Jerry Jones dissed by NFL scouts...

"I don’t think Dan Reeves was interviewed in San Francisco because of (the possibility of bringing back) Mike Vick. … I could see it being a factor for Jerry Jones. He has always loved athletic quarterbacks, and he sees his team as a circus act. It’s more about putting fans in the seats and entertainment value than it is about championships. That’s what drove (Bill) Parcells out of there. He knew he had gone as far as he could — he couldn’t tolerate it anymore. Poor ownership is worse than bad coaching or bad talent. It starts at the top. Why you think the Steelers have been so successful?"

Wow...seems like Jones and Snyder are one and the same...

I think that's crap...I think Jones is OBSESSED with winning to the point that it blinds him as to what is good or bad in terms of team chemistry.

perhaps the scouts just don't like Jones so they say whatever they want about him, but then again, perhaps they have a pretty good knowledge of what is going on in the league and just speak their mind behind the veil of anonymity...

Maybe. I don't know, I'm no expert on the Cowboys...I live in San Antonio, though, and they can basically charge whatever the hell they want for tickets and still fill whatever stadium they're playing in.

Obviously Jones doesn't mind a circus, but he didn't bring Pacman Jones and Owens in there to sell tickets or jerseys, because they can do that anyway. He really wants to win, he just doesn't have the patience or knowhow (seemingly) to do it.

"I don’t think Dan Reeves was interviewed in San Francisco because of (the possibility of bringing back) Mike Vick. … I could see it being a factor for Jerry Jones. He has always loved athletic quarterbacks, and he sees his team as a circus act. It’s more about putting fans in the seats and entertainment value than it is about championships. That’s what drove (Bill) Parcells out of there. He knew he had gone as far as he could — he couldn’t tolerate it anymore. Poor ownership is worse than bad coaching or bad talent. It starts at the top. Why you think the Steelers have been so successful?"

From were did your quote come? I'm confused, because Reeves was interviewed in SF. When I heard him on local (Dallas) radio after leaving the cboys he made it seem like he turned them (49ers) down or at the least left to interview with Jerry before they could talk $$$. Also, whatever person said Jones is more interested in fannies in the seats doesn't know what he's talkng about...he's smart enough to realize that winning is the best way to do that. He (to a cboys fan) is an excellent owner because he willing to bring in players and spend cash, but, he's a terrible GM. We should give thanks every day that he holds both positions.

To be fair, Parcells was an active contributor to the circus, while he was there. I know that it is considered a sin to criticize the Tuna, in any way, but he played right into the bizarreness that is/was the Cowboys. One thing about Bills, though, he doesn't like any competition for the ring leader spot, or the media spotlight, from anyone else in the organization. In Dallas, he had plenty of competition for both.

I think Jerry Jones lets the fan inside of him get the best of him way to often. Rather than listening to tried and true scouts or trusted personnel guys, he'd rather act like somebody on TBD and create a madden team, chemistry be damned. He doesn't care if a square peg doesn't fit in a round hole, they should find a way to jam it in there.

Everytime a decent player gets cut, everybody and their mom jumps on this board creating a thread of how we should get him. And I'm sure Jones is the exact same way, until somebody in the organization coaxes him out of it.

Yeah the guy played college ball, but he just isnt on the level of an NFL scout, just like Ralph's daughter. And the way he picks coaches like Wade, I'm sure the guys he picks for personnel are just as well syncophants, who agree with everything him and his son come up with.

I think Jerry Jones lets the fan inside of him get the best of him way to often. Rather than listening to tried and true scouts or trusted personnel guys, he'd rather act like somebody on TBD and create a madden team, chemistry be damned. He doesn't care if a square peg doesn't fit in a round hole, they should find a way to jam it in there.

Everytime a decent player gets cut, everybody and their mom jumps on this board creating a thread of how we should get him. And I'm sure Jones is the exact same way, until somebody in the organization coaxes him out of it.

:unsure: