever team lands him will be in trouble. I also don't think he will play second fiddle to Evans. The attention has to be on him. He won't want you to get the popcorn ready for him to be the number two receiver on the team.

Not to mention his numbers. What has he done over the past couple seasons that would make him a viable option for this team? Lead the league in drops? That's not the way to build the confidence of a young QB or a young offense.

Guest dog14787
I just can't grasp this concept. What you are saying is that we have a weak team. What we have is a fairly young team. T.O. will destroy a young team. Without a veteran, solid core whatever team lands him will be in trouble. I also don't think he will play second fiddle to Evans. The attention has to be on him. He won't want you to get the popcorn ready for him to be the number two receiver on the team.

Not to mention his numbers. What has he done over the past couple seasons that would make him a viable option for this team? Lead the league in drops? That's not the way to build the confidence of a young QB or a young offense.

You have to admit though , T.O's stay at Dallas was toned down a bit and Buffalo could mellow him out even more, plus T.O. realizes he is running out of time as far as getting a Suberbowl ring is concerned so he knows this is it, his last chance, so he needs to fit in and help the team. A team that needs his help.

I think its possible it could end up being a good fit here in Buffalo, one that would change how folks think of T.O.

Wheres the love :wallbash:

Besides ,this team was built on Character, there's plenty to go around, you can't get any more professional than Lee Evans and its bound to rub off, Evans can handle him.

The whole chip on his shoulder thing is not a good way to describe T.O. When i think of a guy playing with a chip on his shoulder i think of Lawrence Taylor. A guy that played mean and hard. But was a leader. T.o couldn't lead a flag football team. He is a ME guy. Always has been and al;ways will be. He does everything for himself. You really want a guy on your team that does sit ups in his driveway in front of cameras. He has the suicide call incident a few years ago. Calling his QB gay in Frisco. Then crying in front of the camera about his QB in Dallas. There is no way to make this guy happy. Even when he is the number one guy on a good team he screwed it up in Philly. Then in Dallas he accuses Romo and Whitten of collusion. I am sorry but if you want this guy here, you are cut from the same clothe as Daniel Snyder. And we have all seen what that guy gets. Overpaid Vets on the downside of their career. Whose team backs into the playoffs and get bounced after one or two games. Keep T.O and his shananigans away from Buffalo, we have enough real problems.

Guest dog14787
The whole chip on his shoulder thing is not a good way to describe T.O. When i think of a guy playing with a chip on his shoulder i think of Lawrence Taylor. A guy that played mean and hard. But was a leader. T.o couldn't lead a flag football team. He is a ME guy. Always has been and al;ways will be. He does everything for himself. You really want a guy on your team that does sit ups in his driveway in front of cameras. He has the suicide call incident a few years ago. Calling his QB gay in Frisco. Then crying in front of the camera about his QB in Dallas. There is no way to make this guy happy. Even when he is the number one guy on a good team he screwed it up in Philly. Then in Dallas he accuses Romo and Whitten of collusion. I am sorry but if you want this guy here, you are cut from the same clothe as Daniel Snyder. And we have all seen what that guy gets. Overpaid Vets on the downside of their career. Whose team backs into the playoffs and get bounced after one or two games. Keep T.O and his shananigans away from Buffalo, we have enough real problems.

Some of the biggest players in the league, in the history of the NFL have been involved with shootings, spousal abuse, hit and run, Controlled substance usage, even committing murder and yet T.O. seems to be the worst person that ever stepped onto a football field in some peoples eyes,

Sorry, I'm not buying what your selling, cut from the same cloth as Daniel Snynder, geeesh, give me a break :wallbash:

Do you think it hurts a team when your not there to help them because of legal reasons? Nawww, whatever gave you that idea.

We have a flea circus now, I'd like to have some camera's following the team and put us in the spotlight. The big city teams get followed 24 / 7 and the good players in the league would have to at least consider Buffalo a possible place to play. Right now we are a joke.

They do it's called 68 lame @ss seconds with Langston Walker!

I can think of many things that can be worse than bring TO here.

1) Marshall Lynch gets arrested again.

2) Trend Edwards continue to regress.

3) They spend another first round pick on running back or receiver and continue to ignore DE and OT.

4) They go 7-9 for the next ten years and Dick Jauron extends his contract for life.

5) They trade schobel to Chicago for a 7th round pick.

6) They lose all the division games again.

7) They get blown out by the Dolphins at home, in snow.

8) We found out that Edwards cannot play in snow and they have to build a dome stadium for him.

Right now, this team has very little talent. The players are not good enough and we cannot keep hoping that they will be better (we already tried). The worse part is, the Bills is also not very good at drafting players. So if this is a young team, then they can definitely afford to make some mistakes. I think this team is about 8 to 10 years away from making the playoff anyway (with a lot of luck). Why not experiment with TO and see what happen? The Pats took a chance on Moss when no other team would touch him. It is all about risk. The Bills should look at how the Pats structure Moss' contract and do the same with TO. That is, if TO even want to come here in the first place. My bet is, he is not going to waste his time with this team. Outside of Buffalo, nobody pay any attention to the Bills.

I can think of many things that can be worse than bring TO here.

1) Marshall Lynch gets arrested again.

2) Trend Edwards continue to regress.

3) They spend another first round pick on running back or receiver and continue to ignore DE and OT.

4) They go 7-9 for the next ten years and Dick Jauron extends his contract for life.

5) They trade schobel to Chicago for a 7th round pick.

6) They lose all the division games again.

7) They get blown out by the Dolphins at home, in snow.

8) We found out that Edwards cannot play in snow and they have to build a dome stadium for him.

Right now, this team has very little talent. The players are not good enough and we cannot keep hoping that they will be better (we already tried). The worse part is, the Bills is also not very good at drafting players. So if this is a young team, then they can definitely afford to make some mistakes. I think this team is about 8 to 10 years away from making the playoff anyway (with a lot of luck). Why not experiment with TO and see what happen? The Pats took a chance on Moss when no other team would touch him. It is all about risk. The Bills should look at how the Pats structure Moss' contract and do the same with TO. That is, if TO even want to come here in the first place. My bet is, he is not going to waste his time with this team. Outside of Buffalo, nobody pay any attention to the Bills.

The difference between T.O. and Moss is that Moss had given up with the Raiders. The talent was still there.

T.O.'s talent has been steadily eroding over the past few seasons.

If you go for an older receiver, shouldn't you at least go for one that holds on to the ball and doesn't raise hell and complain of collusion among the other players if he doesn't get enough catches?

The difference between T.O. and Moss is that Moss had given up with the Raiders. The talent was still there.

T.O.'s talent has been steadily eroding over the past few seasons.

If you go for an older receiver, shouldn't you at least go for one that holds on to the ball and doesn't raise hell and complain of collusion among the other players if he doesn't get enough catches?

this may be true, but TO is better than any receiver we have. the only problem with bringing in TO is that if he b*tches about Romo not getting him the ball, just imagine how angry he would be with Trent trying to get him the ball.