Dolphins sign center

Grove is a bum.

Maybe. But appreciate the fact that it's always a dice roll, and no player is a certainty. If you sit back and wait for the "sure thing" to happen, you might solidly nail yourself over the years into that also-ran category.

Sometimes, you just have to take a chance...

Ok. So what makes you think Jake Groves is better then Hangartner? Because he was a starter on a crappy team. And Hangartner was a back up? Who btw played in 8 games last year for one of the best running teams in the league. Carolina went to the playoffs Hangartner was a the product of haveing to many high paid guys at one position. Oakland let Jake Groves go. If you think Parcells is such a genius i am sorry you are just wrong. Has Dallas done anything? Miami had a nice season last year, but come on man. By your rational because a guy gets paid more money he must be better? I hope you are not in HR for your company. Pay on performance. And right now there is nothing to suggest Groves is better then Hangartner.

WTF!!! and we got this bum hamgater??? This franchise will never be good as long as Ralph is th eowner. Parcells outdoes this patheic team once again.

I don't know if this is sarcasm, but if it isn't the logic seems to be:

Jake Grove = someone I've heard of, therefore a great free agent pickup

Geoff Hangartner = someone I haven't heard of, therefore a "bum"

Some people might want to consider changing to Redskins fans -- since they consistently produce winning teams filled with quality free agent talent.

Maybe. But appreciate the fact that it's always a dice roll, and no player is a certainty. If you sit back and wait for the "sure thing" to happen, you might solidly nail yourself over the years into that also-ran category.

Sometimes, you just have to take a chance...

The Bills rolled the dice with Dockery and look where it got them.

But I was never that impressed with Groves when he did play, and he's been injured a lot on top of that.

WTF!!! and we got this bum hamgater??? This franchise will never be good as long as Ralph is th eowner. Parcells outdoes this patheic team once again.

Take it easy Fingon.

Have you (or anyone else besides NFL personnel departments) broken down the game film on both players? Of course not.

Go back to the story link and read the comments from Raiders fans.

There's at least an equal opportunity that Hangartner is the better player.

In addition, we wouldn't let Hangartner leave without a contract. What's to say that the Dolphins, who were heavily rumored to be in the Jason Brown sweepstakes, would have preferred Hangartner to Grove but misplayed the situation and had to settle for Grove 5 days later after missing out on Brown?

Don't jump the gun on this.