Question About Our DL Play From Yesterday

Paco

For those who examine the Xs and Os yesterday, I need to ask: What the hell seemed to get into Sam, Pat, Ron, et.al. yesterday vs. the Cardinals OL?

The first time I saw Big Sam blow over the center, I thought maybe he just timed it right. But it didn't just happen once, but rather four or five times. There were a number of plays where we were completely blowing up their OL like I had not seen all year. I'm not talking about stuffing the run. I'm talking about the blatant explosion up and over their center and guards to the point of shear disruption early and often. At one point I saw Adams get to both the quarterback and receiver and just take them both down while they were exchanging the ball.

Were we doing something different yesterday? Was it simply showing how bad AZ's OL is? Were our people overly motivated, or was AZ must missing blocks? It certainly didn't look like a different defensive scheme.

One thing you can say. Someone forgot to tell those boys that we're 1-5 because aside from some glaring incidents where they seemed to overpursue, they truly played a stellar game.

Anyone else wonder what they hell they had for breakfast?

I agree, they must have been 15 snaps where out DL just swallowed them whole. Sam Adams seemed to know the snap count, in some cases better than the OL. Some of that may have been film study, potentially seeing a guys first move and Sam was all over it. In other cases it seemed as if the stunts and blitzing was wreaking havoc on the AZ offensive line.

I gotta admit though, we did make em look silly at times.

On several different plays, I thought Sam Adams knew the snap count. He was off the ball in a heartbeat and did this "club" move on the center (knocking him to the side with his arm) before getting in the backfield.

He played the best game on the field for any defensive player yesterday.

95273[/snapback]

That's it. That was my opinion that Arizona was going with the same cadance and count the whole day. Sam and crew, including Coy Wire, basically were going when they needed.

That's something a coach from the Card's should have caught.

Didn't our coaches change the DT play scheme this week. I think usually they use the DT's to plug up the middle and stand up the interior linemen. This week they actually let them rush the passer. That was one thing Sam was mad about in weeks past.

For those who examine the Xs and Os yesterday, I need to ask: What the hell seemed to get into Sam, Pat, Ron, et.al. yesterday vs. the Cardinals OL?

The first time I saw Big Sam blow over the center, I thought maybe he just timed it right. But it didn't just happen once, but rather four or five times. There were a number of plays where we were completely blowing up their OL like I had not seen all year. I'm not talking about stuffing the run. I'm talking about the blatant explosion up and over their center and guards to the point of shear disruption early and often. At one point I saw Adams get to both the quarterback and receiver and just take them both down while they were exchanging the ball.

Were we doing something different yesterday? Was it simply showing how bad AZ's OL is? Were our people overly motivated, or was AZ must missing blocks? It certainly didn't look like a different defensive scheme.

One thing you can say. Someone forgot to tell those boys that we're 1-5 because aside from some glaring incidents where they seemed to overpursue, they truly played a stellar game.

Anyone else wonder what they hell they had for breakfast?

95262[/snapback]

The first thing I noticed was the Arizona C looked REAL small compared to the Bills DT's. I wonder if QB cadence had something to do with it because the Bills were getting off the Ball awfully fast. They were winning the battle with strength AND quickness, which is obviously rare. Seemed to me like it was just a mismatch talent-wise. The rotation of Adams, Williams, and Edwards does seem to get better each week... The big test will be vs. Mawae and the Jets from LG to RG. That should be a big difference in skill level when compared to Arizona... B)

The big test will be vs. Mawae and the Jets from LG to RG. That should be a big difference in skill level when compared to Arizona... B)

95294[/snapback]

I wonder how much longer Mawae plans on wearing that club on his hand.

I swear we ran a few 3-4 formations on third down with Edwards playing nose tackle.

Phat Sam played a few plays on passing downs and rushed the passer but most plays he came out. Edwards continues to impress, on runs and pass rushes. The line is clearly getting better. They are now second in the league against the run. They got a lot of heat on McKown from assorted blitzes, the Cards QB actually eluded the rush fantastic during the entire game. A lesser QB (mobile wise) would have been sacked 6-8 times.

The first thing I noticed was the Arizona C looked REAL small compared to the Bills DT's. I wonder if QB cadence had something to do with it because the Bills were getting off the Ball awfully fast. They were winning the battle with strength AND quickness, which is obviously rare. Seemed to me like it was just a mismatch talent-wise. The rotation of Adams, Williams, and Edwards does seem to get better each week... The big test will be vs. Mawae and the Jets from LG to RG. That should be a big difference in skill level when compared to Arizona... B)

95294[/snapback]

nice sig......it makes sense to me!