Florence Signing Helps Whitner?

H2o

http://blogs.buffalonews.com/billboard/200...lp-whitner.html

Seems to be what Gaughan thinks. Not really sure if I agree.

If you remember H20, Florence Drayton was a very Hot Commodity going into the last off season. He was considered at the time one of the best nickel backers in the league. You've seen the stats, 10 ints in a few years. He thrived at that nickel spot in a zone scheme. That is why he got the super mega contract from the Jaguars, 6 year $36Million. When the Jaguars converted him to a pure corner on an island, he failed and didn't live up to the huge contract and played the nickel. So the Jaguars had to cut him, it is ludicrous to pay $6Million a year for a nickel backer, just imagine what the rest of the players were thinking.

So now we get him on the cheap or maybe I should say at good value, Whitner won't have to play as much man, so he theoretically he will be more free to try to make plays in open space. We very well may possibly be upgraded defensively on the DB side from last year. Not saying that Drayton is better than Greer, because he most likely is'nt at the starting #2 corner spot. But he may be better than Mckelvin in the #3 slot/ nickel position from last year, and Mckelvin very well may end up being as good or better than Greer at the #2 cb spot this year.

It get's confusing, but this move makes lots of sense and there is a possibility that we may be better from the DB perspective than last year.

Having said that, we need to get to the qb or it is almost all for not.

If you remember H20, Florence Drayton was a very Hot Commodity going into the last off season. He was considered at the time one of the best nickel backers in the league. You've seen the stats, 10 ints in a few years. He thrived at that nickel spot in a zone scheme. That is why he got the super mega contract from the Jaguars, 6 year $36Million. When the Jaguars converted him to a pure corner on an island, he failed and didn't live up to the huge contract and played the nickel. So the Jaguars had to cut him, it is ludicrous to pay $6Million a year for a nickel backer, just imagine what the rest of the players were thinking.

So now we get him on the cheap or maybe I should say at good value, Whitner won't have to play as much man, so he theoretically he will be more free to try to make plays in open space. We very well may possibly be upgraded defensively on the DB side from last year. Not saying that Drayton is better than Greer, because he most likely is'nt at the starting #2 corner spot. But he may be better than Mckelvin in the #3 slot/ nickel position from last year, and Mckelvin very well may end up being as good or better than Greer at the #2 cb spot this year.

It get's confusing, but this move makes lots of sense and there is a possibility that we may be better from the DB perspective than last year.

good points. Also, youboty looked good in the nickel spot before he got hurt. After his injury whitner was forced into that spot. Now we have Florence and Youboty in that spot, which IMO is pretty good when teams go 4 wide. Now we need a pure pass rusher, and a play making LB. Crowell??

Cornerback is looking very good for us right now. I think you can count on Mcgee, McKelvin, Florence, Youboty and Corner for next year. The real battle will be between Florence, Youboty and Corner for the nickle spot. I would like to see Youboty win that job and hopefully stay healthy.

Great post. The other part of the equation is to get some pressure on the QB and maybe we'll see some picks.

Cornerback is looking very good for us right now. I think you can count on Mcgee, McKelvin, Florence, Youboty and Corner for next year. The real battle will be between Florence, Youboty and Corner for the nickle spot. I would like to see Youboty win that job and hopefully stay healthy.

Everybody is so excited about Florence. Why?

He was a complete bust in JAX and they couldn't get rid of him fast enough. This is definitely a downgrade from Greer.

I guess the Bills are saving a few bucks.

Everybody is so excited about Florence. Why?

He was a complete bust in JAX and they couldn't get rid of him fast enough. This is definitely a downgrade from Greer.

I guess the Bills are saving a few bucks.

he's not expected to replace Greer.

I still like him cause his career up until 1 year was a very good. AT THE VERY LEAST. He adds depth. McGee and McKelvin and are the foundation corners, Youboty if he stays healthy and plays like he did last year will solidify the nickel spot, with Florence as the 4th, and I for one love the potential of Reggie C.

Greer decided to have an amazing year at the right time, I liked him in Buffalo, but I don't think he'd be worth the paycheck he's gona get.