housh to seahawks

Breaking: Housh Headed To Seattle

Barring any last-second problems, free agent wide receiver T.J. Houshmandzadeh will sign a multi-year contract with the Seattle Seahawks, according to sources close to the situation.

According to the source, the Seahawks have offered close to $2 million more than the closest competitor in the race for Houshmandzadeh’s services.

The contract is expected to be signed within the hour.

More on this story as it develops.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

if you are gonna copy and paste the article at least give credit to the national football post... my favorite football site on the net

I was going to say that, but the last time I tried to tell someone not to plagiarize they seemed upset.

Breaking: Housh Headed To Seattle

Barring any last-second problems, free agent wide receiver T.J. Houshmandzadeh will sign a multi-year contract with the Seattle Seahawks, according to sources close to the situation.

According to the source, the Seahawks have offered close to $2 million more than the closest competitor in the race for Houshmandzadeh’s services.

The contract is expected to be signed within the hour.

More on this story as it develops.

Well, I guess we should find out pretty soon whether Coles was using the Bills or not. It is apparent the Bills are going to be entertainers, but not much in the way of deal-makers. Agents/Players know the Bills have to pay more to attract any decent players, so they use this as leverage with the rest of the league.

Well, you can add Cincy back to the list of teams interested in Coles' services. I think our chances of getting him signed are pretty slim, unless we are willing to pay him at the same rate the Seahawks are now going to pay Housh. Still, maybe the FO will be able to get something done this afternoon/evening and get Coles off the market before other teams swoop in.

Maybe Minnesota will be interested in Coles as well since they missed out on Howshmazilli. TJ to Seattle = one thing, CHAMPIONSHIP!!! I really thought he might end up going to Seattle just for nostalgic purposes if anything else. Back to the northwest for the former Beaver. He's probably pretty happy about that.

On the upside - perhaps Seattle passes on Crabtree and he falls to us. That would give us another 'solid' choice along with Raji and Curry. Everyone else, outside of the OTs, are a bit more risky.

WHAT!? Look, I realize that Crabtree is a very very effective player. His potential is seemingly endless in the eyes of ESPN. But we are talking about chalking up a few bucks on a number 2 that could help alleviate pressure from Evans...

...Not wasting our top pick at a position we have depth on.

Why on earth do you hope Crabtree passes on to us?

Well, you can add Cincy back to the list of teams interested in Coles' services. I think our chances of getting him signed are pretty slim, unless we are willing to pay him at the same rate the Seahawks are now going to pay Housh. Still, maybe the FO will be able to get something done this afternoon/evening and get Coles off the market before other teams swoop in.

Why would we need to pay Coles what Sea is giving Housh? Housh is the superior receiver. Coles doesn't warrant what Housh will receive. My suspicion is the Bills offer is right in line with what Cole' value is. If Cincy wants to overpay for him let them. I'd like to see Coles here, but I wouldn't mind seeing Washington here as well. Washington is younger and has more upside. Unfortunately I think he may be on his way to Tenn.

On the upside - perhaps Seattle passes on Crabtree and he falls to us. That would give us another 'solid' choice along with Raji and Curry. Everyone else, outside of the OTs, are a bit more risky.

You're living in an absolute dream world if you honestly believe that Curry will be available to the Bills at 11. He won't. You can take that to the bank...and it will be a minor miracle if Crabtree falls that far, workout or not.

Raji and Curry are gone well before we pick, you can bet that. I still don't believe that Crabtree gets past Oakland at #7 either. If we don't sign Coles, maybe our focus shifts to a guy like Torry Holt. Not really sure though. We could also go after Nate Washington. After Coles and Holt though, I don't really see anyone else that I would want us to go after. People say Toomer and Harrison would be good to have. But I don't like Harrison's persona the more stories I read about the guy and I don't know if Toomer would really be anything more than a coach to the younger guys. No Coles, no Holt, stick with what we got and see if Johnson and Hardy can show improvement.

WHAT!? Look, I realize that Crabtree is a very very effective player. His potential is seemingly endless in the eyes of ESPN. But we are talking about chalking up a few bucks on a number 2 that could help alleviate pressure from Evans...

Murra, I don't think it's as black and white as you do. The original poster is off base suggesting Curry or Raji may be around when the Bills pick. I think that's the longshot in his post.

However many would argue that success rate at drafting is tied to taking the best player available. Michael Crabtree is rated by several consumer scouting services as the best player in this draft. So there's that.

In addition the Bills do have a need for another starting quality receiver. We could debate this all day long but taking Crabtree is not as far fetched an idea as you seem to think IMO.

Murra, I don't think it's as black and white as you do. The original poster is off base suggesting Curry or Raji may be around when the Bills pick. I think that's the longshot in his post.

However many would argue that success rate at drafting is tied to taking the best player available. Michael Crabtree is rated by several consumer scouting services as the best player in this draft. So there's that.

In addition the Bills do have a need for another starting quality receiver. We could debate this all day long but taking Crabtree is not as far fetched an idea as you seem to think IMO.

Sorry. But you're just a fan. As I am, but I don't fall prey to fan tendencies...such as making up excuses to keep my Crabtree hopes alive. We don't need a WR. It's that simple.

We didn't need a runningback and we took Mcgahee, and we don't need a WR now. Little drafting mistakes like that hamper the future. Please, don't take a page out of the Detriot Lions dynasty and think aerial attack on this one.

Also from a financial standpoint, Crabtree, if we were lucky enough for him to slip to us would be the cheapest starting quality receiver available to us.

McKelvin was chosen 11th and signed a 5 year $19.4 million dollar contract. With the slotting system adjusted for inflation, he would probably cost us a bit more than McKelvin but probably also less money and less guaranteed money than someone like Coles.