How New England Can Take Curry

The Cheat**riots (who now have 2 asterisks) could conceivably move up into the Top 4-5 picks if they wanted to.

After the Cassel trade, they currently have picks at

#23 (760 points)

#34 (560 points)

#47 (430 points)

#58 (320 points)

Total 2070 points

This is the equivalent of Pick 4 (1800) or Pick 3 (2200). If Curry falls, this could happen. The Patsies don't have the cap room to sign four RD1-2 players, and everyone knows it. Do I expect Curry to fall to Pick 4? No. Do I expect New England to be a player in our OLB draft maneuverings? Big Time.

The Cheat**riots (who now have 2 asterisks) could conceivably move up into the Top 4-5 picks if they wanted to.

#23 (760 points)

#34 (560 points)

#47 (430 points)

#58 (320 points)

Total 2070 points

This is the equivalent of Pick 4 (1800) or Pick 3 (2200). If Curry falls, this could happen. The Patsies don't have the cap room to sign four RD1-2 players, and everyone knows it. Do I expect Curry to fall to Pick 4? No. Do I expect New England to be a player in our OLB draft maneuverings? Big Time.

Well if the reports are true that they had a chance at the #3 pick, I don't see the logic in that...they also supposedly turned down the #12 pick.

they purposely rejected KC's offer of their 1st round pick. We can only assume they are smart enough to realize the huge risk and investment the top of the draft is. they didnt want to pick in the top 5 last week, why would they change their mind?

#23 (760 points)

#34 (560 points)

#47 (430 points)

#58 (320 points)

Total 2070 points

Interesting.

Reading this just shows me even more how NE is kicking ass.

No but they can use that early 2nd on Pass rushing beast Clint Sintim from UVA

I really believe that all of NE's picks in the 1st 2 rounds will be on the defensive side of the ball. I also believe that Sintim is one of the guys they are targeting. His size and athletic ability are very similar to Adalius Thomas, whom they already have on their roster. Who else would be better to teach Sintim and his similar style about the pro game? I also think that they take Connor Barwin from Cincinnatti. I also think that the Pats will take Darius Butler/ CB / UConn in the 2nd round. In the 1st round of the draft I think the guy that will fall to them is Rey Maualuga and I REALLY hate to say that. He has alot of questions surrounding his coverage ability and speed, but he's a nasty ILB that Belicheat will not let slide past him. He will start on opening day beside Mayo and a nasty duo those two will be for years to come. Sucks for us.

One thing that is sick to consider is that New England was stripped of one of their number one's last year because of the Spygate Scandal.

We're damn lucky that happened. They always seem to have extra picks at the top of the draft.

They still had the #10 pick and selected Mayo. :thumbsup:

New England is successful because they understand there is better value in drafting players in the late first round and the second round. They would never trade up into the top 5 and invest a huge contract in a player that has never played a down in the NFL. They consistently trade down every year in the draft and stock up on draft picks. They also never over react to the start of free agency by overpaying for "big name" free agents and it appears to me that their formula is working.

The Bills however have consistently traded up in the draft (Losman, McCargo) and signed high priced free agents (Dockery) and have no playoff appearences to show for their efforts.

I for one am glad we are not overpaying for these high priced free agents that everyone panic's and overpays for early in free agency. I however have little faith in the judgement of John Guy and Russ Brandon as talent evaluators. Hopefully we make a few hits in the draft this year and build upon our youth and are competitive this season but we are clearly still located in the basement of the AFC East.

#23 (760 points)

#34 (560 points)

#47 (430 points)

#58 (320 points)

Total 2070 points

Wouldn't the contract for the #3 or #4 draft pick be bigger than the 4 others combined?

Curry won't be there at 4, he will be taken by the Chiefs at #3. Now that KC has their QB they will go OL or defensive side and right now Curry is the best player in the draft this year. The guy runs as fast as a WR and is 6'2'' 246.

Of course it makes you wonder if perhaps the Patriots have something up their sleeves in that suspicious deal that sent Cassel AND Vrable to the Chiefs for only a #2. Their new GM was talking before the trade that Cassel would be worth a #1 and a #2 or more. Could the Pats have something cooking with the chiefs for that #3 overall pick during the draft?

Curry won't be there at 4, he will be taken by the Chiefs at #3. Now that KC has their QB they will go OL or defensive side and right now Curry is the best player in the draft this year. The guy runs as fast as a WR and is 6'2'' 246.

Of course it makes you wonder if perhaps the Patriots have something up their sleeves in that suspicious deal that sent Cassel AND Vrable to the Chiefs for only a #2. Their new GM was talking before the trade that Cassel would be worth a #1 and a #2 or more. Could the Pats have something cooking with the chiefs for that #3 overall pick during the draft?

I'll remember you brought this up Rabbit.

#23 (760 points)

#34 (560 points)

#47 (430 points)

#58 (320 points)

Total 2070 points

Championship!

The Patsies don't have the cap room to sign four RD1-2 players, and everyone knows it.

Wouldn't it be great to have a favorite team that is worried about spending so much that they're over the salary cap? Ahhh the good old days.

#23 (760 points)

#34 (560 points)

#47 (430 points)

#58 (320 points)

Total 2070 points

Complete BS.

The top 5 pick is going to cost a few million in cap space easy, regardless of signing bonus. The four later picks themselves will probably cost no more than 2-3 million of cap space total.

Contract value drops dramatically after the top 10 picks. A top 3-4 pick is gonna cost you at least 50 million plus about 25 mil in guaranteed money. Based off the 2008 rookie contracts, a pick in the mid 20's will run you 5 years, about 10-11 million, with 6-8 guaranteed. As for the 3 second rounders? James Hardy signed a 4 year deal last year worth a total of about 2.5 million, and probably a 1 mil signing bonus.

So what makes more sense? a top 3-4 pick for 50+ mil and 25 guaranteed, or 4 late first early second round picks that will run you 20 million total value with maybe 10-12 million guaranteed, tops.

Complete BS.

The top 5 pick is going to cost a few million in cap space easy, regardless of signing bonus. The four later picks themselves will probably cost no more than 2-3 million of cap space total.

Contract value drops dramatically after the top 10 picks. A top 3-4 pick is gonna cost you at least 50 million plus about 25 mil in guaranteed money. Based off the 2008 rookie contracts, a pick in the mid 20's will run you 5 years, about 10-11 million, with 6-8 guaranteed. As for the 3 second rounders? James Hardy signed a 4 year deal last year worth a total of about 2.5 million, and probably a 1 mil signing bonus.

So what makes more sense? a top 3-4 pick for 50+ mil and 25 guaranteed, or 4 late first early second round picks that will run you 20 million total value with maybe 10-12 million guaranteed, tops.

You're dead on. Those four picks are way more valuable and way more cheap than Curry. This isn't even worth discussing.